Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #16  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
Thank you so much. It really does look delicious! When you divide up into little balls, can you freeze the dough for later? I would think that would be really convenient!
Freeze it before the second rise and let it sit at least 30 minutes after it thaws. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviemc View Post
Jeannette-I usally have 1200-1300 average, somedays it is 1400-1500 (like on the weekend) but it is a pretty good. The worst I do is sugar free jello or pudding, I have to have something sweet. My Dr says that is good since I am only 5'
The most important thing is that your doctor is advising you. I think you're doing pretty good! I just weighed myself and after about a week of upping my calories and I'm down a couple more pounds. Good luck!
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #17  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default me too

Since I upped my exercise, I upped my calories, and apparently by too much. I have put back 3 pounds!
BUT, I am also just post ovulation (the start of water weight, it will be about 2 weeks, 3-4 days after my period starts, before I will lose this, it seems, since I started keeping track of my weight in relation to my cycle)
In reality, a weigh in about monthly, after my period would be ideal, but more frequent weigh ins keep me accountable.
I also had some cheats in there, and a couple of nights with 3 glasses of wine (stress relievers) but I hope I am getting thru it. Thought I had lost the need for chocolate, but NO>
Good luck. We will get there, but just not in a linear fashion.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

just a thought.... but watch weighing too soon after you exercise... it messes with the number. i worked out one morning before going to my WW w/i and it said I gained FOUR pounds. the next week i showed a 6 or 7 pound loss, which i knew wasn't quite right (based on my home scale and the way my clothes fit) - it was just that i had worked out before that one weigh-in.
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:12 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Quote:
but then it can all come back overnight.
Sorry..nope. It doesn't work that way. For you to gain say five lbs overnight, you'd have to eat 17,500 calories in the last few days. If you haven't done that, then you haven't gained all that weight back. It is water or something.
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:12 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

It is literally impossible to gain five pounds of fat from two pizza meals, unless you somehow consumed 70 slices (5*3500= 175000 calories) in those two sittings. A zillion things could make your weight fluctuate. Don't blame yourself or your mom or whoever; just get back on the ball and go. Us shorties have a tough time of it--it's taken me half a year to lose a grand total of 13 pounds--but when it finally comes off it'll more or less stay off.
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustrated View Post
I am not currently counting, because I make so much of my own food and can't find the time to input all of the ingredients, or the food I eat isn't in the SP database or something. I know, its all just excuses. But since I have done this before I have a general idea of when I am staying within range and when I'm going over.
When I first started I had absolutely no idea what I was doing in calorie counting. I didn't even know how to cook (some say I still don't LOL!)

It was a little hard at first but after a few weeks I have it down almost to a science. With the help of the Internet and my Weight Watcher's book and a food scale there is not a food in the world I cannot find out how many calories is in it along with fat content, sodium level etc.

It sound like to me that you don't really know how much you are taking in. The science is irrefutable. If you take in less than what you burn you will lose weight. So the first step is KNOWING (not guessing) exactly how much you are taking in.

It has been my experience and what I have read many, many times and I don't care how good of an eye a person has, MOST people always underestimate what they are measuring out or eating portions.

After a few weeks I got to where I thought I didn't need my measuring cups and spoons and what not. That is until I checked and I always had more than what I thought.

I know the body weight fluctuates a lot but I think it is theoretically impossible for someone to eat one bad meal and gain 3 or 4 pound over night it has to be that you ate a lot of sodium and you are holding in a lot of water.

I can eat something high in sodium and my hands start getting tight in 20 minutes.

Good luck in figuring out how to get back on track losing, you can do it you just gotta keep going!

Last edited by flatiron; 02-02-2009 at 11:07 AM.
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote