Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

View Poll Results: What can I try?
post replies 0 0%
post new threads 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 04:04 PM   #1  

Thumbs up weight

Hi this is all new to me. I would like to lose weight. I eat a carb, protein cereal for breakfast, soup and a few crackers for lunch and a balanced dinner and a treat here and there but I am on the treadmill every morning for 40 min. and do two other machines as well. Since Jan. I have gained 10 Lbs, I know is mucle but when in the world will the scale go down?
Old 03-22-2002, 06:17 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

Are you losing inches? If so, don't worry about the number on the scale. What kind of snacks are you having? Do you have protein at every meal? Maybe you are not eating enough...this will cause your metabolism to slow down considerably. Be sure to have 3 balanced meals or break this down to 5 or 6 mini meals with a good mix of proteins, vegetables, fruits and complex carbohydrates. Great job on the exercise! Good luck to you!
Old 03-22-2002, 07:06 PM   #3  

Kat: I have lost maybe an inch or two but it's like it's stopped. I eat yogurt, cheese and fruit for snacks. My husband says don't stop. I'm not but it doesn't seem like much of a change for working at it for three months. I guess I thought I would have been in better shape by now. However my mom told me she had to feed me cultured milk as a baby and the doctor told her I would have more muscle then the average woman.You would think the muscle would pull the fat in faster.Any ideas for eating protien for snacks? By the way how are you doing? Have you made any of the recipes of this site yet. Take care hopr to talk to you again. Pink
Old 03-23-2002, 02:05 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Hi pink,

I have been a member of Weight Watchers for, well, it seems like forever, I keep stopping and starting! I had lost 49 lbs a few years ago, and it started to creep back on, so I'm back again, kind of. I try to follow the points system, but I'm not religious about weighing in and plunking down that $$$ each week!

One time during a lengthy plateau, my leader said to make sure that you are NOT undereating...alternate high and low point (or calorie, if you are not counting points) days. Be sure to get some fat in you diet...not a lot, but don't cut it out all together! Keep drinking that water and you will see the difference eventually!

Besides, what's the alternative? Imagine if you weren't doing all the good things that you do now? Keep at it...try on some clothes, see if you see a differnce there!

Keep me posted!

Good luck!
Closed Thread