Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #1  
Excited!

S/C/G: 260/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'2''

Default Oh no...

I've been doing so good... this past week (my official starting week of this new diet) I started at 179 and have made it down to 174... I work at a coffeehouse surrounded by good food (none of which is good for you) and I gave in and ate an enormous chocolate chip cookie. I feel like I've just wasted a week and that i'm going to gain 30 pounds... I know i'm sounding pathetic but I feel like if I can't control a simple urge then how am i going to make it for the next few months? This is only week one!
onic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #2  
No description available.

Well, the rest of your life is going to be full of chocolate chip cookies, vacations, holidays, etc., and missteps are part of life. Depending on the cookie, it may have been, what, 500 calories? So 1/7 of a pound of fat? That won't undo everything you have done this week, unless you decide to give up or that persistence is futile.

I found success this time ONLY by kicking the perfectionist mentality to the curb. This is a journey for the rest of your life and I hope that is for a very long time.

Get back on plan. Eat how you planned. Exercise how you planned. No crazy punitive measures. This is for the long haul. One cookie in the grand scheme of things is a blip, unless you use it as an excuse to drop your plan for longer than one snack.

Last edited by midwife; 01-10-2009 at 11:28 AM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #3  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Don't let one cookie turn into a few day eating binge.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #4  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

everybody has slip ups from time to time. If it helps, consider planning for one splurge a week. Save up 40 calories a day and once a week go and have a cookie or a small sundae... something to reward yourself for staying on plan all week. Just don't let this discourage you. Just keep on going!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think most of us understand exactly how you feel. I had that happen the other day when I ate a lunch that I hadn't picked out and it was HUNDREDS more calories than I realized.

Learn from it. See if you can figure out why you did it and how NOT to do it later.

And accept that it's DONE. Get right back on track!!! Otherwise you really will ruin a week's work, or more!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

One cookie isn't a big enough deal to throw you're whole plan out the window.

Get back in the wagon and keep on a goin!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #7  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

Just a cookie? Go on girl !! Take a loooong walk to make yourself feel better about the cookie. Keep on track the rest of the day and move on. Stop beating yourself up about it. Focus on the good, not the bad. I agree about not completely restricting yourself from foods you like. Now, on the other hand, if that cookie is a "trigger food", you know, something that is going to trigger you into having another and another, then stay away from that food.

I just found out last night, that a trigger food for me is my homemade macaroni and cheese that my kids love. I ate a bite, then another and found myself almost starting to shovel the food into my mouth. I stopped, stepped away from the bowl and drank a big glass of water. *whew* Damage control.
luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #8  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

One cookies won't hurt.

You didn't waste your week. My first meeting of WW this week ended with me finishing the day with lovely chocolate truffles and way too much for dinner. Did I get disappointed or feel like I wasted my money going to WW that day? No. Cause there is always tomorrow to try again. There is tonight to try again and there is the next hour to chose water of pop. Your life is full of choices. Make most of them great choices. You didn't waste your week.

Trust me, even with that one cookie, you may have lost. That Tuesday hasn't kept me from losing a (unofficial) 5 pounds. ^_^
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #9  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

When I have slip ups like that (Whopper yesterday!!! Yikes ) I just make sure to work out a bit extra and stay on plan. It must be working b/c as of this morning I've lost 3 pounds since the 1st.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote