Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #31  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I f serving is a all the cookies in the plastic portion thingy or a full sleeve, then I'm good. not so much on labeled portion size....
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'5"

There has got to be a better way to raise funds!!! (When I was in Polish Girl Scouts we had a yearly bazaar where all the scout troops would gather in the scouting center and sell hand-made jewelry [it was actually pretty cool], and other hand-made items [different every year] along with Polish food [borscht is not too bad calorie wise and very yummy] and we made a ton of money.) Those cookies are completely addictive!

My twin cousins are brownies so I had to buy two boxes (couldn't slight either one of them) of my favorites Peanut Butter Patties (or whatever they're called now). My goal is to limit myself to 1 cookie per day - that's going to be a toughie.
paniania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #33  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Last year they had the option of donating them to the troops. I like that option. I hope they do it again this year!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #34  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

I love the subject line for this thread!!! Referencing "The Devil Wears Prada" I see!

Personally, I never tasted too many of the cookie varieties and mainly stuck with the thin mints. They are very good though. And I hear you guys about foods that you can't be trusted with. I have my list of foods I abuse if left around the house, luckily Girl Scout Cookies isn't on that list. Phew! Good luck to everyone who does though!!! Stay strong!!!
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

They've gotten so expensive that I don't buy them anymore, but I used to like them when I was younger---I was thinking you were going to say Valentine Candy, as the stores are full of it now and I just have to walk by quickly!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #36  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

TADPOLE IN A HOLE

It was a dish that my daughter and I made for the family, out of a childrens cookbook, for a merit badge! It was little sausages and corn in corn bread mix. I found a recipe on the internet...see picture below!

I talked with her tonight about it as she was driving home from work, she said her favorite dish we made back then was HOT DOG IT'S MACARONI!....I think you can get the recipe from the title

BEST OF ALL.....the time I spent with my daughter!!!!!!!!!!!! the food?....just the BEST EVER!!!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-03-2010 at 05:48 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #37  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Default Caramel Delights vs. Samoas

I was told the naming change depends on what region you live in. My husband and I moved during cookie season and in the "big" city they were called the PC Caramel Delights and in the smaller city they were still packed as Samoas. Very strange....

My husband still swears the new ones tasted different and not as good. The good thing is if we buy a box I can eat one and don't have the worry about the rest because my husband will DEVOUR them. His gain my loss.

We don't touch Thin Mints in this house as the combination of chocolate and mint makes my husband gag something fierce.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I swatted away the GS at the grocery score this past weekend. I know there's more coming, though.

Those thin mints kill me. And since you can eat them straight from the freezer, I feel like there's nowhere to hide. They aren't crossing our threshold this year.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 PM   #39  
Workin' It

I had never had a Samoa until last year. Of course I know love them. I knew there was a reason I avoided them... I have always loved the Thin Mints and the Peanut Butter Patties. Just dated myself - they were PBP when I sold cookies, I guess they are Tagalongs now?

I didn't buy a single box last year... When I changed jobs I lost my cookie hookup... She found me the first year, but last year I had changed my number. Not that I changed my cell number to avoid the cookie sale, no, never...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #40  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

I will NOT buy thin mints
I will NOT buy dosi do's
I will NOT buy tagalongs
I will NOT buy trefoils

Oh how i LOVE girl scout cookies.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:56 PM   #41  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Ack! *hiding* Frozen thin mints could be my undoing lol
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #42  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Thanks for the recipe, EZMONEY! All we ever did was "Fiji Island Treat," which was a revolting (in retrospect) mix of sliced bananas and loose shredded coconut, all stirred together in a paper cup and drizzled with honey. And people wonder where I got my atrocious eating habits. LOL OH and we had bologna sandwiches and chips a lot, too.

My scout troop always had a different scout's mother provide the snack for every meeting, and all the other girls' mothers always brought cute little frosted cookies or cupcakes from the bakery, so of course MY mother had to make me take fruit whenever it was her turn. I understand what she was trying to do, and applaud that, but oh, the humiliation of having to explain to all these girls (who already thought I was a freak because I was homeschooled and didn't go to school with them) that instead of a fancy, pretty confection-type treat, we were having kiwi and uglifruit.

I'm glad this thread is here; this is way cheaper than therapy.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #43  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

And now, Girl Scout Cookie Trivia:

There are TWO bakeries that are authorized to produce girl scout cookies. Each one names some cookies differently (like Caramel deLites vs Samoas), has a slightly different recipe, etc. Even the nutrition facts can vary a bit between two boxes of thin mints from the two separate suppliers. Which supplier a troop uses is up to that troop's regional management, though most pick the one closest to them (which is why it appears to be regional). The two bakeries both have different "specialty" flavors outside of the basics ones required by Girl Scouts. One has a sugar free chocolate chip, and the other, this year, is releasing a 100 calorie pack of a daisy-shaped cookie.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 275/142/150

Height: 5'11"

peanut butter patties.......so hard to say no when your friends little blonde 6 year old neice asks you with those big blue eyes...aw **** gimme 4 boxes each.
jessisaokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #45  

By living in England I am really missing out here?

How does the Girl Scout Cookie thing work..do they make them and sell them, or do the scouts get sent them to distribute?

am curious!
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote