Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2002, 01:11 PM   #16  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs down The Great Day 8

Well, The Streak paid off with a 3.5 weight drop today. I'm now on Day 8. Soon I shall have a 21-day period of my streak program under my belt in honor of the intrepid Blockettes and their 21-day challenge. My calories for the week averaged in the mid-1900s; I did not reach 2000 at all during the week, but hit the 1700s & 1800s twice; I exercised twice a day (or more) to reach my weekly goal of 1700 calories burned in exercise (I actually exceeded that; my spreadsheet translates minutes exercised into approximate calories burned and I like to play with that).

Mom: Vermont sounds lovely. Glad you are hanging in with your program. You are probably getting much more activity than you think. Have a great trip home.

Signed, The Streak!
Old 04-22-2002, 08:10 AM   #17  

Good morning Crone....how was your weekend? Mine was pretty good....but tiring.

I just got home from Vermont yesterday and then had the joys of doing all the dirty laundry we brought home and putting everything away.

Not sure if you heard this on your national news Crone.....Saturday on the east coast we had a really good sized earthquake....pretty unusual for the north east...was pretty freaky....it struck around 6:30am and awoke everyone in the house.....Brents aunt and I thought her furnace was getting ready to blow up in the basement......which is what a lot of people thought in their homes...it shook all the way from Plattsburgh NY ( 15 miles from epicenter ) all the way up to Maine and way down to Maryland...It shook Brents aunts house so bad that she had to get up and hold her fan on her night stand cause it was falling off....and I had to get up and keep her little trinkets from falling out of the windows.....all that day we heard big rumbles like thunder and then small after shock tremors.....it measured a 5.1 in most places and a 5.5 on the scale.....it was wild

Anyhow....I am off today to take the boys back to the ENT for Kails post op visit and to have ear plugs made for him.....and then Jesse needs to have ear plugs made also and finds out when he has his adenoids removed....glad to be getting the ear plugs today...they start swim lessons next Monday.....we thought since we will be around water for vacation and then when we move to our new house being on an island we thought it a good idea to teach them to swim now and not before its too late

Our weather is back to freezing cold weather so I wont be walking outside.....might get on the bike later tonight when boys are asleep.

Will post more later on how my day went......hope you have a great day.....take care...LisaL

Angel.....how are you? Hope all is getting better with your brother!!! How is L & E doing?
Old 04-22-2002, 03:27 PM   #18  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 9

Hi, Mom! What a harrowing end to your trip. I did hear about the earthquake, although not the details. Glad you are safe. Hope all goes well with the boys' swim lessons. It's such a good idea to have them learn young. I personally have never learned to swim and now would be terrified to try.

I'm on Day 9 of my streak but not having a good day at the moment. Maybe later! Still holding to calorie level, though.

Have a great rest of the day, Mom and Angel-Eyes, too, also lurkers if any!
Old 04-23-2002, 08:22 AM   #19  

Just a quick note.....will post more later when I have a chance.....but I need to start my streak all over again.....we got some news on the house yesterday that was pretty upsetting....the bank approved us for the loan itself....the company who does the PMI part...denied us....so that means either we come up with $20,000 for it or we back out of buying for now....which we have no way at all of coming up with $20,000....when we have been saving money aside for the closing fees.....so it looks like I will be looking for another freakin apartment because we gave our notice here and I am not willing to live here anymore anyways after the **** the landlord put me thru......so last night I binged big time......I ate normal all day and after that news came along.....I ended up eating a heaping plate of alfredo with fresh tomatoes and then moved onto a bowl of ben & jerrys ice cream......so lets see how today goes.....talk later.....LisaL
Old 04-23-2002, 03:27 PM   #20  
Empress/Queen

Default Mom ...

I wrote a long reply to your post but couldn't get it to post. Now I'm shorter on time, but wanted to let you know how sorry I am that your deal didn't go through. I know how that can feel, but please believe that there is another great thing just waiting around the corner. There tends to be a logic and reason for everything that happens, if we can just search long enough to find it.

In my opinion, apartment life is for the birds, so I understand your frustration. Have you thought of renting a house with an option to buy? Often these deals can be worked out informally with a homeowner who simply wants someone in the house. You might look at rental property and just ask if the owner would be interested. Also renting houses is just as inexpensive in many areas as apartments and far more pleasant for family life, in my opinion. (No offense meant to those who like apartments. I just don't.)

You are a good person, Mom, and you will prevail. Things just take time.

I'm on Day 10 but two seconds away from a binge. Life is making me nuts but it beats the alternative.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:19 PM   #21  

Crone...thanks for your very kind words of opinion...and your so right....renting an apt is for the birds....your paying for someone elses home....it stinks....and you cant do any rennovations without permission and they dont always allow them....We are going tomorrow evening to look at an apt....its actually an old farm house I guess made into a duplex...the owners son and dil live there with their 3 kids which 2 of the kids are same age as my 2 boys.....and its on 8+ acres of land so plenty of play space....has a nice big back deck and the heat and hot water are included for $680/mo which right now for this dump we are living in....our rent is $475/mo and the electric is running us $300/mo so anything has gotta be better than here.....but who knows....someday soon I hope something will work out with a house......!!!

I just got done making whoopie pies with peanut butter frosting filling instead of regular creme frosting.....gotta tell ya...I did try them....but I am still not doing too bad.....I am by no means streaking but I am trying.....and that has to count for something.....ha ha

Hope you didnt binge too badly if you gave in.....your doing so well....keep up the positive thinking and you WILL reach your final destination to a healthy CRONE...LOL

Take care and talk later....LisaL
Old 04-23-2002, 08:50 PM   #22  
Empress/Queen

Mom: I didn't cave in! But I did find some more of Blue Bunny Sugar Free Lite Ice Cream Krunch Bars. These are good and only 90 calories, so I had three. You would not know these are sugar free. I also found some 90-calorie, sugar-free Healthy Choice Strawberry Creme bars. Will try these tomorrow. I'm off to do weights now.

The duplex sounds nice and a good deal. When I refer to my dislike of apartment life, I mean the big, big, big complexes that all look alike. Again, no offense to anyone, it's just my own preference, but I had my fill of those kind of places in the earlier part of my life. The house I now own (with the bank) is actually the most affordable place I've ever been in (the payment would surprise you), but of course it has problems. Everything does.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:24 AM   #23  

Crone.....isnt it funny how some sugar free things tastes SOOO horribly disgusting and then you get lucky and find the few that actually are SOOOO good you cant tell the difference???...I love the sugar free fudgsicles....and I like some sugar free ice creams.....and amazingly I am now accustomed to diet drinks....which before I ABSOLUTELY HATED.....!!!

Glad you found some snacks that you could indulge in but not go overboard!!!

I will be thankful to know we have a new place to live and when the boys are all done surgeries I will be thankful....then maybe I can let my hair down ( its pretty short actually....ha ha ha) and take a few deep breathes and get myself straightened out.....I hate not being in control of my eating....and I know I have put on weight...but I refuse to weigh in right now

Anyhoot.....I should go for now.....waiting on Kail to crash and burn so I can take my shower....seems like thats the only time I get to myself is when he is sleeping...and by then I have a million and one other things running thru my head to do.....LOL.....

I agree with you on the HUGE apt complexes....we have had our share of those too.....and they usually have NO room for kids to play....and you get stuck with CRAPPY neighbors half the time.....at least this old farm house duplex is out of the way and not 101 little brats running around and Jesse will be less inclined to do stuff he knows he shouldnt...but around here he tries to impress the BIG kids when he does things he KNOWS he SHOULDNT....oh well...I will post again later and let you know how it went looking at the apt.....take care...LisaL
Old 04-25-2002, 07:40 AM   #24  

Good morning Crone....how are ya? I am up WAY too early for me...ha ha....I was up and at chores at 6:30am which is highly abnormal....LOL

Anyhow, we went and looked at the apt in the old farm house and ended up taking it....there is a huge amount of playroom for the kids in the house and over 4acres of land in back that they can play on.....and the landlords are SUPER nice.....and very easy going...said we could paint the place if we wanted to in the colors we liked if we didnt care for the colors there......which to me is a BIG plus....cause I like to paint but normally landlords dont want anything but WHITE....how boring...and how dirty with kids.....!!!...Jesse's new school is right down the road from the apt and its a small school again which I totally love!!!....more one on one with the teacher and kids when the classes are smaller.

We gave them our money and we can start moving in this weekend....which means I will be busy as heck tonight and tomorrow getting stuff packed up.....and that also means I wont have access to the computer for a while until we get everything all settled there....so if you dont hear from me after this weekend for a week or so...dont be alarmed!!!

Gonna go for now...gotta finish getting Jesse ready for school and in middle of doing laundry.....talk later today.....LisaL
Old 04-25-2002, 03:59 PM   #25  

Default QUICK UPDATE

Crone....guess what...guess what????? WE GOT THE HOUSE..............YAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!!!!!
The bank called this afternoon and said they had found a company willing to take on our PMI part of the loan and so now it is a done deal.......so we now have to try to talk to the "NEW" landlord about renigging our lease we signed last night....YIKES....but hopefully he will be ok with it...considering we didnt sign in until last night at 8pm........ok gonna go for now......take care...LisaL
Old 04-25-2002, 08:47 PM   #26  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 12 ...

At least I think so. Kind of losing count. I'm in a huge slump but preservering.

Mom: A huge WOO-HOO to you! That is wonderful news about the house. I operate on the theory that when we stop pursuing something or someone, that something or someone turns right around and starts pursuing us. You had adjusted and signed the new lease and were looking forward to the duplex ... wham, out of the blue, the house you really wanted turned around and came after you. Works every time!

This works for me in weight management, too, but it's not such a good thing in that regard ... if I stop "pursuing" the demise of those extra pounds, they turn and come after me. Sigh.
Old 04-26-2002, 11:21 AM   #27  
Empress/Queen

Default Friday the 13th ...

the 13th day of my streak, that is!

Congratulations to me!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:22 PM   #28  

Default Congrats on 13 Days of Streaking

Crone...you go girl....13 days of streaking is awesome....you only have a week left to make that 21 day goal of starting a HABIT!!!
I wish I could say the same for my end....but I just CAN NOT get myself together....who knows....maybe once the nice weather gets here and we move into the house....I will get my act together....lord knows I will be so busy packing and unpacking and arranging the house the way I want it....and then I will be outdoors alot with the kids in the backyard and I am enlisting the help of my brother ( who worked doing landscaping for years) to come down and help me do a raised multi-level flowerbed.....and then we will be having a garden tilled and I can work planting in there....so I am PRAYING that once we get moved and Jesse surgery is done on next Friday that I will get my life in order and get myself back on track and kicking some butt.

Ok...I have some stuff to get done...going down towards Boston tomorrow to the kids great grandpa ( step great grandpa...still the same to me though ) for his 90th bday ( I think he is 90) and we are staying the night in a hotel with the boys and then heading home in afternoon.....its only a couple hours away but MIL wants to see the boys one more time before they head back to Florida on Tuesday so she offered to put us up for a night.....LOL...how can you reject a free night .....

Take care and hope you had a great day and have a great weekend....LisaL
Old 04-27-2002, 07:36 PM   #29  
Empress/Queen

Default Yo, streak ends!

Mom: I ended my streak today, deliberately. The deus ex machina was several bottles of dulce de leche milk ... sort of dul - ce - machina!

The underlying warrant to this little drama of my life is it's just not fun anymore. To be honest, I was having more fun when I was obese!

Thanks for being my supporter on this sort of lackluster thread. You're the best! Hope all goes well for your move and your weight loss journey.

Well, there are three more bottles of dulce de leche in the fridge ... you should have seen the look on the convenience store clerk's face when I bought all eight bottles in stock.
Old 04-28-2002, 04:53 PM   #30  

Crone.....what is dulce de leche? I dont believe I have ever heard of it?????

Dont be too down on yourself....remember you told me....sometimes we have to give up on things in order for them to turn around and become ours again.......so....take the time you need and when your ready....you will be back on target......I so know what you mean by how HAPPY we are being obese....you eat whatever in the **** it is your little heart desires and it tastes SOOOOOOO good and you dont have to wonder.....well maybe I shouldnt because it is high in points or calories.....and you just go for it......I fully agree....I am happier when I can eat whatever I want whenever I want for NO POINTS...but then I get to the point where I am SO UNHAPPY with the way my clothes fit.....and I then kick myself again and get remotivated....so just give yourself a little vacation that just might be VERY needed in order to regroup yourself......Huge hugs....I am behind ya all the way!!!!
Closed Thread