Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #16  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I'm usually okay but today I ate a half bag of chips. Ugh. I was just so hungry!!!

Water, gum and fruit usually help me, though.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #17  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

I ask myself if it is my stomach that is hungry or my heart. If I am genuinely hungry I eat something OP. I keep good healthy snacks on hand at all times. Baby carrots, salad fixings, low fat string cheese, raisins, walnuts, Kozy Shack 1pt puddings (I do WW), yogurt, 100 calorie granola bars.

I am not "stomach" hungry then I am "heart" hungry and that means it is my emotional eating issue that is coming into play. I ask myself..."What do I really want right now. What am I feeling." I journal, I call a friend, I play with my dog or to distract myself, I empty the dishwasher or start a load of wash. If I am STILL feeling snackish, I acknowledge that I am having an emotional eating moment and then carefully pick a snack food that fits into my OP foods.

I do not keep trigger foods for me at my home any longer. The kids don't need Oreos or Doritoes any more than I do. I am careful to not fall into a binge when I am dealing with emotional eating so atleast my emotional eating is controlled. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Michelle98272; 01-29-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #18  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

GUM! oh my goodness... I have so many packs of gum around my house, in my car, in my purse.... thre are like a MILLION different kinds to choose from so it almost feels like a snack.

Or altoids, pop a couple and cruch them, the blast of mint really takes the edge off wanting to eat.

Or i chug 8-16oz of water. I know it sound rediculous but I keep a bottle at room temp (it doesn't go down as easy ice-cold) and just drink it fast. Sometimes it makes me feel not hungry at all!

Or a combo of all three.. haha whatever works!
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumifan4ever View Post
Frieden...yes...my name comes from my favorite couple on Days. Sami and Lucas. I just love them. And the fact that i got to meet them in person...just makes it that much more special to me. I've been watching Days since i was probably in diapers. My grandmother watched it all the time.
You met the actors? What a nice memory. I've heard that Bryan Dattilo is very funny in person. I've never met any of them but have watched for years.
frieden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Projects, I'm painting the powder room right now, next is my son's room etc. Hopefully I'll lose the weight before I have the entire house painted!
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #21  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I chew gum....I chug water....I play computer games...I MySpace AND Facebook....anything to take my mind elsewhere!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

I keep reviewing the end result in my head... I'd much rather be walking around in cute little clothes @ 130 lbs than eating whatever it is I might want to eat that any given moment. That is really the only thing that stops me from over eating or eating things I know I shouldn't....
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

I am in the camp of if it's not in the house I won't be tempted.

Also I always keep a bunch of 10 calorie sugarfree jello's around and 20 calories sugarfree popcicles in the freezer along with some fruit.

I also know that a hunger pang or munchie urge only lasts about 10-15 minutes for me and if I drink a glass of water and wait 15 minutes I know the urge will pass.

Another trick I learned online that works for me if I am having a full blown hunger pang I will heat up some of that broth that comes in a carton and drink it down until I am full, it is only like 20 cals per serving and it tricks my stomach into thinking it is full until it is time for my next meal which is basically every 4 or 5 hours.
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #24  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle98272 View Post
I ask myself if it is my stomach that is hungry or my heart. If I am genuinely hungry I eat something OP. I keep good healthy snacks on hand at all times. Baby carrots, salad fixings, low fat string cheese, raisins, walnuts, Kozy Shack 1pt puddings (I do WW), yogurt, 100 calorie granola bars.
I like your distintion between "stomach hungry" and "heart hungry." I'll try to remember that!

When I am hungry, I let myself eat. But what I eat has to be real food. For instance, the other day there were a bunch of big (free!) candy bars on the break room table at work. They were calling my name and I was a little hungry (not much), but I reminded myself, "Those are not food." So I had a teeny little square of the chocolate and then ate my yogurt for a snack. Because I was hungry, and yogurt is food.

In these beginning days, I have to really limit my own access to things like potato chips and sweets. Later, I'll be a little better about being able to ration them but for now, I need to keep reminding myself that I can eat, but what I eat must be food. Potato chips are NOT food, they are junk. (To me).
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #25  

Height: 6'2

If I can't resist, I try to make it mainly healthy. What I do, since I LOVE peanut butter, is take an apple or banana and slice it up, then spread a small amount of pb on the fruit. Not exactly healthy, but its not a candy bar.
luvtolose728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 273/232/140

Height: 5'4

I have been eating soy beans... They are called Edumume (sp???) They come in a pod, you have to pop em open, keeps hands, and mouth busy!! Also, they are a great source of protein.
Candi23 is offline   Reply With Quote