Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7.5"

All the above info. is great...
Might I add one more thing~
If you say & think 'I can't make it',or
'I can't do it'...
then your probably right.
I wish you well in your decision.
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #17  
Workin' It

BlessedBe -
I ran into the same thing you have - a few days into the counting calories I felt run down and exhausted, and got really down on the whole program. Made me a pretty unpleasant person to be around. My SIL said the same thing happened to her. I don't know if mine was caused by what I was eating or if I was just annoyed at skipping things I found myself suddenly craving. I did tweak the diet a little, and just kept plugging away at it. I feel much better now and am glad I stuck with it.

You can do it!

(Love the avatar pic - I saw him in November when he came to Atlanta. Just had a feeling this would be the last tour...)

-Shannon
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedBe View Post
That peanut butter thing was just that one time. I wanted to finish the jar and needed some more calories for that day. That won't be happening again, I assure you. same with that stuffed sandwich. I had one left and ate it. They weren't very good, and looking on there at the stuff in it I won't be getting them again. same with the Campbells soup. I may still have the Amy's now and then, but hers are less sodium and such. But most of the stuff on the first day I won't be having again. That day is what shocked me about how much of what I was eating.
Hi there - I know you've said a lot more things but these two sort of popped out at me 'cause I saw an old behavior of mine in there. Finishing off something. Sometimes "so it won't go to waste" and sometimes "because it's the last one" can end up being a real trap that can derail us big time. One of my biggest problems was leftovers - if there were "only a few bites" it just didn't seem worth the trouble of putting it in a baggie and, heaven forbid, I should *waste* it by throwing it out . Even things that I wasn't eating but had fixed for DH.

It wasn't the easiest thing but I got past that habit by using the first (and maybe best) piece of advice I got when I first started hanging out at 3FC: Plan, plan, plan. If it wasn't in my plan for the day, even 4 bites of leftover pasta either went into the fridge or the trash. Even the healthy stuff like veggies. Can't tell you how many times I stood there in the kitchen with a forkful of something poised half way to my mouth arguing with myself but it got easier each time I resisted until now it rarely even crosses my mind.

If you take things one step at a time and are really ready to make a commitment to healthier eating, it really will happen!
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #19  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

*laughs* Oh, leftovers aren't a real problem around here. I still live with my parents. My dad will eat almost anything, except the "healthy" stuff I buy. He doesn't like it if it doesn't have refined sugar, hyrogenated oils, or fats. Plus, I have to have my meals different from what they eat. So my stuff tends to be small portions anyway. Most leftovers here are things I either don't like (fish, fried zuchinni) or won't eat as leftovers as I like them fresh better. I really just wanted to finish that PB and that sandwhich thing. The cans of soup I have left are going back to the store tomorrow. I won't eat them. And I feel a little better now than when I did when I started this thread. 10 minutes in the sun seemed to help some.

Last edited by BlessedBe; 08-07-2008 at 04:23 PM.
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote