Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S 225 / C 192 / G 140

Height: 5'8"

Default Frustrated with no initial results - help!

I need some help - I'm in a rut already and getting frustrated with no movement on the scale. I started working out on January 12th and have been eating 1300 calories everyday (no junk food, lots of fruits and veggies, lean poultry and lots of water) and working out 70 min five days a week so far with cardio and I just started up with weights a few days a week.

I know I'm not many days into this but the first few days I lost a lb or so but now I have gained that back and I figured I might've lost a lb or two with as much as I weigh over 10 days. I've never encountered this problem so early in the weight loss process with other attempts.

Anyone else have this problem? I see other people on here losing 2 or 3 lbs a week but not losing weight and pretty much staying the same is hard for me to stay motivated. Can anyone else relate or did anyone else take a while to get over an initial hump once they started?
healthierme78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #2  

I see you aren't eating enough for your current weight and level of exercise. You need to eat more like 1600-1800 calories or you will be going into starvation mode and it will be more difficult to lose weight. Healthy weight loss is no more than 2 pounds a week and most people are between 1 and 2.

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 01-20-2009 at 09:49 PM.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #3  

Thanks for the tip QuilterinVA. I'm burning about 400 calories working (since I'm still getting adjusted to it), so how many calories do you think I should be eating for maximum weight loss? Do you know of a formula to help? Should I be eating 400 calories + 1300? I saw on here so many people eating 1300 calories so I figured that's about what I should have for weight loss. Can you shed some more light?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #4  
Transforming

S/C/G: 228/184/164

Height: 5' 7"

Hellooooo ! Its been only a week when you started the process..give your body some time before you can actually start seeing some progress. I would not get disappointed had I've tried for atleast a month with a diet & my exercise routine and still no progress would show up.

Also remember that the speed of weightloss is different for everybody, I have seen some people losing as much as 8 lbs in a week while starting while I didn't actually lost anything for the first two weeks and later I only lost at a rate of 2/2.5 lbs for the first few months and it gradually become slower. Don't give up so early...its a long journey and few speed breakers should not slow you down
rinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #5  

Default Thanks

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Rinku and advice, QuilterinVA