Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #16  
No description available.

When I started my weight loss journey, size 16s were tight. Today I tried on with good succcess a pair of size 8 Levis. If you think 130 is unrealistic, it might be, but you never know what might happen, especially if you start weight lifting. But please don't burn them---donate them if you won't use them.

Last edited by midwife; 09-26-2008 at 01:21 PM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

My problem with trying to fit into jeans I used to wear so many years ago is that by the time I could fit into them again, now, they weren't even in style anymore or were a weird wash. I actually surpassed my goal of fitting into my Sevens and had to go down two more sizes! I just bought a couple of Gap pairs of size 4s to celebrate and am hoping to stay in those for a long time.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I wish I had any of my size 8s around anymore. One of these days I'll really look, there might be a few tucked away somewhere. But I don't think I have any anymore. I think a few of those things would still be stylish, although a lot wouldn't. But mainly, I'd just like them now to see what size I really was back then (~10 years ago).
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #19  

Yup, keep the jeans and your sense of humor I have a new coat that I bought in a size 12.. gorgeous coat..so soft, cashmere/wool blend. I have it hanging on my closet door and will try it on every 10 pounds or so. Eventually, it will button!
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 250/244/150

Height: 5'9"

Keep them. As everyone else said, it is a visual goal and sometimes those are better than just a number to get to.
ducky0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #21  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im tempted now to buy some size 8 jeans....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #22  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

I had gotten rid of all my really small clothes after years of being heavier. I had given up on ever being a size 4 again. Then, wouldn't you know, I WAS able to get back down to that size (and even smaller!) and had to rebuy EVERYTHING!

There was one exception now that I think of it. For me, it was a classy sheath dress, size 4P, that I had bought online and never wore. It was somewhat too small when I got it, and impossibly too small before I lost weight this time. I kept it around, just in case -- and now it fits beautifully.

So I say, hang onto 'em, because it isn't impossible to get there! Never say never!
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I only kept one thing. A gorgeous Jessica Mclintock black satin ball gown (with a bustle) that I wore to an awards show in '97. You would not believe the joy I felt when I was able to zip that baby up! I still have it and I'm trying to think of a way to wear it again (maybe Halloween?)

So I'd say, keep your jeans for the future. You never know.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #24  
FB

Oh gosh - there's always hope! This morning I fit into a pair of Tommy Hilfiger leather pants (gorgeous) that haven't been touched in 8 years. Always, always and always hope - and a good chance of wearing them too!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #25  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

Keep them, I have some skinny shorts that I am going to love getting into, even if they are too old to wear. Bundt cake top, I think I have that too.
Bravelilchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #26  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

WOW !!!

You all are such a great inspiration to me. My motivation still has not waned, but just reading your words of encouragement to other revs my "engine" and I am motivated all over again. I just want to jump up and run down to the fitness center and work out again....

Personally, I would keep them too. I have this super cute skirt that I used to wear many many pounds ago. It is sooooo outdated, but someday I want to squeeze my tinier butt into that acid washed skirt with the white fringe...lol. I know it will happen sooner than I think, but patience is not one of my virtues....just ask my mother.
luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #27  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Keep the skinny jeans! Throw out the fat jeans as soon as you move down a size...and keep going!

I bought a pair of size 16 Kahki pants about 6 years ago because I had just started wearing 18's and I wanted motivation to get back to a 16. There was something about the color and the feel of the fabric of those pants that was so appealing. They have hung in my closet all these years while I continued to grow to a size 20. I never got to wear them. Couldn't even get them pulled up all the way...much less think of buttoning them.

I wore those pants to work this week!!! And they looked and felt better than I even dreamed they would all those years! I walked a little taller...and I think I even strutted a little.

So keep those skinny jeans. There is nothing quite like the feeling of accomplishment the first time you wear them.
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:15 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 218.8/165/165

Height: 5'7"

Another vote for KEEPING THEM!!!!

I've mentioned this on other threads... but I've had a pair of Juicy Couture jeans for... um... YEARS... that have NEVER fit (comfortably)... even when I bought them (online... argh). When I first started they wouldn't go past my thighs... ridiculous..

The other day I got them up and zipped... with a definite muffin top... but I can't even tell you how exciting it was to get them on. I'm still not taking off the tags until I can officially fit in them comfortably.... and it's going to be such a celebration. (I'm hoping in a month I'll be there!)

I really can't wait until they're too big

Keeping a few items of clothing that don't fit is such a good way to monitor your progress... and when they're too big... THEN donate them!
kukristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #29  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Keep 'em!

I had a pair of very flattering skinny jeans hanging in the back of my closet for 7 years.

Last week I tried them on, and they fit again!

It was only a few months ago that I couldn't even get them up past my thighs.

So yeah, there is hope.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #30  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default Another vote for keeping them.

I have a pair of size 12 shorts from back when I was smaller... and as my ultimate goal I bought a pair of 10's that I love. The thing is... sizes have changed a lot in the 10 years since I wore those 12's... they are a good 2-3 inches smaller than the 10's I just bought.. So I'm keeping them to show me if I really get back that small, even though I know that I won't ever wear them for real (they are cherry red, lol).
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote