Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #1  
Lisa

S/C/G: 253/248/175

Height: 5'3

Default Stuck...need help

I am on The Fat Smash Diet, and I've been stuck with the first phase 3 times. Last night I cheated and ate a bag of cheetos and some toostie rolls and this morning, I ate more toostie rolls. I just can't get out of my old habit!!! I was doing okay, I was 5 days into it and then I gave in. I feel so crapy about myself. I want to just stop, but I know I will get down on myself and then I have a feeling I will get depressed again. I just don't know what I am going to do. Is anyone on this diet that can tell me their stories or anything so I can motivate myself???
Lisa
lconner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Lisa . . . first of all, you sound like you definitley need a . . . secondly -- maybe you need to take a look around at other plans. Might just be that Fat Smash is not for you. the perfect Lisa Regimen might still be out there just waiting for you to find it.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

If the diet you're on is one you can't stick to, then it might not be the right diet for you. We all have struggles with our eating plans, but you shouldn't find yourself binging and craving like crazy. We're all different and sometimes it takes some figuring out.

Other than that ... the best I can say is that we all have a CHOICE. You eat what you CHOOSE to put in your mouth. When you got up this morning, what made you say to yourself "I choose to eat more tootise rolls this morning"? At what point could you have said ... stop. I'm not going to do this today. Right now. Just for this 10 minute period. I will not eat tootsie rolls because I CHOOSE to not eat tootsie rolls.

Honestly and truly that's what it comes down to. No diet or plan or book or routine will help you unless you CHOOSE to stick with it.

We've all been there. We all fight our struggles every day. If we can do it, so can you!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #4  
Lisa

S/C/G: 253/248/175

Height: 5'3

Default thanks

Thanks, I needed that.
I am really beating myself up. Im 21 and Im the only one in my immediate family that has to deal with this. When I first did the FSD, before I gave up, I lost 6 pounds and then I tried again, but failed. This time, it wasn;t too hard but then last night I gave in. I thought that if I gave in, I could just kind of not worry and work harder the next day. the thing is, i HATE excersing and I haven't done it at all, really. that's why when I saw this group, i knew i would find peole who were/are going through the same thing as i am.
lconner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #5  
I m worth it

S/C/G: 176/174/143

Height: 5'2''

Hi Lisa,
First of all, congratulations on taking the first step to getting into shape. I know it's hard being on a diet, you feel deprived of all the goodies your system got used to over the years.
One advice is to get rid of all the tempting junk you have in your house (Chips, cookies, fat dressings), give them away or trash them, and keep ONLY the healthy stuff around.
I don't know about the fat Smach Diet, but the first week in any diet is always hard, that's why it's better to have a week of getting your system ready by eating healthy (lots of veggies, fruits and try keeping away from red meat and only get lean chiken breast), and then after that week is over, you can get into your chosen diet. Trust me, it's easier that way.
Keep us updates, you have us here to support and motivate you. NEVER GIVE UP, YOU CAN DO IT.
One more thing, if you ever get tempted on getting any no-no foods, try calling a friend to chat, go out for a walk, make yourself a facial mask to keep you away from munching on junk, it's just a habit !
Cheers.
Dazzling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Don't beat yourself up!

Kaplods - a member here who you will see around a lot - has a saying that a lot of us relate to. She says: If you trip on the top step, do you then throw yourself down the rest of the staircase?

You tripped when you ate Cheetos. So now you regain your balance and keep walking down those stairs.
You tripped again when you ate the tootsie rolls. So now you regain your balance and keep walking.

But you're still standing. The stairs are still there. They're not going away just because you lost your balance. And throwing yourself down them is only going to hurt more.

So keep walking. Don't beat yourself up - a bag of Cheetos isn't worth that kind of anguish.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 10-04-2008 at 05:16 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5 FEET 4 INCHES

Lisa,
Hello! I am starting fat smash tomorrow. I can't wait. I am looking forward to losing some of this weight. I know how you feel, I do the same thing. You mess up once and you can't get going again. It's not too late. You slipped up once, but it's not the end of the world.
GETMYSEXYBACKJESS is offline   Reply With Quote