Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:02 AM   #16  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm joining in. I have to get my snacking under control.

Chocolate chips are OUT.
Nuts are OUT.
Ginger Chews candies are OUT.
Mona's Granola is OUT.

Tasty, better choices are IN. I know what they are, I have them stocked up.

Walking in the morning is IN.
Gym in the afternoon is IN.
Screw the workload!

I have to report for jury duty on Monday, and one cannot wear jeans. I do want to fit into my dress pants!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Friday couldv'e been better.

Cherries. Blackberries. Grapes.

I cannot believe I found cherries in mid-December for $1.99 a lb. And they were pretty decent. And I ate a LOT of them.

The blackberries were 79 cents. Ate them too.

And the grapes. Oh my. Sugar sugar sugar sweet. And I ate them too. Waaay more then I should have.

I know. I know. It could have been a lot worse, but it could have been a lot better too. Not beating myself up. It's over with.

And so are grapes for me. Not one grape today will pass this mouth today. Not a one.

Neither will a cherry or a blackberry - cause they're ain't none left.

I've got today planned out. Tonight's party is late. No need for me to eat a thing there, because more then likely I won't be hungry. Nevertheless, that's not realistic. I will not have anything carb-y. That's my vow. Hoping there will be some fruit (no grapes) or could I possibly strike gold and there will be a veggie platter? Seltzer or diet coke. I will dance my @$$ off instead of eat.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/162/130

Height: 5'6

this weekend i have three small but important goals:
1. say no to fast food (only salads are allowed)
2. no caffeine
3. no candy or cookies, brownies, cakes, etc. just no sweets

this will be my start back on the right track since the last few weeks and weekends i've been eating everything in sight. thanks for the thread, this will get me going!
figureskater546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

We had an ice storm Thursday night into Friday that knocked down trees and power lines. So, we were in complete darkness all day yesterday. I did the best I could last night.....we lost power for over 25 hours and it was so hard not to just eat everything in the cupboards since there was nothing else to do!!! My dad made a fire because it was freezing in the house and we just sat in front of it, drinking alcohol, for pretty much the entire night!

The worst part was that the houses two houses down from us had power but from my next door neighbor's up to the end of the street was pitch black.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Going good so far with food. Had a good weigh-in, and that always makes it easier for me to make better choices.

But ... I slept in again instead of getting up to work out This has gotten to be a habit this past month (just on the weekends). I've got to get my workout in later today. And get up tomorrow to workout for breakfast. Either that, or figure out a new plan for weekends, if that is what will suit me better now. It's just the repeated plan-skipping that's wearing on me. Not sure which way I need to go - back on plan or tweak plan. Well, as long as I figure that out by next weekend!

Chele, that's no fun at all!

figureskater, I made a similar plan to avoid any sweets until Christmas. I've slipped up a few times. I say slipped, because it wasn't even like I decided to go on and have some anyway. I just didn't remember my plan until after I ate!

rockinrobin, at least you got a big dose of antioxidants

JayEll & SusanB, I'm seeing a theme here. It's the snacks doing everybody in more than the meals
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:35 PM   #21  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey everybody. Julie, yeah, the snaaaaacks!!!!

But I am doing good so far. I had breakfast--a smoothie with 1% milk, 1 egg, and some strawberries I froze last spring. I went for a 40-minute walk. Snack was 1 clementine. Lunch was a chicken primavera Lean Cuisine with a salad and 1 TBSP light balsamic dressing and 6 green olives in the salad. In about an hour I'm going to have some cheese with a couple of crackers and head to the gym.

Jay
Old 12-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #22  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

ya know ladies, im so incredibly hungry today.... ive eaten dinner, and im STILL hungry.

ive eaten easily 300 cals over today from shear painfully hungry tummy feelings...

does anyone else get those days?
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula View Post
ya know ladies, im so incredibly hungry today.... ive eaten dinner, and im STILL hungry.

ive eaten easily 300 cals over today from shear painfully hungry tummy feelings...

does anyone else get those days?
I sure do! Related to TOM. I do eat more, I just don't believe in torturing myself. But I also remember that on those days I will still be hungry even after eating a double meal, so ... I don't eat the double meal
Old 12-14-2008, 07:35 AM   #24  
3 + years maintaining

Did very well at the party. Avoided some pretty crazy temptation. I probably had a few too many cashews though, of all things.

But, and this is a biggie. When I got home, which has happened to me in the past, I hit the stupid cereal box. Why oh why do I do that ? Oh - because I'm a dope. I had about a serving and a half.

Today? Looking forward to sticking to it - completely. Grrrrr.........

Cereal is the .
Old 12-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I did OK yesterday. I kept forgetting things so I walked up town three times. Food was not good choices but I certainly did NOT eat the amounts that I used to.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #26  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I kept with my list! Ate my better choices for snacks, did the walk, did the gym. Yay me!

More of same today!

rockinrobin, if I get going on nuts... there's no stopping.

What happens when you get home, rockinrobin? Does it have to do with being wound up from the partying, maybe feeling like the pressure is off?

I wonder because I have the same weakness for late-night cereal... have avoided it lately, though.

Jay
Old 12-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #27  
3 + years maintaining

Jay, I'm thrilled to hear you adhered to your list! Atta girl.

Quote:
rockinrobin, if I get going on nuts... there's no stopping.
I did okay with the nuts. Had somewhere between 15 & 20 of them. Not so terrible. I had baby carrots and seltzer and diet coke. I was really okay there.

Quote:
What happens when you get home, rockinrobin? Does it have to do with being wound up from the partying, maybe feeling like the pressure is off?
Hmmm. Good question. Thank you for asking. I think it may be that I'm so relieved and maybe even proud of myself (strange terminology) that I didn't overdo it, that it allows me to have "something" that's a bit "off". Yeah, that's most likely it. But now that I think of it, when I HAVE overdone it at a function, I've been known to still partake in some kind of snack when I get home. Maybe I am wound up. Maybe I'm using food to calm me down. Heck, I don't know.

Quote:
I wonder because I have the same weakness for late-night cereal... have avoided it lately, though.
Now the cereal has been another issue all together. That I've been hitting, though it was better this past week, regardless of where I've been and what I've done. I wish I could ban it from my home, but I can't. I have perfectly "normal" children who eat it and stop at one serving and then don't look at it again til the next morning. And they say being overweight has to do with genetics, ha .

Anyway, me thinks it's time to set myself some strict, STRICT rules about any other cereal then Fiber One. Setting some rules - and then of course STICKING with it.

Today has been POP so far. It's not even 2 PM yet, but yeah, so far - POP.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 AM   #28  

Mostly made it through OK. Food, eh. I ate out twice and had a frozen dinner tonight and one for lunch tomorrow, all due to laziness. Nothing was baaad, but not great. Didn't exercise! But I will be running in the morning However, I did salvage - I made dinner plans for the week and did my grocery shopping AND I did a bunch of prep stuff tonight.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:20 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 195/162/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post

figureskater, I made a similar plan to avoid any sweets until Christmas. I've slipped up a few times. I say slipped, because it wasn't even like I decided to go on and have some anyway. I just didn't remember my plan until after I ate!
i have the same problem...mindless eating. sometimes i get so used to putting anything i see in my mouth that i forget about a new diet or rule when i start one. hope are you still sticking to it overall though, thats a great plan.

this weekend i did ok but not great. i got stuck at my moms house for two days because of snow and ice on the roads, and she doesn't have the healthiest eating options at her place. i slipped up and ate 3 small peices of frozen pizza and had some of my boyfriends chocolate chip ice cream. other than that i stayed on my weekend plan. since this is my first weekend back on the bandwagon, i'll call it a mini success that needs improvement.

Last edited by figureskater546; 12-16-2008 at 05:23 AM.
figureskater546 is offline   Reply With Quote