Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default murder on butt & thighs

UGH--

Yesterday, I made good on my new year's pledge to include pilates into my exercise routine. MANNN.... my butt is just about dead today... which is kind of a little funny considering I have a *ahem* curvy bum

I tried doing pilates for the stomach today, and my legs just couldn't do it (some of the exercises on the mari winsor dvd for the abs required some thigh participation, and my lower half said, "you even think of messing with me on pilates tonight and I'll MAKE sure you don't go on the treadmill...."

I still did a kick-*** walking session afterward since this week I notched up my aerobic time on the treadmill by an additional 5 minutes and progressed up to 4.2 mph by the end of the session on a steep incline!

Methinks I'll hold off on pilates for the stomach until my leg muscles get used to mari winsor's pilates for the buns & thighs (should be by next week or so)! Last thing I want to do is hobble around in pain at work and at home!

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 01-07-2009 at 12:55 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/232/145

Height: 5'5

I was just reading the latest post because I'm new and still trying to figure this thing out- anyway, I just wanted to say it sounds like you are extremely motivated and I'm just wondering how you get yourself into that point of motivation?
Amy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Isn't it crazy how much something your body isn't used to will just WHIP you? Great job on sticking with it!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Amy25--

Actually, it's not exactly that difficult (nowadays, that is). You see, I originally started my weight loss journey over a year and a half ago when I had my gallbladder removed as a result of gallstones due to morbid obesity.

By going on a sensible, healthy caloric diet and walking for about 6 days a week for 45 minutes (not counting warm up/cool down), I lost 101 lbs between 7-8 months.

I wasn't prepared for that drastic of a weight loss and the compliments that came with it. Around that same time, I had some additional minor surgery that helped fuel my low-grade depression and prompted me to go off the wagon and gain about half of my weight back.

Then after a 8-month "off the wagon/food binge" during the end of the summer/beginning of fall of 2008, I took some time to do some real introspective understanding about myself and my food compulsion. I found an eating plan/program that worked for me after eliminating my trigger foods (read: starchy/flour & sugar products) and simply got back on the wagon.

I still have great difficulty accepting compliments from people (aside from close friends and of course everyone on this forum ). I had a year or so to be "thin" and "fat" again so I'm more prepared as to understand and expect how to feel/be/move at 195 lbs.

Plus, it helps when the scale says ur very close to being under 200 lbs! My next 2 big goals are obviously reaching the BMI weight that says I'm officially no longer overweight & of course then my target goal weight after that (still within the BMI range as well, of course ).

Does this help?

Mandalinn82- thanks for your positive and lovely comments (both here and in my "Onderland" announcement)!

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 01-07-2009 at 01:15 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote