Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 10:57 AM   #16  
hangin' in there...

Good Monday morning, girls.

First off, glad to hear Ginny is ok. Some people around here (north/central MAss.) claimed to feel some rumbling... I did not. However, I was still in bed at the time and we have a water bed, so I would have just thought it was dh rolling over!

To all you "losers"... CONGRATS! And to those staying OP... woooooooo hooooooooo!

To the busy Moms... I am right there with ya. Spent Saturday cooking for dh's football buddies... we had guests here til 8pm. Sunday was opening day, and the kids had a blast! Weather was a bit cool, and believe it or not, we're expecting snow today! Actually, we've already had some light sleet. Ahhhhhhh, spring in New England!

Today, I am starting a new program. Actually, it's the old program I was on (low cal, low fat), but I'm restarting it. I have not been on a scale in weeks, but wouldn't be surprised if I've gained back most of the 15lbs I've lost. I will weigh tonight and start over from there. I am going to shoot for losing 15-20lbs by my birthday, which is May 22 (I'll be turning 30!). The first few days is always the hardest for me, and I have to work tonight, so that's an extra challenge. But you girls have been doing so well lately, and I am being left in the dust! Time for me to get up, dust off, and run with ya's!

Hope everyone is well... I'm going to hit the bike! Talk soon....
Old 04-22-2002, 11:38 AM   #17  

Hi everyone
ECmom Glad to see your doing OK ..Just so you know I did make it to this appointment for my cholestoal test .. Could not eat till after 8:30 appointment and wouldnt you know it I was up most the night with atoothache.. (A filling loss ) So anyway I will find out sometime this week about the results.. I did find a Half and Half creamer made by Land O lakes that is fat free cholestorol free and 20 calories so if my results are bad at least I will still have my creamer!!!
Gemini They weather poeople are predicting 2 inches of snow today /tonight ( whenever it gets here) Cant believe we had 90 degrees last week for temps...You right this is spring time in New England..But DD has alll this week of for vacation..
I admit I am not an onliner during the weekend .. Although I did do a few postings I couldnt hit every thread I belong to. Anyway Saturday we went looking at some furbabies and to make a long story straight I was attacked by a shetlered Cat named Tina , a siamese beauty that didnt like me.. She ended up drawing blood when she bit into my wrist.. Which upset my son and I have been bitten by cats before but since this was a animal shelter and Tina did have personality problems with the volunteers but never to the point of drawing blood they had to quarantine her for ten days and she will be put to sleep.. I felt terrible about that so badly that when I was filing my accident report I starting crying my eyes out.. The shelter usually doesnt put to sleep any animal but due to the mannerisms with her in the past and the non so pleasant attitude with me they had no choice.. I still feel bad but in a way I am glad she attacked me and not some little child that wouldnt be as used to kitty bites. We still didnt adopt any but we willlook again this weekend..
Yesterday my family and I stayed in and did alot of cleaning..Hubby even washed the kitchen floor with bleach and water!!! Everytime I try the bleach I get hit with an asthma attack.. DD brought 10 garbage bags of stuff outta her room alone clothes that are too small and bags of stuffed animals ..DS felt out of place because he couldnt do his room all by himself so he says but he helped in other areas .. I am still not fully caught up but I am getting there..
Ahhhh I am sorry if this post is a little off spelling wise or proper english wise .. I took a vicodin for the toothache and I anm in a bit of a fog..
I noticed something about my spare tire today.. It is getting smaller!!! Ever since my son was born and they did the up and down type C section (transverasal?) my lower tummy area has been difficult to get rid of.. Lately it has been getting a bit smaller which feels great I was tired of having that skin flap hanging all the time.. ( sorry for the graphic)
Well all I am off I will check on you all later on
Take Care
Sheila
Old 04-22-2002, 01:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Happy Monday all!! Well it is for me. This past weekend went well. Yesterday I was a little off plan but not bad so I still feel good about it and today my best friend (the one I was matron of honor for) is coming to visit. They live two hours away so this is a real treat. I am so excited to see her! So my DH has been a sweetie and helped me get some housework done that I've been putting off, like cleaning out the entertainment center and cd case. Now it's neat and organized again. Then we found a suprise. We found a controller to our nintendo gamecube and the wire had been bit in half!! By TODDLER teeth!!!! So we had to throw it away. That's mine and my DH game. That was my DH controller. So he was a little upset. But o-well. 1 and 2 year olds do that kinda stuff. We'll just have to buy another for him.
Anyway, I have a pot roast on for dinner and it smells heavenly already. I had some ramen noodles for lunch so I'll be on plan again today. I guess I just needed to be firm with myself at first because now it is coming like second nature again.
Now I didn't hear about any earthquake. Was it bad? Many people hurt?? Please fill me in. We have satelite tv and don't get any local channels so I never know what's going on in the news.
I'll talk to you girls later!
Old 04-22-2002, 03:04 PM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Halfway thru a busy day here and I have a few minutes to check in and say hello.
To those of you who are being so good staying OP- congrats!!
Spryng- too bad about the controller there...just think of all the great stories you will have by the time that these little ones grow up!
Sheila- good for you getting the cholesterol check!!!! Knowledge is good- and even if the numbers are high you can work on this.
Rather sad about the kitty story. But I am glad that you are ok.
Hey, Jen- we are supposed to get snow here in NY too. Some spring, with a 40degree temperature shift in a week. (but I do like this better than the heat). Best of luck with your new program. Whatever you put back on will come off again. Hang in there.
Misti- how are things going for you? You have been up to your eyeballs too- are you holding up ok? Please remember you can unload here, it is not healthy to keep stress bottled up inside. And I hope that you are having a great day!

Jackie and Latisia- haven't heard from you yet..........hope that you are doing ok!

As for me- I wish I could report that my eating has been good. I started off great today and got some midday stress eating, which has thrown me off. It has been days since I had a really controlled eating day. Unfortunately, this happens around softball season- I can handle the eating out but just keeping up with life gets to me. Saturday Dd had a tournament all day at her school, and Dh and I were nominated to man the barbeque for the day- then I straighened up the lunch room there (it rained midday and poeple who should have stayed outside came in there)- then off to Ds's school help out with a benefit dinner there. All in all it was a 13 hour day from the time I left to the time I got home. I was really looking foward to Sunday, a quiet "day off" when Dh suggested that I take Dd to get her prom dress (I would personally rather have root canal without novocaine). So off we went to the mall............. That outing was not all that bad, Dd was actually in a pleasant mood. But then of course I did inform her that if she got snotty with me I would leave the mall immediately! We found a beautiful dress......with a boo-boo that cannot be fixed and is in a bad place. So now I am frantically checking out all the other stores to see if any of them have it in her size. No luck. And with the softball schedule the way it is............we just do not have the time. Oh, well....this will be interesting. Plus we are planning a 16th birthday party for her on the 18th of May. It is a surprise.....
Think I am going to need a week on a remote island by myself after that!!!!!!!!!
Gotta go. almost time to get Dd to ballet and Ds's bus should roll in any minute.
Take care.
Ginny
Old 04-22-2002, 11:15 PM   #20  

Good evening everyone. Well I tried to be good tonight. I really did. I didn't eat too much at dinner. 2 small pieces of roast beef and corn and potatoes to go with it. I had a slice of wheat bread with butter and then I had a slice of white with butter too (it just looked so good) then I made fat free brownies. Which I was hoping tasted nasty so I wouldn't eat many but they were absolutely delicious and I had two and a half. I have no idea how many cals I had today. I also drank tea with sugar in it. So I guess I blew it. But my best friend and her husband was here and I just didn't feel like being the "dieter" you know? Having to explain why I won't eat white bread or have dessert. She is a size 2. Really. So no matter what size I am I'll feel big beside her. But I have all week to make it up. DH goes to work tomorrow and so do I --- on myself. So I don't think I did any real damage.
My MIL went to the doctor today and called all upset. She weighs 346 lbs. And has a hard time breathing and walking and even putting her shoes on and she told her doctor about it and he was rude and said if you would stop shoving a fork in your mouth constantly you wouldn't have those problems! Can you believe it?? So she was upset and went and bought some herbal fat blocker diet pills. I feel bad for her. I know those pills don't work. I tried the exact brand she is on now and it doesn't work. She's the type of woman who won't even try a little bit to lose weight. Won't change any eating habits and my FIL is diabetic so it would do them both good to go on a diabetic diet. But he won't go without sugar. It's a mess. I want to feel bad for her but at the same time I can't because she does eat alot. Her portions are three times the size of mine or my DH. So if she would just cut portions then she would lose weight effortlessly. I don't know. Am I being too critical? I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said any of that. It's just that she complains about her weight everytime I see her as she is craming ice cream, cookies, or whatever down her throat. But still. She is struggling just like you and I. She just has a much longer road ahead of her. The doctor wants her to lose 200 lbs. That's so much. It's taken me over a year to lose 30 lbs. I couldn't imagine 200. I hope she does it this time. Even 100 lbs would help alot of her medical problems.
Well, I guess I should get off here. Sorry you had a bad eating day too Ginny. But I'm here with you. Lets get it right tomorrow ok?? You and me, all the way!!
Nighty Nite.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:15 AM   #21  

Hello everyone, kinda rushing, had a very busy day, with many issues... Well Ginny I didnt know about the earthquake, I am glad you are well, ( everyone one always got on me about current events...) I stayed OP, and at this point I dont even have to fight myself not to eat anything, or feel like I am even trying. I think I have completely adjusted. How is everybody,, i will see if I can get on earlier, tomorrow.. Have a good night! SPryng, sorry to hear about you MIL, I know I and all of us do relate to her, the hard part is taking that first step..

Latisia
Old 04-23-2002, 10:06 AM   #22  
hangin' in there...

I was just in the middle of typing out my longest post ever when I got booted!! GRRRRRR!!! @!#$%^&@*!!!

Suffice to say, I was writing wonderful and supportive prose to all of you!

I stayed OP yesterday and did two 20 minute sessions on the bike. Weighed in and did gain back 5lbs of the 15 I lost, but at least not everything. So, I've started anew at 160lbs and am into Day 2.

Have a great day, everyone!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:30 AM   #23  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Just thought I would check in and see how everyone was. I have another day of busy running around. (so what else is new, maybe I should just report when I am having a quiet day? It is easier to do that!)

Anyway- Latisia, good for you that you are "effortlessly" staying OP! Actually, it is not effortless at all, as we all know. Good for you that you are being so focused!!!!! This will show up on the scale. And won't Dh be happily surprised by you weight loss.

Spyrng- my heart goes out to you with your FIl and MIL. That Dr's comment was out of line- there is a right way and a wrong way to say everything! As you said, portion control is the key to it all. I hope that she realizes that soon. I too have a FIL who is diabetic (type 2) and it is a miracle that his blood sugar level is not worse than it is. He does not watch a thing- eats all the sugar he likes. Almost as though he has a death wish.......sorry to get so morose.

Jen- good for you with all that excercise and staying OP for day 2! Hard work pays off in weight loss .

As for me, I have to go in a minute. DD has a birthday party this afternoon (I still have to get the present!!!!!!! ) and will get my walk in then. My eating........still bad. I am slipping back into some bad habits. But, I can pull out of today within points if I behave myself for the rest of the day. Lets hope that I can.
Gotta go-
Have a great day!
(hey, Jackie, where ya hiding! Hope you are ok)
Ginny

Last edited by ECmom; 04-23-2002 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:08 PM   #24  

Good morning all!
Well here I am trying to get my eating back in line today and all I can think about is FOOD!! I'm craving some serious chinese at the moment. Not that I can have any because I'm home with the kids and we only have one car. But still. I'm craving it bad. I haven't had breakfast yet and I'm sure that is causing it. So I need to go eat some fruit. I was re-thinking about yesterday though. I don't think I did as bad as I thought. I went over my calories but not over my maintain limit which is 2000. So I'm putting yesterday into a "ok" eating day. But today I want to be great. I keep thinking "I only have 10 lbs to go" that's all. I could have them off in four weeks or so if I just stick to my program 100% of the time. Why can't I do that?? It's just 10 lbs!!
Well anyway, I'm trying to stay optimistic about being at my goal by May 22. But if I don't get serious, really serious I won't make it.
I'll get back on later.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:14 PM   #25  

Im back from the dentist !!!!! One tooth less even if the oral surgeon did say it could be saved by root canal.. I told him just take it I have a future of root canals in the near futurePLus every time I get a root canal I have to go back to get it redone and to be honest I didnt want the pain anymore so he did remove it..
I havent been able to eat since yesterday morning so I could say I have been good eating wise..LOL Except right now drinking coffee is a task ( i feel like I have half a face at the moment..)
Not good when wearing a white T shirt .. I am covered in coffee stains.. But will wait till I get the feeling back before I change..
Spryng: Although the harshness of your doctors comment was rude maybe she needed the harsh truth be told.. I know when I was seen by a doctor he once said to me " you know you would live great in a third world country , you would survive a long time just living off your body fat"..I weighed 295 at the time..It hurt but it moved me to change my thinking..
T Girl: Congrats on getting adjusted I know how tough starting can get at first..
Gemini : I was on earlier and got the boot so I thought it was a sign that I talk too much !!!!
ECMom : Have a great day with the birthday !!!
Sorry I am not to talkative now I am just trying to make sure I post something before I get the boot again
Take Care will check in Later
Sheila
Old 04-23-2002, 01:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

"Jack Is Back" (For a little while, that is!) Ginny: I'm glad to hear that you're ok & didn't fall between any cracks in the road.
Latisia: Glad that you're ok too & didn't blow away! I don't have time to post individually to any more of you right now, as I'm extremely busy! Yesterday I was home for about a total of an hour or so, besides to sleep. I've been at a friends house putting together a picture scrap book for the Brownies bridging into Jr. Girl Scouts. I tell you, scrapping takes a long... time to do, but looks so rewarding when complete.
We finished about 6 pages between the two of us. I will work on some more pages at home as soon as I get done posting. I also have to sew on the numbers & patches for the girls new Jr. G.S. sache's. (sp?) We have 13 girls in our troop. We have the Brownie/G.S. bridging tomorrow night. I guess I won't be able to post much 'til this is all finished. I'm sure glad that my ds isn't as involved with after school activities. DD has been keeping me real busy between G.S., Dance Classes & riding lessons. I like keeping dd busy to keep her mind off of food & to enjoy the rewards of fun exercising too! (She doesn't realize that H.B. Riding & Dance Lessons help trim her down.) Speaking of keeping dd busy, & keeping her mind off of food: I'm still staying OP & have lost another pound! Well, enough babbling out of me. I promise to address the rest of you at a later time. Take care all!

Last edited by Freckles; 04-23-2002 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:45 PM   #27  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Hi everyone!

Ginny~ Ahhhh, prom dress hunting. What fun. Have you found "the one" yet? Hope you are getting your eating back in check. With all of the goings on you have had, you've probably needed the extra calories, points to keep from falling over. You always amaze me. Thanks for asking about me... I'll get to that. I get caught up in everyone elses things going on here I forget about me sometimes!

Spryng~ so sorry to hear about our MIL. And FIL also. It has to be hard on your DH worring about them in the back of his mind. And that comment was unprofessional. But it takes all kinds to make up this crazy world we are in! Did you get that chinese? I thought about you today, I took the girls to El sombraro. They have the best mexican food. Hope you are back on track with your eating too.

T-girl~ I'm so glad you have adjusted to your diet and it is that easy for you. Sorda jelous! I wish it was so easy for me. You keep up the great work. I'm also curious too about what your Dh will think. How long have you been at it? Dose he have any ideal?

Jackie~ I'm glad you got a chance to check in tonight. You are missed. I love to do scrapbooking. My momma and I spend a few days working on one everytime I go back home. It is four years old now. It began the day I became engaged. Something that will be cherished forever. Glad to hear you are staying OP and congrat's on losing another #!

Gemini~ Sorry to hear about the gain. You'll have it back off in no time! I hate that you got the boot too! We missed out on a wonderful post I'm sure.

Sheila~ Did you get the other half of your face back yet? I bet you will be glad to eat a solid meal again. I really hate to hear your doctor made that kind of comment to you. It may have motivated you. But still yet, hurting someone's feelings is so uncalled for. I'm a really sensitive person. Things like that really bother me.
And as for me, I'm doing great. TOM caught me by suprise yesterday. I wondered why I was retaining water... my rings were tight. I'm busy getting my garden out and grooming my dog. I'm staying OP. I found these great little Russel Stovers pecan delights to curb my chocolate cravings. They are sugar free! Low calories. That really makes me smile. That's about all, nothing to really vent about. I found a great daycare for my girls and am feeling less guilty about putting them in it 1 day a week. Dh is well. He's busy plowing the fields and repairing fence. The quiet before the storm.

Nighty Nite girls!
Old 04-24-2002, 12:10 AM   #28  

hey everyone just popping in ,, Thanks everyone, Lil bit of sunshine, Freckles, Sheila,and Ginny for the congrats,, it is tough to adjust, and all, I am thankful this has happened, because it has NEVER happend before, I still have a ways to go, but i am optimistic..

Gemini, keep your head up!! You can do it, dont let the gain bother it will come off!!

Spryng, you WILL do it, you have come so close, and this is the toughest time, just hang in there, and stay focused, !!

WEll I am doing ok , OP, THANk GOD!! WEll goodnight , and see you all tommorrow!!

Latisia
Old 04-24-2002, 12:10 AM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Well........survived another day!
My eating was atrocious again- I have got to get serious about this again. Tomorrow (which actually begins in 10 minutes ) I will get out my WW stuff again and brain wash myself again. I did just get out for another 1/2 hour walk (got 35 minutes in this afternoon) and attempted to burn off some of the naughty stuff that I consumed today.
Misti- BTW- yes we found the dress. It is a bit more formal (and costly) than we originally wanted, but this one made all the other dresses look like rags and it was not that much more than the others. But the big problem was that the one we found was flawed and deemed unrepairable by the alterations dept there. Sooooo I have spent a good 2 hours on the phone calling other stores and was finally able to find one in Ds's size (5/6 grrrrrrrr). I am plum out of time and energy, so tomorrow I will call the store and have them ship it to me. Good for you staying OP and finding something to curb that lousy chocolate craving. (tough thing to tame, isn't it?). It is wonderful too that you are ok with the daycare for your dd's. One day a week is nothing- gives you some time away from each other (which at times is good) and allows you not to feel stressed over being a bad mom. You are doing the right thing here, I think- this way you can support Dh better and still be a great mommy! I am sure that your girls will miss and appreciate you more too.
Jackie- you missing person, you! Glad to see you here. That scrapbooking sounds like fun! I hope that you found it fun and relaxing. You've been so busy lately, some fun was/is in order. I've been thru that sash sewing stuff.....I used to be a troop leader for Dd 7 years ago.
Spryng - lets keep each other optimistic here, ok!? I hope that you finished up your day strong and holding to the calorie count you wanted. Lets both try hard to stay OP for Wednesday- just one day at a time, ok?
Sheila- with one less tooth! I hope that you are comfortable and that the big novocaine shot wore off! Hey, tea stained items are "in" so why not coffee stained shirts? Ok, ok I have a sick sense of humor.

Dd had a softball game this afternoon, which they won in extra innings. (her school against a much larger school- Class A versus Class D). So she (and Dh ) were happy . (She has another game tomorrow nite- I think that Dh is going to that one too. I hope to stay home with Ds and Dd (6) so that maybe they can have a normal afternoon and not be dragged off to a softball field.
Dd has come with me to most of the games, but Ds has stayed home by himself. He is a great kid- but I do not like it that he is alone so much. He deserves to have someone home for him (even though he does not want someone watching him).

Ok, have I babbled enough for one day? Beddy bye for me.
Have a great nite/ morning- aw whatever it is!
Ginny
Old 04-24-2002, 12:12 AM   #30  
burned out bus driver

Hey Latisia!!
You snuck on here.......and I missed your post. Great that you finished OP today! Here's off to a great tomorrow. You CAN do this!
Ginny
Closed Thread