Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 11:49 PM   #76  

hi ter

If you want to start walking to lose weight Start out by taking a 10 to 15 minute walk and work your self up. I also love to eat and my problem was i would eat a candy bar or something like that when i was hungry. now i much on veggies and fruits in between meals. I have been on my diet since the beggining of march and have lost 9 lbs. Just set your mind to it and you can do it. You have come to the right place everyone seems to be really nice and supportive here and we will all help you through it. Good luck....

have a wonderfulday

sweetpea
Old 05-10-2002, 05:37 AM   #77  
determined chick!

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone. This week I stayed at the same weight- I am however recording a 1 in. loss in my waist. I just wish I had seen a pound or two go to. It is my TOM so maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe I need to beef up my exercises. I'm glad everyone is doing so well. ThinLizzie WOW getting into a size 10 must have been Heaven!! That's so great!! You are an inspiration to us all. Take care everyone.
Old 05-10-2002, 05:43 AM   #78  
determined chick!

Default Hi Ter

Hi Ter- All of SweetPea's suggestions sound great. That's basically what I've done too. I gave up sugar and am doing lowfat. I do resistance exercises and a stationary bike. I've lost 34 pounds so far. I have the hardest time staying motivated to exercise, so I found if I slip a good tape into my walkman something really upbeat it keeps me motivated while I'm exercising and seems to pass the time quicker. I hope you find something that will work with you. Welcome to the group
Old 05-10-2002, 07:28 AM   #79  

Angry

Good Morning...
WELCOME TER ! This is a good place to get started losing weight, and you will find plenty of ideas AND motivation.

You will have to find a plan for YOU, we are probably on all kinds of diff.programs here. I started w/ Weight Watchers and am now on my own, but did best w/a twist on the ww program. I too cut out alot of simples sugars and white flour when possible. I cannot do it fully, but i do it to eat healthier. You can just get a good calorie counting book , it amounts to the same as counting "points" like we do in ww. Buy more veggies and try new recipes. That helped me. 3fc site has tons of good recipes all categorized for ya. And of course adding some kind of exercise program is a must. I mostly walk and do some toning (using weights) ex. It gets addicting. Esp. the walking, and once you get some results, you'll be hooked too! So read alot, surf the web, and pick some kind of plan, and we are there for ya girl! Come back and post please!

Grizz, SweetPea,Gen, Ema thanks for the well wishes...talk to ya tonite. Hi to all the other great chicks...keep strong and to your plans!
thinlizzie
Old 05-10-2002, 08:48 AM   #80  

Angry Welcome Ter

Hi Ter,
Well you've come to a great place here Everyone here including myself needs to lose a few or alot, we all need to move constantly to burn some of those fat calories our body loves to hold on to! First you need to decide which type are you? I wrote a long post yesterday about an article I read titled (Which Type Are You?) #1 Those that make things happen#2 Those who watch things happen#3 Those who dont have a clue of what's going on.
Only you can make things happen. I know 20 lbs seems like a whole lot of weight but you can do this for sure! I didnt want to start because I had between 60-70 pounds total that I had to lose. I thought the road was too long for me. But if I wouldnt have started I wouldnt be here today writing to you. What programs have you tried? If you dont like being given a strict menu of what you must eat then Iwould suggest trying Weight Watchers. Almost everyone I know is doing WW program. You eat real food and almost every kind of food you can think of. The key is finding healthier ingredients to add to your meals and right portions. This week I had many meals that you would think would not help me lose a pound! But instead of using regular oil I use the nonstick spray or a little olive oil for an entire dish. What you put in your mouth is 50% of your battle, the other 50% is the dreaded word "exercise!" IF you dont like to jog, or do aerobic tapes or go to a gym then I suggest my favorite exercise of all(walking) Start with a 30 min brisk walk, walk like if you gotta go pee lol. I walk 6 days a week now 1hr-90 min each time. But this is after 3 months of walking. If you'd like a list of foods to help start you out ,you can email me at : [email protected]

you can do this!
Gen
Old 05-10-2002, 08:49 AM   #81  

Default Weigh In tomorrow!

hey , just a reminder that weigh in is tomorrow. Please send me a PM with your loss/gain / maintain for this week. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Gen
194/163/135?
Old 05-11-2002, 09:55 AM   #82  

Smile My Weigh in results! yippee!!!!!!!

I ate the same this week maybe even a few calories extra on certain days! I added an additional 30 min to my walk in the morning. I'm so excited to report a 3lb loss for this week!!!! Iwas hoping to be at least 162 By Mother's Day tomorrow and instead I'm at 160!!!! I know probably next week there will be a 1/2 lb loss , usually there is a low loss after a big loss! but I am further along than I expected to be so I cant ask for anything more. Please PM me your results for this week. I havent recieved any yet

Gen

194/160/135?
Old 05-11-2002, 12:08 PM   #83  

hello everyone

How are you all doing? Pretty good hear. I lost 2 pounds this week.That is the most i have ever lost in a week. I guess this place is really helping me more then i thought it would. Hope you all lost as well. Congradulations on your weight loss Gen. Talk to ya all later.

Sweetpea
Old 05-11-2002, 12:26 PM   #84  

Default My results for this week.

I am not sure if you have this Gen but I have lost 2.6 this week. (I weighed in Monday the 6th).

I am so psyched. I just got back from the gym where I have started strength training. I have marked on my day planner to lift three days a week.

I have also mapped out a three mile walk and have done it twice this week with plans to walk it this evening and tomorrow.

Do you have record of my goal? I can't remember what it was. I am at 203.4 now. I have lost 43.8. I should got my 45 lb award and maybe go under 200 on Monday. Wish me luck.

GREAT JOB LADIES. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

amybunz
Old 05-11-2002, 07:29 PM   #85  

Default Today's Weigh In Results!!!!

I'm soooooo happy with the results I've been reading ! Here is the current updated weigh in results:If there are any errors PLEASE let me know so I can correct it ASAP
Have a wonderful Mother's Day Tomorrow to all you moms!

Gennel...Goal...9 lbs...lost 6 lbs

Amybunz..Goal..9 lbs...lost 11 lbs ( Biggest Loser so far! )

Turtle025 Goal... 8 lbs..N/A

Thinlizzie..Goal....8lbs..lost 5 lbs

Sassycat..Goal...8 lbs..lost 6 lbs

Grizzly.....Goal...7 lbs...lost 6.5 lbs

Duckies...Goal... 9 lbs..N/A..N/A

Emaleyth..Goal...6 lb..lost 2.5 lbs

spsalmist..Goal...5 lbs..N/A

Mscoconut..Goal..8lbs..lost 2.5 lbs

dustcatcher.Goal...5 lbs..lost 1 lb

Angel-eyes ..Goal..6 lbs..3.2 lbs

Sweetpea0407.Goal.. 5 lbs...loss 3 lbs (welcome newbie )

Roseblush..Goal..5 lbs (welcome newbie)

Last edited by Gennel; 05-14-2002 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:34 PM   #86  

Question I would like to join this 4 week program!!!

I'm new & want to join the 4 wk loss!!!
:^: Hi Gen, I've read all you guys posts and I would very much like to join in on this 4wk loss. I'm new and in need of some much needed support. I happen upon this thread and thought wow, this is exactly what I need to get me back on track with my weight loss.

Anyway, I started my weight lostt back in Jan, 2002. My beginning weight was at 261 lbs. and today I'm at 236lbs. I'm must say, I'm very happy with my loss so far. I haven't really been on any special diet plan, I just cut back (a little) and started walked 30-45 min. daily on my treadmill. So far so good, but for the last 2 or 3 weeks, I'v slacked off tramendously.

Now even though I've been slacking a lot, to my surprise I have not really gained back any of my weight. I think because I was walking every day 30 min in the a.m. before I go to work and 30-45 min every evening when I came home from work for 2 months straight. I really did build a lot of muscle in my legs, thighs and arms (from using my hand weights while walking the treadmill).

Anyway, I'm ready to start back on my weight loss journey and fill your program is just what I need for my newest motivation. I'm just have a few questions. Are you beginning a new 4 wk plan or just continuing on every week. I like to start this week on Monday 5/13, but not sure if I'm coming in to a new month or later part of this month. Please let me know in a new post from you Gen.

If I can start now, my goal weight for 1 month would be 10 lbs. My current weight is 236 lbs.

261/237/140:lol:
Old 05-12-2002, 07:48 AM   #87  
determined chick!

Talking woo hoo!!

I'm so happy. My weigh ins are usually on Sundays and Thursdays and this morning I was down 2 pounds- woo hoo! That scale just really didn't want to move lately. My faith is renewed! I hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful Mothers Day. Hi Pat- Welcome to the group. Take care everyone.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:53 AM   #88  

Angry good job

Good Job everyone on their success this week! I will start my week on Monday....and even step on the scale! I usually just go by my clothes fitting because in the past those numbers use to defeat my motivation! But all of you have really shown how brave you all are! I just seem to fluxuate between a 16 to my best is a trim 14. I just can never seem to get beyond that point. I know I just posted a 5lb loss but I have more over the long run I want to lose and keep off! Thanks for being here and keep up the good work!
Roseblush
Old 05-12-2002, 02:51 PM   #89  

hi everyone

Congradulations on your weight loss roseblush. And congradulations to everyone else also. Happy mother's day everyone. talk to ya all later.

sweetpea
Old 05-13-2002, 04:25 PM   #90  

Default Congrats Grizzlyshick and Roseblush!

Hey Grizzly you are almost at your goal for the week challenge! I'm sure you will pass your goal by the 20th of this month!

Hey Roseblush is that a 5 lb loss for this week? Please let me know if it is so I can update the weigh in chart!
Keep it up everyone " You Will Make This Happen!"

I have a funny story which wasnt funny when it first happened! Well my husband was going to buy me one of those cute 2 piece stretch tennis outfits? Thats the only way I know of describing them lol. Anyway the guy who sells them knows us for a few yrs now. The guy hasnt seen me in the last few months so he thought I was still at my big weight. My husband asked him for a size 11/12 for me and the guy kept arguing noway "she is like my wife at least a 16-18! lol Well my hubby insisted.... I wasnt home at the time so the guy had not seen me . When all of a sudden I bring my car into our driveway and step out of the car. The guy looked startled to see me and now I know why lol. He was just speechless for a few seconds lol. After he left my husband told me why lol. I was like me a 16 ?!!!! I took it personal lol and that was the joke for the rest of that day for me lol. IT was mother's day and I had a new cute short jean outfit size 12! Which the waist was almost 2 inches too big so I took it in with my machine. My husband asked what I was doing to my new pair of jeanshorts? I told him " Oh I'm just taking in these size 16 shorts a bit . lol Well I still have a pair of shorts that I used to wear when I was at 194 lbs , yes a size 16 ! I even got to wear bigger than that too. But I saved them and they are hanging in my closet as a reminder of where I dont want to get in again. Everyone's asking me for my special food list or what is the miracle solution that is working for me. And I dont have an answer for them! I love food , because I love it so much I have found ways to cut out the fat in alot of myfavorite meals and lower calories too. If you arent willing to give up a certain food , then find a way to get the same taste as close as possible but lower fat ingredients. Where there's a will there's a way!!!

Gen
194/160/135?
Closed Thread