Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default How often do you Weigh-in?

I mainly just had a question. How often do most of you weigh yourself?

I am trying not to weigh myself until June 27th because that will be 1 month since I started my journey. I feel as if I weigh myself daily that can flucuate to much and get me discouraged.

So I was wondering how often others weigh themselves, Daily, weekly, monthly?

Which do you find is the best method to go about as well?

Kayhm0711
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

I weigh myself daily (always keeping water flucuations in mind) just to see what my body is doing, and so I can think about what I ate the day before. Sometimes I go a few days without weighing in. As long as I know I'm OP and exercising, then I know I'm being good!
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #3  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

when i first started i used to weigh evrey day .... like after evrey meal , and that just depressed the **** out of me ... i literally drank some water and then got on the scale ..... like for instance yesterday i had a big tumbler of water after lunch and i decided to weigh myself ( im supposed to be 248 ) imagine how great i felt after getting on only to see that i balloned up to 249 in the time between before breakfast to lunch time .... not to happy so my husband weighed me last night ( at 249 ) and he hid the scale , he'll weigh me again next wensday, maybe someone should weigh you weekley and hide the scale from you in between that time , that way you wont obsess over weighing in ....
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Hiding the scale.

Well I don't actually have a scale at my house, but my dad lives next door to me and he has a scale and I was always going over there to weigh myself like everyday. Funny thing you mentioned hiding the scale because I asked him to hide it the other day for me. If I know it's over there it's so tempting to go over a take a peak so my dad hid it from me over the weekend. I have been kinda thinking about it, but I just know I gotta move on, it's not always about pounds its Inches too
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/160/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayhm0711 View Post
I mainly just had a question. How often do most of you weigh yourself?

I am trying not to weigh myself until June 27th because that will be 1 month since I started my journey. I feel as if I weigh myself daily that can flucuate to much and get me discouraged.

So I was wondering how often others weigh themselves, Daily, weekly, monthly?

Which do you find is the best method to go about as well?

Kayhm0711

I actually find it encouraging to wight myself every morning. I've lost consistently so I guess I've been lucky but I find it that when I lose even .4 lbs I tell myself "well that was easy I can so make that .6 or .8 lbs. I couldn't wait a whole month! I can barely wait the day. I agree that you should keep water weight in mind, but I recommend going on a least once a week to see how you're doing, stay on track. If you do go up a bit, don't beat yourself up over it, just think of what you can do differently or what would have caused you to go up (and cut it out).
blanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

I shoot for every 7 to 10 days, but my scales don't measure between .5 differences.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/194/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Ugh...every day.

This is going to sound awful, but i weigh myself every day. I can't help it...it's almost obsessive/compulsive. At least I stopped weighing myself at night...that was causing me some pretty depressive moments.
I went out and bought this scale that measures body fat %, water %, muscle % and BMI (along with weight) and now, more than being obsessed with my weight, I'm very concerned about my water. They say you should be at 50% water...no matter how much I drink I can't break 42%. I love this scale...but at times I wonder how accurate it can be...afterall its measuring this stuff through your feet!
At any rate its given me something to focus on besides my weight...my muscle % has been increasing at least (by 10ths of percents...but it still something.)
SwimJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #8  
Low GI

Height: 5'4

I weigh myself daily
freyabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #9  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I weigh in daily, many times morning and night. I keep in mind the fluctuations water and food intake can cause and don't beat myself up over anything. I use the numbers as motivation to stay on track with exercise, and to watch my sodium!
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I weigh myself about every other day or so. It's rather on the frequent side of things, however I always keep fluctuations and such in mind during the process. I'd go crazy if I waited a month to weigh myself, because I'd worry the whole time that if I was doing something wrong, I'd miss it. :/

~Rina
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

I think I am a bit weird with that. I weigh myself every day but it is only the Monday morning's weight that counts for me. So, why don't I do it just once a week? It makes me wonder now.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #12  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

At the end of each month, i.e. on the 30th or 31th. I used to weigh myself on the 15th as well and I decided not to. Once a month is good enough for me. I honestly don't know how other chicks deal with the little daily fluctuations, I think it would drive me crazy or it would annoy at least.
I also get weighed (at the end of the month) at my gym where they have the scale that uses impedance to measure the % of fat, muscle, etc. That is the best indicator for me how I am progressing. Honestly, I am not tempted at all to jump on the scale more often.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 167 / 162 / 135 GOAL

Height: 5'7

I think I'm going to try to weigh myself daily for a while and see how that works... weekly is too far and imbetween for me and i think seeing the number on the scale daily will help to keep me focused more. The month is tempting too but I'd really have to set a strickt plan for myself. I'm not oo sure if the month is for me but I'm definetly going to switch from weekly to daily to see if that can help swiften things up!
JoDolce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:12 AM   #14  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I weigh once a week, on Friday mornings. I measure my waist every Thursday. I can not allow my self to pick up another obsessive compulsion. Also, women, (especially premenopausal) weight fluctuates entirely too much, to be accurate daily. I find daily weighing for me is just a bad set up for depression. I know if I stay on my plan, I WILL loose each week. If I eat ham today, I'll be up a pound in fluid retention tomorrow. I don't need that aggravation!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #15  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I record my weight weekly, and sometimes check other days. I did a test of daily weighing and it was crazy with the ups and downs.
Nothing wrong with weighing daily if you don't let those ups and downs throw you off track.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote