Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #1  
Need to get back on track

S/C/G: 230/224/150

Height: 5'6"

Wink Water

So how much water do you guys normally drink every day? I drink about 20 8 oz glasses a day to help keep me full and hydrated and I know that's much more than average. But at the ER a few months ago the doctor said I was dehydrated and was shocked when I told him how much I drink. I"m always thirsty! But they say it's nothing to worry about. So what is a normal amount to drink on a diet? I always hear 8-10 glasses a day.
SandiSweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I'm usually drinking about 6 to 10 eight oz glasses a day.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I don't keep track actually. I drink water, mostly and drink it when I'm thristy or feel a bit hungry but don't want to eat just yet.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #4  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i only drink water, so i probably drink more than most, but you should get no less than 6 8ounce glasses of water daily, however i almost always drink at least double that
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I don't keep track anymore, but I know I drink way more then 8-10 glasses of water. I think it varies person to person. I think many things can factor in how much water you need (weight, activity level, diet, how well your bladder works etc.)

I think it's important to drink water spread out through the day and definitely drink when you are thirsty.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

A lot. Usually 4 48-ounce jugs a day. But my body uses a TON of water (more than standard, I think...especially because people in my family SWEAT when they work out, and I do my cardio every day and lose a TON of water), so this is based all on following medical recommendations for urine color (gross, yes). I aim for pale yellow, not clear, and I need a TON of water to get there.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

I drink between 75-100 ounces a day.

Last week I drank over 120 oz in about 5 hours and started getting dizzy. I was twitching out and a little deliourus. It was way over what I normally drink. I think maybe I got just a touch overhydrated. Too much of ANYTHING can be bad.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #8  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

between 3 and 4 litres....
i tend to slow down after aout 6pm cos otherwise im up outta bed several times in the night to pee....
n that is frustrating!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

3 litres a day.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I usually drink between 10-15 8oz glasses a day sometimes more, and then there are times when I have a cup or two of tea which adds a few more oz's
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #11  
Workin' It

I've been doing 125-150 ounces per day, like Amanda I sweat a lot, even just walking up and down stairs... I also pretty much only drink water, so I have it with every meal too.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #12  
Waves of Change

S/C/G: 201/178/170

Height: 5' 8", wishing I were 6' 4" :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw23 View Post
I drink between 75-100 ounces a day.

Last week I drank over 120 oz in about 5 hours and started getting dizzy. I was twitching out and a little deliourus. It was way over what I normally drink. I think maybe I got just a touch overhydrated. Too much of ANYTHING can be bad.
Oh dear! Be careful!
suenami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #13  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad I came across this thread! I up'd my water in take during the summer and I have been having some dizzy spells, and even fainted a few times. My urine is often clear.. and now it's all making sense to me.. it's probably the over indulgence in water that's effecting me. I will still be mentioning my dizziness to my doctor ( when I get one.. just immigrating the US right now) But it just suddenly makes so much sense!

I knew it wasn't food issues.. because im very careful to eat the proper amount of food.. and i just never realized that too much water is a bad thing!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Oh my gosh! I'm so glad I came across this thread! I up'd my water in take during the summer and I have been having some dizzy spells, and even fainted a few times. My urine is often clear.. and now it's all making sense to me.. it's probably the over indulgence in water that's effecting me. I will still be mentioning my dizziness to my doctor ( when I get one.. just immigrating the US right now) But it just suddenly makes so much sense!

I knew it wasn't food issues.. because im very careful to eat the proper amount of food.. and i just never realized that too much water is a bad thing!
Holy cow! Take it slow! Too much water messes with your electrolytes and throws off your balance. Gotta be careful of that, people have died from too much water (ie; that woman on that radio show in Cali... yikes).
When I did it, I ate some salty stuff and felt better afterwards. I dont know if it was the salt or time that actually helped me feel better. But it seemed to help.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #15  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw23 View Post
Holy cow! Take it slow! Too much water messes with your electrolytes and throws off your balance. Gotta be careful of that, people have died from too much water (ie; that woman on that radio show in Cali... yikes).
When I did it, I ate some salty stuff and felt better afterwards. I dont know if it was the salt or time that actually helped me feel better. But it seemed to help.

Yeah.. well I always eat when I drink.. usually I would drink two bottles with every meal or snack.. I m def gonna be cutting that back. I figured I got all of the nutrients i needed to balance out the water.. but obviously not. Im off to research!!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote