Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #16  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks for all your advice. I'm not the type to get stupid wasted, I'm a good buzz type person. I don't want to dip into the chips and whatnot because I know myself and it's addictive. If I have some chips at the party I'm going to crave it for a long time, and it's been more than 3 weeks that I haven't touched any junk food. I'm going to stick to my guns. But I'm telling myself right now that If I do happen to dip into the chips I'm not going to feel guilty about it because like you said, it is a party. I'll just pick up where I left off before. You guys are really great at the advice stuff. And I like how everyone comes at it with different angles because it really helps me go through my options
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #17  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default drinking at parties

Yes it is that time of year. I can go without drinking, which seems to help my husband with his drinking.
But I can't go where all the snacks are bad for me.
This year I promise not to park myself at the food table and graze all night.
I also have to have something to do. If there is dancing thats great. I need cards so I can play euchre or cribbage if not.
Also, having music to play, singing etc is good, cause it keeps my hands busy, and I don't think about eating.
what kind of partying will you be doing?
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

I went to a Halloween party, my first party on a diet. I had some Michelob Ultra Raspberry Pomegrante beer. I am not a beer person but it was really good. It was 101 calories per bottle but I had saved some of my calories for drinks.

I agree with bringing a fruit or veggie tray. Its a good idea for you and the hostess will appreciate it!!

Good luck!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #19  
Mentally ready

I already got my veggie tray ready with some low fat or no fat (can't remember which) sour cream and onion soup mix dip! I'm going to go buy a bottle of wine and just enjoy my night.

It's not a huge party per say. More of a get together of friends (at least 7 of us) but from my experience (we all smoke pot socially) they're going to have mad munchies around.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #20  
Madeleine

Default munchies

I remember the munchies, they were part of my early binges, but now I don't need the drugs to get me to binge
Seriously, I could hoover up an entire refrigerator of food, and half my freezer when I did pot.
I don't miss it much, (gave it up for other reasons) but that would seriously undo my 18 day binge free status.
Although its different now. I used to smoke, get hungry, horny and sleepy, but have time to enjoy the first 2 things, now I just fall asleep quickly, but with food in hand......

Good luck ACE, I don't think I could smoke and not eat ALOT of junk.
fatmad
Old 11-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #21  

Height: 5'9"

I'm a beer kind of girl. Molson Canadian. I have no idea how many calories a beer is, but I honestly don't care. Have fun!

I don't get munchies, Just pasties. It evens itself out

Last edited by luvja; 11-14-2008 at 06:35 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:38 AM   #22  
Mentally ready

OKAY!! I just got back from the party!!! I will have you know that I only drank the one bottle of wine i got for me. I smoked some pot, and didn't touch any of the chips!!!!! They had two bowls filled with chips and I didn't eat one!!! I forgot the tray of veggies at home unfortunately! But now I'm home and hammered and I'm just eating some veggies and then hitting the sack. I ****ing made it without breaking!!! This is a super big achievement for me!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #23  
Madeleine

good for you ACE, that's a great achievement. If you can do that, you can do anything at all.
Its movie night here at home, I am going to pop up some orville redenbachers smart pop. Nice and light. Very low fat. With a splenda gingerale!
keep away from the chips, cheezies etc.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #24  
Mentally ready

Thanks fatmad