Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #31  

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by recidivist View Post
It's kinda like walking a tightrope, isn't it?
It sure is. I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you lose more on more calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinku View Post
I'm 100 % sure that in no way I go beyond my 2000 cals quota..I count every morsel I put in my mouth and weigh most of the things before eating. I even log my food daily in my fitday software and it shows my cals to be around 1700/1800 while I do add another 200 to this value to make sure I balance out any underestimated value.

Sure I'm little desperate at this point..it may be even losing 1 lbs in a month but I want to see some kind of progress here.
So really, if you're loggin everything you eat, you are eating about 1800 calories a day. I have very little expertise, but it seems like your metabolism may be getting too efficient -- it's on to your plan and has adjusted accordingly. I wouldn't necessarily call that starvation response, but it does seem like you're building a lot of muscle with too few calories. What about calorie cycling? I wonder if increasing your calories a few days a week might help bust your plateau? Or varying the number of calories by a few hundred instead of eating the exact same number each day. Or maybe take two days off from working out, instead of one?

Whatever you do, hang in there, you may not be losing pounds but you are gaining HEALTH!!!

Last edited by thinpossible; 01-24-2009 at 09:00 AM.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #32  
Transforming

S/C/G: 228/184/164

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Susan,

I take around 1800 - 2000 and my BodyBugg shows I burn around 3300/3800.
rinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

What about percentages? Protein, carb, fat?

Nosy, aren't I?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #34  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Were you ever actually tested for hypothyroid or insulin resistance? Some folks don't experience all or any of the typical symptoms except difficulty losing weight.

Your metabolism is obviously lower than BodyBugg's estimation, but the why may not be so easy to determine, and ruling out medical causes would probably be the first place to start (if you haven't already).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote