Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 11:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default Stay At Home Mom's #45

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support, and humor as we share our lives, as we restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!!
Please go back to SAHM #44 to catch up on what has been going on in our lives.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:59 AM   #2  

I know some of you said your computers are slow and any thread over a couple of pages are a hassle so I thought I would start the new thread.
It seems like everyone has been quiet lately. Hopefully this thread will get ambushed with posts!!!
Old 05-16-2002, 12:01 PM   #3  

I was trying to put a link in this message for SAHM #44. Hopefully it worked. Maybe I should just let the "pro" do it

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...509#post204509
Old 05-16-2002, 12:19 PM   #4  
Searching for Motivation

Talking Greetings

Hi all! I've been checking out the last couple of threads and would love to become a new friend I am currently a SAHM and have just recently learned about this site. So far, I like what I've seen and come everyday just to check out the goins-on. Everyone seems very supportive and welcoming towards each other. I think it's nice to have a group of friends to "talk" to anytime of the day or night without interrupting everyone's busy schedules. So that's it for me for now. Just thought I'd do my official check-in and say hi and can't wait to get to know you all Thanks and good luck!

Sassypie
Old 05-16-2002, 02:42 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Hiya!!!!!
Glad to see you Jackie and Spryng.......
Got an extra kooky day going on here........... so I will get back on later (hopefully).
Eating is for the birds today.........but on the brighter side, I got a nice 45 min walk in. (I would be a basket case without my walk)

Spryng- best of luck with the fishies....
Jackie- my prayers to you and your mom. Hang in there! And please remember to take your meds, ok? Get out for some sunshine (if you can) even 5 minutes in the morning might help.
I wish I could drive over and give you a hug...........so a cyber hug will have to do. We all love you lots.

Gotta go to another softball game..............
Ginny

Welcome Sassypie!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2002, 03:12 PM   #6  

Welcome sassypie!!
I hope to see your threads. We just love it when new ones join. My name is Spryng (it's really my name) I am 22 yo, been married for 4 years now and I have two beautiful children (2 and 1) that are 11 months apart. I've been dieting for almost a year solid now. I'm only 10 lbs from my goal but at the present I'm just maintaining my weight. I decided I needed a break before I work on this last 10 lbs. I've been on a ton of diets, Atkins, low calorie, low fat, fasting, slim fast, etc. Are you on a specific plan? How much weight are you trying to lose??
I can't wait to get to know you better and look forward to your next post!! So WELCOME
Old 05-16-2002, 10:22 PM   #7  
Searching for Motivation

Howdy Hope all are well. Here's my "story":

I'm 29 yo, been married for 8 years in June and have 2 beautiful girls - 6 and 4. I want to lose 40-45# before I turn 30 in Jan. I have no idea whether this is possible but I'm really gonna try. I confess that I do have a hard time motivating myself - I tend to procrastinate the workout until I'm practically rushing just to sqeeze it in. I know I have to do it so I don't know why I put it off - I guess I'm just hoping for it to magically disappear.

Anyway, I'm not on a "program" per se. I have been doing Taebo and Kathy Smith video workouts at home. Unfortunately, I can't afford, nor do I have time, to go to a gym; so I'm stuck going it alone.

I had lost 30# about 2 years ago doing the videos and everything was going really well until we moved into a new house. At that point, everything started to go downhill. I was working A LOT and had to commute approx. 1/2 hr each way. After getting the girls home, fed, bathed, put to bed, etc., etc., I was just plain wore out. I had no energy and just wanted to sleep. My husband would get home later than me so I was doing most of the "work" alone.

So, I stopped working out. Something had to give and, unfortunately, my body did. I've gained back all the weight I worked so hard to lose and now I'm starting over. I'm at the point that I just can't stand it anymore.

I recently quit my job to stay home with the youngest until school and although I still don't have a lot of time, I have enough to get in at least 30 min. That's where the videos come in handy. It's actually really funny because sometimes my 4yo will watch and start doing it with me. I guess you can never be too young!

So, that's pretty much it. I know I've written a novel but when most of my daily conversation is with a 4yo, it's nice to be able to talk uninterrupted for a change. Thanks for the welcome and talk to yall soon.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm gradually starting to feel a little better. Thanks to all of you for your concern over me. Besides being overwhelmed with everything that was going on in my life, this was a SEVERE month of PMS for me. Some months are like an avererage person with PMS, but this month was a doozer. I was so bad that I felt worthless, even with you gals. I almost confessed to one of my close friends that I was ready to check myself into a hospital for safety. Then I remembered that my Mom needed me to take her to surgery the next day & somehow, I got the strength to carry me through. (A few dear friends either prayed for me or gave me some encouraging words.) Yesterday was so much better, as the PMS subsided & was replaced with "TOM". I'll take that any day over my severe PMS months! I feel a little bit tense today, but I'm sure I can talk myself out of that mood! My eating is also gradually getting a little bit better. I even got an hour in on my recumbent bike yesterday & plan on going another hour today. This always is a great stress-reliever, so I know how important this is for me, not only for my bod, but for my mind too! I get my hair permed today, so this should help quite a bit too! Well, enough about me! Welcome, Sassypie! Are you really that sassy? I'm a SAHM to 2 children- a 13 y/o ds & a 8 y/o dd! I've been married to my DH for almost 18 yrs. (Anniversary coming up on June 23rd) We have a 8 y/o cat named "Klarabelle" & two goldfish named "Charlie & " Co Co". I presently am on the Fit For Life program since Easter & have lost a total of 16# so far. I have 30+ pounds left to lose. I lost 30+ #'s last year, but unfortunately gained most of it back & just lost the majority of it again this past month! I tried to get down to 140# by my 40th Birthday last July, but didn't manage to lose the entire amount. I got a lot of compliments on the weight that I did lose though! Oh my! I didn't realize what time it was & I still have to make breakfast for my dd & get her to school by 8:15! I'll finish later!! TTFN
Old 05-17-2002, 09:32 AM   #9  
burned out bus driver

Top of the Mornin' to you all!!!!!!!!
This has to be short today.........it is crunch time for Dd's bday party, which is tomorrow.
Sassypie- you sound like a lot of us- having a tough time getting the excercise time in with the kiddies. Tapes have bailed a lot of us out (me too!). Latisia (also posts here) is a big TaeBoer too...
As for me I walk my hoofies off! I will fill you in on my crazy life another time...I just wanted to give you a proper welcome (which I did not do the last time)

Spryng- how are you doing??????? You so sweetly welcomed Sassy but left out how you were. Everything ok?

Jackie-I am so glad that you are doing better!! (PMS is a bear, ain't it?) And if I ever hear that horse dinky about you not being good enough for us here........well I am a gonna get on my silver horse (actually in my silver Quest!) and pick up the whole gang- Spryng, Misti, Latisia (and Sassy if she will put up with us!) and sometime later show up at your door and we will all drive you crazy!!!!! (you have to know me well enough by now that there is just a wee little bit of me that is serious about this, you know...... ) Well, I wish we could do that..... it sure would be nice.

Gotta go clean this house (it is approaching semi clean). Got my 5 am walk in and now face 3 or 4 loads of wash.
Have a good one!
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 05-17-2002 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2002, 11:15 AM   #10  

Thanks Ginny for asking about me. I am doing fine. Maintaining my weight again. It's easier than I thought it would be. If the scale goes up 1 lb I just cut back a little throughout the day and it's gone by the next day. I'm a little stressed though (but who isn't) We are having some major financial problems since my DH hospital stay and can't seem to get caught up. So it looks like I may have to go back to work for a few months. Not anytime soon. We have to get a 2nd vehicle first. With my DH crazy hours I can never get a job and share one car. So as soon as we find a great deal on a used car I'll start looking around. I'm actually kinda looking forward to it and then I'm not. But the good news is it will be for only 4 months or so. Then we will have some debts paid off completely and the stress will be relieved. That's my sob story for the month
Sassypie, I admire you for getting the weight off with the majority being exercise. I have a hard time exercising. I hate hate hate it. I know I need to do it and I have a couple of very good tapes but I just don't want to pop them in. My only exercise is cleaning the house, chasing the kids, and an occasional "dance workout" to my favorite cd. But I plan on really doing more this summer. I want to start playing tennis more and when it gets hot enough I want to swim alot. So that should help.
Does anyone remember when Misty said she would be home?? I haven't heard from her in a while, nor Jen. I hope you girls are doing good and I hope Misty didn't go stir crazy at her parents house. There is a reason we all grow up and move away. But I hope she is recovering well.
Jackie I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I feel like an oddball here because many of you suffer from diagnosed depression and I've never really had it. So I feel strange when you guys are feeling down. I don't know what to do. After I had my DD I went through a post partum depression and it about killed me. I wanted to run away and never come back. It took a toll on my marriage and my life. But thankfully it didn't last long. But that's my only real depression I went through. My heart goes out to all who suffer from that from time to time. It's hard to fight your way out of. But you seem to have conquered it again Jackie!! I am here for you!!
Well ladies, I've been really lazy the past couple of days on my house and it's beginning to show so today I plan to devote the entire morning and part of the afternoon on this house and get it in good shape. My brother gets out of bootcamp this wednesday and I want to have a BBQ for him so my house needs to be cleaner. I probably won't check in until tonight. (if I can go that long.... I'm addicted) But I will try anyway.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:19 PM   #11  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Default AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Where's an icon of a little woman pulling her hair out?! I need that one!
I'll apologize in advance for being short. I am home. Did you all know dry walling was so messy!? Someone should have told me. My house is wrecked. Sooooo, I'll be away for awhile girls. When you miss me, just imagine me sitting on a bucket of drywall screws eating beans and tuna fish out of the can. Be back as soon as possible.
Old 05-17-2002, 03:17 PM   #12  
hangin' in there...

Hey gang! How goes it???

Sorry I have not been around lately. Last week, I had a terrible week just eating everything in sight... I did not have the strength to come here and admit it to all of you. I know nobody here would judge me, but I was judging myself. I'm over it now, though, and have put it behind me. I've had a good eating week this week, and am hopefully doing some damage control.

My other reason for being away was a big medical scare with dh. Last Saturday, he had a terrible headache that he just couldn't get rid of. He had it all weekend and into Monday, when I finally convinced him to go to the doc. The doc sent him to the hospital for a head ct (cat scan), where they told him he had a head bleed and were admitting him to the ICU!!! Thankfully, my mother decided to do an unselfish thing for once in her life (sorry, if that sounds bitter) and actually left work to come stay with the kids so I wouldn't have to drag them off to the hospital. When I got there, they told me that they would do an MRI on dh in the morning, but that they couldn't rule out either a bleed or a mass! He finally had the MRI at 1:30 the next afternoon, and it was normal... the radiologist ruled that the head ct was just artifact!!! So, an ICU stay and a whole lot of worry for nothing!!! But, thank goodness dh is ok and will be around for a long, long time for me to torture!!!

So, how was everyone's Mother's Day??? Feels like ages ago, doesn't it. I've peeked in on most of the posts... sounds like everyone's hanging in there. I hope everyone is having a good day today... I'll check back in soon... talk later...
Old 05-17-2002, 06:29 PM   #13  

Hi all. I wanted to let you girls know something. Today I recieved a total of 9 emails containing viruses. So first of all if you don't recognize the recipient DON'T open it at all, just delete. 2nd, if you open an email that has no message but a download screen appears cancel it and delete the message. I recievied two messages from a friend of mine. I called her first because I thought it was odd she sent me two emails with no message and a download attachment just to find out she didn't send them at all!! They had viruses attached. I don't know how they got her email address but another friend says she probably opened a file that read her system. So be VERY CAREFUL with your email. ok?? Just to let all you know, if I send you an email it will never be one with an attachement in it ok?? not one you need to download anyway. OK, that's what I needed you all to know. I didn't get infected thankfully, but so many emails with viruses in one day really shook me up. Be careful.
Old 05-17-2002, 11:52 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!
First of all Jen- I think I forgot you in my last post.............I am sorry!!!!!!! Sometimes I do this posting in such a hurry that I make bad mistakes, like forgetting a friend. Glad to see you posting again!! What a scare about Dh! But great news that he is ok and that it was all a big scare. Don't worry about sounding bitter about your mom- hey we all have our gripes in one way or another and this is a safe place to vent. (better to vent here than stress eat!). I hope that your dammage control is going well....... Don't be hard on yourself! We all mess up sometimes (and me more than others ).

Spryng- glad that you are doing ok. Sorry to hear about your finances, but I hear ya about working. Sometimes it is nice to have someplace to go for a few hours to do something different than clean house and change diapers. Any idea what you might do?

Misti- my sympathies, girl!! We just finished painting- and in the process Dh decided to retape all the sheet rock which means lots and lots of dust. And the darn stuff is so invasive- I always figure it takes two full vacuuming sessions to get it all. So, I will think of you on that can of drywall screws (hey the wall compound comes in a great bucket to sit on too!!!!!!!! ) Happy cleaning.

Well, this evening was Dd's spring concert. It was long, but nice.
The bad part was having to put up wit Dd before and on the way there- she was in an awful, awful mood. What a crab!!!!

Tomorrow is her party.........I hope that we pull off the surprise........
Gotta get some sleep.
Have a great nite and weekend!
Ginny
Old 05-17-2002, 11:53 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Oh, and Spryng, thanks for the virus warning!
Ginny
Closed Thread