Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 10:11 AM   #46  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all

I agree with you Amyjo, I was taught the same thing in nutrition (college) that if it had no caffeine, sodium or sugar it was essentially treated the same in your body as water.

A little news for me.... yesterday I decided to make a furry addition to my family!
My best friend's cat had kittens again and I told her from the day they were born "no, I have 2 from Demeter already, I don't want another" - my Luna and Stella are 5 months apart, both from this momma cat. Wellllll.... I saw these babies at 3 days old, then at 1 1/2 weeks old and my friend kept showing me one little calico with extra toes (momma cat throws polys) and well, she called to me, but I didn't say anything... until I realized that if she went to another home I'd be heartbroken. So I called my friend last night and told her that if no one has spoken for her that I want her. My friend didn't sound shocked or surprised - she just said "of course, she's yours". Sometimes I hate us witchy people for these extra talents to foresee things!

So now I have a baby to name.... any ideas?

Terri
Old 03-26-2002, 10:28 AM   #47  
Must Shrink.

Ohhhhhhh! A baby kitten.... Lucky, lucky, lucky!

When John and I were first married we had a kitten (Calico-tabby) we named Chelsea-Bun, since she was the colours of .... A Chelsea Bun! (We were young and cute-sy then.)

When do you get to bring her home?

The weather sucks. I'm not going out until spring comes. I'm on strike.

Off to bake some goodies for the kids ~ I'll pop back in later!

L
Old 03-26-2002, 11:01 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

LAM ~ I agree it is pouring cats and dogs here, normally I love the rain but today it is just making me really gray.

Punkin ~ Well, you have a moon, and a star(right?) what about the sun? or an another astological name? She is a pisces right? I have the same ole names for my animals - Salem (our cat from Heck), Smokie (sweetie cat), Precious (spastic dog), Pretty Girl (old, old collie) and then our multitudes of fish which are named but I will not bore you!

Got to get back to the school work!

Hugs,
Amy
Old 03-26-2002, 11:36 AM   #49  
Is it Friday yet?

LOL! Lamorgan, this will be my 3rd kitty in a year!!!! Luna will be 1 in May, Stella was born in October of last year and this little one was born in March.
My ex forbid me to have cats when we were together - I guess this is my letting loose my new-found freedom??

She's almost 2 weeks old, so I'll probably bring her home around the end of April or so??

I have looked for sun names - so far the only thing I've found that I kinda like is Atum (pronounced autumn?) a sun god. The kitty is a "she" but I donno'. The name that's been playing in my head is Mia (like my-uh), latin for 'mine'.

I'll keep you posted on "name that kitty!"

Terri
Old 03-26-2002, 01:35 PM   #50  

Default Good Afternoon

Well I decided that I wouldnt count the little bit of WW soda as anything I can say I had a total of 96 ounces of water yesterday.!!!!!!!
A new kitty huh?? Congrats on the new family mamber Punkin.. Sorry I cant help with names since Sun goddesses I have no knowledge on . I usually spend a little time with animals before I name them since to me the name has to fit the personality. I love cats but I cant have one right now.. I still have visitation rights to Bootsy ( that is the cat that adopted me at my moms house) I live in the city now so I am afraid to have to keep a cat from its instints like going outside ..
I did a good job staying on my so called diet yesterday.. I feel GREAT . Weird thing though I slept like a coma patient and I still cant fully wake up..
On the smoking thing I vowed to quit for my health yet This morning once again I lit up (like a daily routine thing ) Geez why cant I just stop and get on with it.. ??
Punkin have you talked to your friend about maybe having the Momma neutered?? Please dont think I am preaching but I see too many homeless kittys around , and I know that the shelters are full of adorable little fur balls.. Some have to be put to sleep due to the over population.. I am not saying this to be mean and cruel but cats are my weakness IF I could take them all in I would ..But cats do cost $$ to take care of and that is something that I am in short supply of so adopting every furball in the Northeast is not an option for me..
Well just three days till I can weigh myself.. Gosh the temptation is killing me.. I know I lost ,my slacks feel better on , but it could be just muscle forming.. I will see on Friday..
Talk to you soon Hope you all is having a good day
TAke Care
Sheila
Old 03-26-2002, 01:46 PM   #51  
deleted2

Punkinseed, lucky you with having kitten energy in your home soon! [Lucky kitty too!]
We have 4 old geriatric cats here and they're serene and dignified but they don't play much. I just love that little sideways dance that kittens do! And their little needle teeth and claws, and their fat little bellies---I better stop, I could talk myself into a kitten too easily!

Old 03-26-2002, 03:14 PM   #52  
Is it Friday yet?

Sheila, no you're not preachy. Believe me, I had been on my friend's case about getting Demeter fixed since this is her 3rd litter in 1 year. The main problem is money... the vet told her because of the numerous pregnancies that to spay Demeter it would be a bit over $100. My friend's husband has been out of work for the better part of 6 months, and she has to stay home with their handicapped son (they have a young daughter too). So, needless to say, spaying the cat is low on the list... Because almost all the babies come out poly they've ALL been able to find homes. She's even had people call her back months after adopting to find out if Demeter's going to have babies again soon. So for that she's blessed - not one of those babies have been unadoptable.
If I knew my friend would take the money I would give her the $100 to spay Demeter - but I know for a fact that her pride would stand in the way and she wouldn't accept the gift, even for her cat...

As for the kitty energy in the house... you bet. It's a bit like having children though. Stella, my baby, won't let me sleep once she's heard the alarm go off. She's like "ok, I heard the music - get up and pet me NOW!". They're all goofy cats. Stella also plays fetch and has learned how to reach up with her huge paws and catch her toys in mid-air. Does David Letterman still do stupid pet tricks??

Terri
Old 03-26-2002, 03:28 PM   #53  
Must Shrink.

My wild mama cat is in heat again... early spring (spring??) she goes into heat every 2 weeks or so, but last year she gave us at least 7 months with no howling... So we're hoping for the same this year. We don't know how old she is. Since we moved to this town nearly 4 years ago she has been an inside cat, although her babies (now all grown up and neutered) go out. It is nearly impossible to place kittens in the country, too many folks drop off their cats in town, to forage on their own. We have the cost of spaying mama cat working against us as well ~ over $200.00 since she won't be caught twice in a row I'm sure! We'd have to board her til her stitches could be taken out.

We have Smokey, Morris, Tipsy and B.J. all from wild mama, and old Buttons who is still a bit pissed about all these interlopers....

Kids were home half the day, due to the freezing rain this morning. The buses (my kids walk to school) couldn't make it so they dismissed the rest of the kids at lunchtime.

I am sipping sherry, listening to the rain whack against the window...

bye for now!

L
Old 03-27-2002, 07:30 AM   #54  

Default Morning All

Cant stay opn long just hope you have a great day and I will be thinking of yall today .. I will check in later today
Take Care
sheila
Old 03-28-2002, 08:16 AM   #55  
Must Shrink.

I'm going out for lunch today with my library co-workers! Maybe some french fries!! Yum.

(Bad Lois)

I hope everyone has a great long weekend.
Old 03-28-2002, 09:59 AM   #56  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning all....

No three day weekend here. ****, I didn't even know Friday was a holiday until one of our clients mentioned it... Guess I'll bring a book to work tomarrow!

Going to town tomarrow to check out a sale on KitchenAid standing mixers... the last thing on my taxes wish list since I do a lot of baking and my hands and wrists are shot from years as a massage therapist.

Nothing else much going on... tired and headachey today. I love the full moon but it does keep my cats active all night long...

Have a good day all!

Terri
Old 03-28-2002, 10:15 AM   #57  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I bought a home gym w/ my tax return. Chris is in the process of putting it together. We can get serious about getting in shape now!!!!!! ~flower
Old 03-28-2002, 01:21 PM   #58  
Must Shrink.

I bought a Kitchen-aid standing mixer 4 years ago and I love it. I use it all the time for mixing absolutely everything.

The sun is shining here and winter seems to be on the decline... Here's hoping.

:sheep:

The cats are sleeping on my kitchen porch in the sun...

L
Old 03-28-2002, 04:48 PM   #59  
Is it Friday yet?

Lamorgan - Can I ask how big your mixer is? My Dad's trying to talk me into the 6 qt monster mixer (like $330), but I don't see the point in spending the extra $130 if I don't need the size...

I wanted to let you guys know about a web site I found today.
www.usda.gov/cnpp - it's SO incredible.
You put in your food intake for the day and quantity and the site calculates everything - fat, calories, all the vitamins, fiber - everything! It also tells you how you did against the food pyramid and overall. You can store 20 days worth of food and compare from day to day. My stepfather even got into it!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 03-28-2002 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:40 PM   #60  

Hi all
Punkin I will have to bookmark that site.. I am always trying to guess some of the things that I eat in ways of the pyramid..

I dont have a stand up mixer yet.. It is something I want but dont actually NEED.. I have an electric mixer that I have had for a while but even that is getting dusty I dont use that much..
LaMorgan I love how th full moon just lights up the night.. I was wondering what you meant by long weekend I forgot about good friday (I know I am a bad bad Catholic ) I HOPE the bank is open Friday.. I need to deposit DH paycheck
FLOWER What kind of gym is it?? I have a Welder Total Gym 2000 resistance gym.. It is great I love it !! best Christamas gift I have ever gotten..
Today I bought an outfit to workout in.. Nothing I would get caught dead wearing in front of real people but my kids will have to deal with it..I also bought 12 20oz bottles of strawberry banana water at walmart.. Hopefully my kids wont get there grubby little hands on it..Got stay cool while perspiring to my tapes right?? Tomorrow is Friday I get to weigh myself!! seems like a lobng time between weigh ins..I will pray to the scale gods for a good scale reading..LOL
Take Care talk soon
Sheila
Closed Thread