Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Weird things can happen. Last week I had 4 days of:
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #17  
Workin' It

Evince - I don't know the specific name brand of your scale, but if it is like mine and does water % and body fat % you have to put bare feet on the metal contact points to get it to weight anything. So, weigh yourself, then grab the free weights that Nightingale Shane mentioned and weigh yourself again, see what happens.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #18  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I think too if you are finding it only weighs humans, does it give another number afterward? is it a body fat scale as well? These run a little electical current to measure body fat. But mine works either way.
I do encourage you to increase calories, (even by taking one or two fish oil capsules a day) to help you lose weight better.
Give yourself a metabolic kick!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:02 AM   #19  

I think it isn't the scale, I might be retaining water... I can only suspect that it's because my body's holding onto every ounce of food it's getting because I'm only getting 1000 cals a day. What do you all think?
evince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:32 AM   #20  
Empress/Queen

I think you are right about that, evince.

Don't be afraid to add calories. You have to eat enough to fuel your workouts and daily activities or, yes, your body is going to bonk and not only will you not be able to achieve your weight goals, you'll feel terrible.

Just maybe add a couple hundred at a time to see how it goes.

And, yea, it probably is not the scale. Scales are pretty accurate these days.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:43 AM   #21  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

It sounds like your body is in self preservation (ie starvation) mode. It is saving every calorie you put into it because you aren't getting enough to run your body.

I don't know what your 1000 calories consist of, but if they are healthy food options, just try upping that. Such as if you're only eating 1/2 a sandwich for lunch eat a whole one. Add in an apple. You cannot progress on 1000 calories and I bet working out is exhausting because you don't have the energy needed for it.

Up your calories, drink plenty of water and see how it goes for a few days. I wouldn't stress over the weight gain thing because you are already "gaining" with what you are doing now. I bet the scale will go down in a few days after you get some more fuel in that tank of yours!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 8"

I used to have an electronic scale that used to say a different number EVER SINGLE time I stepped on it. It didn't matter if it was 1 second between attemts, it was always different. Once it even said I weighted .5 lbs more after I used the bathroom!! How is that possible!? I finally got so f-ing sick of the thing I threw it way and got an old fashion scale with the needle. That one works great for me.
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:54 AM   #23  

I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who replied.
Eating has been a struggle for me my entire life, I was overweight for so long that keeping the weight down has become such a major part of my life. I know that logically it's not good to be eating this little calories and that it must be my body's repsonse to re-fueling (as I used to consume much less). I just hope that somehow I'll get out of this... wish me luck
evince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #24  
Empress/Queen

You'll get it handled, evince! You have a great attitude and that's better than luck!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 179/150/140

Height: 5'7

Even for short people, 1000 calories is really low. I was on 1,200 calories for awhile, lost a bunch of weight, then just stopped. I tried eating less, exercising more.. the ONLY thing that got the scale to move down was when I started eating around 1500-1600 a day. There have been several other 3fc members that have experienced this as well, not eating enough can slow your metabolism and cause you to gain weight!

Also, what you eat the night before can effect the scale. If I eat anything carb-heavy or dairy, even several hours before bed, I always weight 1-2lbs more than I did the other day. The next day my weight is back to normal.
Hypra is offline   Reply With Quote