Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 08:27 PM   #16  
Hot Stuff

Hi Kelly! Glad you've joined us! Wow...three kids...I don't know how you girls that have more than one kid do it! I'd be certifiably insane! I have one 14 year old daughter...and we may not survive to see fifteen. She's driving me crazy! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Punkin, hope you get over your cold quickly. Take it easy.

Sheila...clothes by the yard...*LOL* I haven't heard that one before. I better smarten up or I'll have to buy a bigger size....and that ain't happenin! Hope your family is on the mend.

Lamorgan, you might get your wish tomorrow...we're supposed to have a high of 16 degrees celsius...not sure about the sun, though.

Eydie, plant some plastic flowers? They'll survive the dog pee and from the road no one will see the difference.

Welll, my daughter may have a broken arm. She slipped getting out of the shower and cracked her arm on the edge of the bathroom counter. It has a huge bump on the side and is all red and purple. She wasn't able to move it through a full range of motion, couldn't squeeze the doctor's hand or turn her palm up, so we were sent to the X-ray clinic. They didn't have a radiologist on duty to read the films, so I had them phone the doctor back to find out what we should do. We were told if there was a fracture we would have to go to the ER. They sent us home to put ice on it and give her Tylenol, and the results will be in tomorrow morning when the radiologist arrives. Seems a little ...not negligent, but...I dunno...strange that she could have a broken arm and we have to wait until tomorrow to find out. Never a dull moment.

So, I didn't bowl tonight. I didn't get up to do my yoga this morning because the security company that monitors our building at work called us at 3am to tell us the fire alarm was going off, but had reset itself. (My hubby is first contact for the alarm.) You know what a call in the middle of the night does to you...wide awake until 4:30. My alarm was set for 5:00, but I shut it off and slept until 6:30, then ran around like an idiot trying to get everything done and out the door on time.

Tomorrow is going to be better.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:24 PM   #17  

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone !!!!will need some time to get to know all of you, but I,ll try!!!!!
WILDFIRE : I'd have 4 or 5 kids if DH could be negociated into it ! unfortunately, it wont happen The key word I guess is organization, and maybe kids from larger families get to be more independent, mine are, and do a lot of things by themselves, like keeping themselves entertained on a rainy day they also help a lot with the baby, which is great... AND I don't have any teenage yet!!!!!
Hope YOUR teenager's arm is better...and you get a good night sleep!
LAMORGAN : I want some sun toooooooooo!
I don't know about breastfeeding, seems it doesn't help me lose, instead I'm retaining everything like crazy! What would you say on the diet - no diet issue when nursing ? some say it's very bad because you get lots of toxins in your milk, some say if you're reasonable, having your cals and water, it's all right I'm kind of confused, don't want to stop just for the sake of losing weight, anyway my baby doesn't want the bottle so I'm kind of stuck but would like to finally find my old (old) body back!
EYDIE : I admire someone who actually WORK in her garden... my competence here is limited to wishing real hard everything is going to hang in there all by itself till winter, then be nice and come back at spring !
SHEILA : Is it my yard you're talking about ? seriously, hope the situation with the apartment will get better.
PUNKIN : get well soon !
FLOWER : I'm from france, living in canada.

I've been doing great for the last couple of days, seem to be out of the demotivation, depression, discouragement dead end. Wish I was out of the 180's too!!!!!
Good luck and good week to you all !
Old 04-09-2002, 05:44 AM   #18  
deleted2

Lamorgan, I've never tasted rhubarb. Can't believe I've existed for 39 years and never have, and I'm such a foodie too! But this is the year I do--I've collected a few recipes for experimenting. I've read that it's very good for you--hard to believe that something that looks like celery could break down to a sauce like they say. Do you have a favorite way to prepare it?

Old 04-09-2002, 09:41 AM   #19  
Must Shrink.

My favourite rhubarb recipe is a rhubarb cake one that my sister gave me a couple of years ago. I'll search for it. Rhubarb-Strawberry pie is good, I'm not a pie-maker though, and I like Rhubarb-Strawberry jam. My plants are large enough to make lots of stuff this year...

Breastfeeding and dieting should be done carefully, but if you follow the WW diet for nursing moms until at least your baby is a year old, then as he starts to eat more and more solid, that should be ok... It's hard to hold back, when you want to alter your body... When I did WW with a nursing toddler my milk supply really dropped, but I wasn't so concerned since he was over two when I think about it... He nursed until nearly 3 I think.

Walks in the summer sunshine will make a big difference too!

Warm out there, but really windy. My window is howling, a winter sound, but I have some windows open a crack to allow the spring smells in.

L
Old 04-09-2002, 10:23 PM   #20  

Hi lamorgan,

It's basically what I think, the ww approach allows me to eat a lot of food, and my supply never dropped so...it must be OK!

Did you nurse till your child was 3, like keeping a night or early morning feeding ? IT's the first time I nurse so long, don't know when I'll stop...when she wants, I guess !!!!!!

And yes, it'll be nice to have some sunshine. Today was quite ok 15 celsius, but rainy rainy rainy...

Good night!!!
Old 04-09-2002, 10:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Guys~ I am so sick of school!!!!!!!!!!! I am suffering from burn out Majorly! I just want this semester to be over and have some ME time.

Doing good otherwise. Trying to walk a mile every other night which is a huge difference from the 4 to 7 I was doing this time last year but making time for that isn't possible right now. Wish, I could make myself wake up early in the mornings and walk but I just can't manage right now.

Well, going to run!!!!!!!! Welcome Kelly!

Post soon,
Amy
Old 04-11-2002, 08:27 AM   #22  
Must Shrink.

Nursing... One of those chapters of my life that seems so long ago! Between 1990 and 1995 I was a La Leche League leader, and my third child is the one I call my LLL baby. I fully intended on nursing him forever, and sleeping with him forever etc. Did the whole natural-mom thing, and I don't regret it but I didn't have the same mind-set for the fourth baby. Third child nursed when he wanted, not in public though, and stopped when he forgot about it and didn't ask anymore. Some friends of mine would offer, but I chose to believe that if they forget, then it's a sign they are ready to wean. My first child nursed to 18 months, 2nd until age 2, 3rd for 3 years and 4th until 18 months again. The third child has been very challenging though, and was really close to me through a lot of moves back and forth across the country plus the deaths of my parents, so I think I clung to him as much as he clung to me! But by the time the fourth baby came along I was already reclaiming 'me' again, and knew that he would have yet a different kind of mom than the other 3 had had...

NOT on program this week. Menses due and I'm eating everything within reach, it seems. But bought a wonderful new WW cookbook on the weekend:
Versatile Vegetarian, and it is wonderful! Can't wait to get some food in the house so I can use it!

Lois the Hot Cross Bun Lump.
Old 04-12-2002, 10:51 AM   #23  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

My life is upsidedown right now, but what is everyone else's excuse? Check out my latest diary entry if you are curious. I am completely confused. And only one real life person knows anything about it. And since she just got married, I don't want to burden her. I sure could use some divine guidance right now!!!!
Old 04-12-2002, 12:51 PM   #24  

Sorry I been MIA alot this week I just havent been able to gather many thoughts this week I guess..The nicer weather gets me a bit tired sometimes when it should be the oppisite.. I blame the whole change the clocks ahead thing myself ..
I am down a whole pound so I am a bit excited about that.. My antibotics are making me sick all week so instead of calling to complain when it first started I called yesterday so now I have to take a whole nother prescription of antibiotics which I will pick up today..
I talked to my landowners wife and I asked her what was going to happen should he pass away ( should?? she said..he is !!she said) Anyway I asked her if when he passes if we had to move .She said "h*ll NO what made you think that??" I couldnt tell her that ever since she told me he was dying I havent been able to sleep at night.. I also apologized for asking such a unpolite question knowing what she is going thru.. Well since i have gotten that question answered I stopped waking up in the middle of the night in fear of being homeless.. Now my body wants to recover all the lost sleep ..
FLOWER Hope everything gets right side up for you soon..I didnt read your diary (even though you said we could) but I can feel you are going thru one heckuva time just by the words you posted. I am sure your divine guidance is being sent your way and you will feel it soon ..
LaMorgan Your talk of rhubarb made me think of when I was little.. The lady next door used to grow it , and everyday when I delivered her paper to her she used to give me a stalk of it to eat (yep just raw and washed) said it was real good for me.. To be honest I thought the stuff was too sour but so not to offend her I ate it anyway..Said it had good enzymes (sp?) to keep me healthy..Back then anything nasty tasting was supposedly good for you,(also back then I was 8 and I didnt know what a enzyme was and didnt ask )
Wildfire Hope your DD arm is getting better .I wont comment on the care you and DD received about that arm.. It wouldnt be very nice.. I can say that everyone here is almost 100% DD is all better and up to the same old sh*t as before and DH is doing about 85% better but he still has a little lingering due to his IBS, DS he is gradually getting better but now he is just going thru Nintendo64 withdrawls ( I wont rent new games till both kids learn to be good to each other )
Kelly25 Nope it wasnt your yard I was talking about .. I am sure you didnt have to fill 11 yard waste buckets to find the ground.. But guess what I missed a huge spot that will require two more buckets . Good thing the buckets were emptied out yesterday.. You moved from France to Canada??? That was a bit of a trip I bet ..I am STILL not fully settled in from my move from one town to another in the same state!!! At least now I know I can finish unpacking and setting up , but I will wait till he passes since I know that the hammering and moving stuff will be disruptive for a person who is sleeping on the other side of the wall behind my headboard..
Amyjo I am sure you will make it thru the semister ( when does it end??)
Eydie Good luck this year on your garden.. I cant plant one at my new place so I guess I am stuck with buying my veggies..I didnt know that my "backyard " was made of 80% concrete but after cleaning up the yard debris I found it..
Well all I will end here since I need to get some stuff done .. I will try to check back with yall but if I dont I will talk to you all on Monday !!
Take care and if I cant get back hope you all have a great weekend!!!!
Sheila
Old 04-13-2002, 02:05 AM   #25  

Default Newbie

Dear Alternaladies,

My friend Lindsay actually told me about you all and I am surprised to find the thread still here!

Sheila welcomed me from my "Lesbians" thread and I would like to join your group. I have almost 100 pounds to lose and have just started getting into it for real. I hope that I can join you all.

Kieryne
Old 04-13-2002, 09:17 AM   #26  
Hot Stuff

Hi Kieryne! Of course you are welcome to join us! We're glad to have you. Where is Linds these days? Tell her we miss her!

Sheila, good to hear your home won't be uprooted by the unfortunate situation with your landlady. I'm sure she appreciates all the work you're doing in the yard. Good to hear everyone is on the mend!

Amyjo, do you get any kind of break between semesters?

My daughter's arm is better. It wasn't broken, just painful. The swelling is going down and the bruise is starting to fade.

I was up until midnight last night painting her room. She's picked a medium blue with yellow accents, but in an Oriental theme....her bedding is shades of blue with yellow Oriental symbols on it. We bought wooden roll-up blinds for the windows, a seagrass rug that we are going to stencil symbols on, a wicker chair and footstool and some accessories from IKEA. I'm just having a cup of tea before I tackle the second coat of blue paint. Hubby was quite impressed that I bought a masonry drill bit to install the blinds (we have to drill into concrete) AND that I bought the right size. He forgets that I was quite capable of surviving on my own before he came along. I'm the one who gets dragged out of Home Depot....I could wander in there for hours....the possibilities are endless! Saw some really neat indigo blue frosted glass lamps that would be great in my daughter's room....

Well, those walls aren't going to paint themselves! Sometime today I want to try out my new Yoga for Weight Loss video. I'll let you know what I think of it.

Hi to flower, Eydie, Lamorgan, kelly, Punkin, ruthie, and anyone I might be missing!
Old 04-13-2002, 12:41 PM   #27  

Hey Guys!

Thursday I was going to cut half of my Psych class to take my oldest dog to the vet, to get her eyes checked. Well got her bathed and to the vet and by the time I got home I had the absolute worst headache I have had in over a year. SO, instead of going to either of my classes I washed a couple of loads of clothes and slept.

Friday, The headache was still here and I thought I would feel much better if I could just cut my head off. That didn't work either so I started in on the sinus medicine... releif was found... but then I had to go to work. I worked from 7P to 12A and came home. They tried to get me to work this weekend too. I told them NO!!!!!!!!! Be proud that was really hard for me to do. So this is the first weekend I have had off in 4 weeks and with the extra day off from school even though all I did was sleep I am starting to feel human again.

WF- Yes I have almost 4 weeks in between Spring and Summer semester, which is going to be a lot of ME time. I am sure I will work but not that much! I plan on taking a couple of days and going to my Grandparents in Birmingham, and maybe conning DH into a few days in New Orleans! With out the kids maybe.

Welcome kieryne! We always like new faces!

I have had a couple of really bad food days! Didn't take in that many calories but the food was horrible for me, I just felt too bad to really care.

Well, since I have slacked the past two days and slept LATE today I need to get my rear in gear and do some house work and then some homework, I have two tests next week and a great deal of paper work due for the end of the semester.....

Just 3 more semesters to go!!!!!

YEAH ME!

Hugs to all,
Amy
Old 04-14-2002, 10:46 AM   #28  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

There is nothing like listening to someone else's problems to put your life in a new perspective.... Maybe life isn't so bad after all. ~flower
Old 04-14-2002, 02:26 PM   #29  

Flower ~ Hey, had a chance to read your diary. I understand where you are coming from. It is one of those, scratch your head and wonder things. I have felt the same way at many times in my life, most of the time it was a grass is greener thing for me. I will be sending you good vibes! Hope all works out for the best.

Sending you a cyber "hug"!!!!! HUGSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy
Old 04-15-2002, 12:21 PM   #30  

Hi everyone
Hope everyones weekend was good..
Welcome Kieryne!!!!!!!! Glad to see you found us.. We are awesome people if I do say so myself...

Well my landowners husband passed away on Sunday.. I didnt know until this morning I was reading the newspaper and read his obituary..Keep in mind I was home alll day yesterday except when I went to the park w/dh and son.. DD was at her friends house..This whole thing feels a bit strange cause I really didnt think he would go that quickly.. He was a die hard sports fan I remember I commented once when he said well he will live to see the Patriots win the super bowl, good ,I said , I guess your gonna be around a longggg time then cause the patriots havent won a SuperBowl in a long time..
Anyway she called me this morning as well and told me about his passing ,still took me a minute to understand he is gone..Now I BARELY know these people beleive it or not we share the same building and backyard ,we just never see each other . When it all calms down I will let her know if she needs anything done or the like to let us know..Right now she has alot of people over and I dont want to disturb their greiving process.As for funeral services they are set for Tuesday where as I have younger children I dont know if I will be able to attend the wake.. Then again would that be approprate since I barely know them??But as their tenants wouldnt that be expected?? I dont know I have till tomorrow to think of the best thing to do in this case..
Anyway enuf of that downer venting...... I did do something good for myself this weekend .. Like I said I went to the park with DH and Ds and we walked around the entire pond .. Of course I took pics as I walked like I always do .. I am thinking of maybe starting an online album of my pics that I take of all the different things I capture with that camera..I was hoping to see the baby ducklings but I dont think they are hatched yet.. Saw a whole lot of the ducks though and a few new ducks swimming in there as well.. How could I tell they are new?? Simple these were a different type of duck .. That pond is usually paired off couples of Mallards ( I think) the new ones were wood ducks..Anyway one of these days I want to get a pedometer(sp?) so I can actually see how far that trail is.. I been walking it for years ever since I was 8, so to me it doesnt seem that long but according to DH it is about 2 miles maybe more.. I could always find out by asking the parks and recreation office they are in the process of redoing the trails and setting up marked trails ..(Funny I never needed them marked I used to like playing hide and seek in there I never got lost..) I know those trails better then the back of my hand.. (Who really studies the back of their hand anyway )
Wildfire Hubbys always think it is amazing that the wives can think for themselves and for them at the same time.. About 5 years ago we lived in an apartment that was all concrete walls and floors (no it wasnt the state prison but I guarantee you that they are the ones that thought up the plans) What those apartments USED to be were housing for the military and their spouses with bombshelters in the basements of each building.. (they actually still keep them as bombshelters for that area) Anyway my hubby tried to drill the walls with a regular bit, after 3 drill bits I had made one phone call and had mansonary bits brought to the house within 5 minutes.. He then said to me well why didnt you do that before I started to drill, I told him because I am not the one drilling and you said that you didnt need my help!!! ( I remember the date this happened July 1st 1997, two days before my scheduled Csection and I know there was NO way I would be able to drill that when I get back from having DS..) By the way , your DD bedroom sounds GREAT.. We are trying to decorate our bedroom in a Chinese look .. Once things calm down next door I will be more comfortable to finish setting up my room..
Well I best end here for now since I been booted twice off my ISP service... Gotta love Bluelight.com .. I am going to go thru all the pics I took yesterday and decide which are good enough to keep and save .. Then maybe decide to start a little album online so I can show my online relatives and friends..
Take Care
Sheila
Closed Thread