Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 03:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!
Thanks gemini for the tips on my grass. Or I should say "future grass" seeing how it isn't even planted yet. I never thought about using a rake. We could definitely go that route. Do you have to cover it up when you are done??
Right now it's pouring down rain. No sunshine today. My burn is lightening up but still smarts on my chest. I was the only one who got burned. Nobody else did. Strange huh? But that's ok. As long as I am not bright red tomorrow I'll be fine.
I'm doing ok today. Really craving some fast food but seeing how I have no car and am stuck at home I won't get any so I'm not worried about blowing my diet on it. I had left over pasta this morning for breakfast and am now about to have a healthy choice meal for lunch. (I'm feeling a little lazy in the cooking department today for some reason) But I do plan on having a healthy dinner too. I'm marinading some chicken breasts in a roasted garlic marinade and then baking them and having some potatoes or rice, I haven't decided yet on the side and of course a good helping of vegatbles. But then again... I may not cook at all and have a sandwich or something. I just feel tired today.
My weekend will be full too. We have a two day assembly to attend this weekend. So we leave early in the morning and get home late at night. But we always look forward to them. We are taking our lunch so I know I will eat right for breakfast and lunch these next couple of days. But we usually eat out for dinner so I'm hoping that I make wise choices. But I'll try to post if we happen to get home at a decent hour.
How is everyone else's day going?
Old 03-16-2002, 08:39 AM   #32  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Just a quick check in here. How is everyone doing? It's pouring the rain here. Hope everyone is geat and staying OP. Happy St Patty's day! I'll be back with you girls on Monday.
Misty
Old 03-16-2002, 04:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Watch out for all that green beer, Bailey's Irish Cream, cheesecake & corned beef, it really puts on the pounds! I'm going to make corned beef & cabbage tomorrow & will skip the remainder of the above. I've been pretty good staying OP & rode my bike just about everyday for 60 min. or more. I sometimes forget that I'm 'peddlin when I'm surfing the web!

Well, dd is really bored & wants my attention, so I better close for now. Again, have a Happy St. Patrick's Day & enjoy the rest of your weekend. Tomorrow is the day that we reveal how we did with the challenge! I just might make it!!
One more question: What holiday/date should we use for our next challenge? Easter is too close & I'm not sure if you all want a long....challenge set for Memorial Day. Let's decide, okay? Erin Go Brah! (sp?)
Old 03-16-2002, 10:09 PM   #34  

Talking Hi jakie

Jakie sorry it's taking me so long to reply to your message.I'm still
learning how this website works.I'm not very good on a computer.
Anyways about how girls look in Wyoming everybody I see seems
to be average size between maybey 9 thru 14 in size. I just started my diet 9 days ago todayWhen I started I weighed 182 now i'm down to 170 very exicited about that because exercising and eating healthy is very challenging for me as I know
it is for everybody.I've been corrosponding with 3fatchicks post
that's why I have'nt wrote you back.Iget kinda lost sometimes of
were to go on this website as far as checking my mail and finding
people who reply's to me.Any how I'm going to Arozonia next saturday and I want to lose ten more pounds so if anyone has any secrets please tell me.We can all use different ideal on losing
weight. i'm glad I found this website it's been really great as far
as support with weightloss goes.Well I guess that's all for now
keep me posted I love to hear from anyone and willing to listen
and give advice if I can.Have a great weekend.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:49 AM   #35  

Hi Angel!

Welcome, and I'm glad that you found our thread! I was wondering what happened to you! I replied to your private message that you sent me, but had no other way to contact you to see if you received it! Congratulations on your 12# loss! Doesn't it feel good to see such an accompishment? Thanks for your answer to my question about the size of women in Wyoming. I feel relieved!! To the rest of you: A few years ago I went to California for vacation & returning home, our plane made a stop @ Phoenix, AZ airport.
While there, a guy came up to me & asked me if I was from Wyoming. I said no & he then replied, Oh!, you look like you're from Wyoming! All this time I was wondering what he meant by this comment. He approached me while I was @ the food court & I had a large piece of carrot cake on my tray & thought that by what I selected, he didn't view me as a "small" person. I'm relieved to know now, that the size of women in WY are about average & that I was in the "average" category. Well, I have to get ready for church, so I'll close for now. Angel: Feel free to stop again @ our thread, you'll feel right at home with these gals!
Old 03-17-2002, 12:48 PM   #36  

Unhappy

Well, I didn't make it to my St. Patrick's day challenged goal. Matter of factly, I gained 2.5# since yesterday! It c/b due to TOM, popcorn/pizza or...hopefully from muscle building up under my fat layer! Gotta get going now! TTFN
Old 03-17-2002, 10:33 PM   #37  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Thumbs down I'm back

A bit early. It was a nice weekend. We were busy. I teach Sunday school for the toddlers and we were putting togther a little play about Spring. Tonight was the last night. They were all adorable. I have some really great kids.
I did 15 miles on the bike tonight. It was great. I hope to do 20 tomrrow. I haven't been staying OP. I'm going to go back to low cal I think. Low Carbs is killing me. I really gave it my best girls. Hope you don't think less of me. I grow a garden and enjoy eating what I grow. I love fruits and vegis. I guess I will have to buck up and just cut the calories hard and work out even harder.
Jackie you sound great. Keep up the good work and don't let the gain get you down. I always gain 5# during TOM. Keep peddling! I'm up for Memorial day. what kind of mark should we put on it? Everyone pick their own?
Spryng, how was the seminar? How did your hair come out? I've always wanted to dye mine.
Welcome wnt2bthinner make yourself at home. This is a wonderful bunch of gals.
Where's Ginny? Did the sleep over do her in?
Sheila and gemini how did you do with the challenge?
I'll post my results tomorrow.
Nighty Nite Gals!
Old 03-18-2002, 09:42 AM   #38  
hangin' in there...

Hey girls...

Just a few quick words before I'm off to peddle pounds away.
I'm happy to report that I beat my St. Patty's Day challenge goal by losing an additional 2lbs, bringing my overall total to 11lbs.

A Memorial Day challenge sounds good to me. That is almost 2 months away, so I will have to think long and hard to come up with a goal.

Hope everyone is well. I will write more later. Now off to get the babe in for a nap so I can pedlle before picking ds up from school.

Talk soon...
Old 03-18-2002, 10:58 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone!
Sorry I didn't get a chance to post all weekend long. The assembly wiped me out pretty good. We'd get home and I'd play with the kids and then send them to bed so that I could crash too. I really enjoyed it but am equally glad it's over, you know? The first day the kids gave a us a run for our money. It's just so hard for 1 and 2 year olds to sit for 6 hours. So we got up alot to walk them around and let them stretch their legs. Yesterday my dd (the 2 year old) did fantastic. She didn't have to get up once. I did get her up once because she was being so good to reward her with a walk (plus my butt was hurting from sitting so long) my son on the other hand was awful. He didn't want to sit for 5 minutes. My dh did ALOT of walking with him. But after lunch I put him to sleep and we enjoyed the rest of the assembly with him alseep in my arms. So all in all in was hard but enjoyable. We have another in May. A three day convention. That should be challenging.
OK, enough about that. I'm trying to avoid the question of how I did for the challenge. Well, I didn't make it. I weighed in this morning and it said 136. A four lb gain!! I know some of it's water because I ate alot of food with tons of sodium in them this weekend. But still. To me a gain is a gain. And I'm not happy about it but then again I'm not beating myself up about it. I wore a size 6 dress to the assembly that fit perfectly and that was all that mattered. But today I will try to eat things that will help flush my system out and I'm sure I'll see the scale move down tomorrow. But I didn't make the challenge. But I am definitely up for the next one. I'm ready to get these last few lbs off!! So give me a date girls and I'm ready.
Misty- don't worry about low carb not working for you. It's a great diet as far as losing fast but hard to stay on. Not realistic when you love fruit and vegtables so much. For me the pasta always did me under. Just try low cal again and I'm sure you'll be fine. It worked great for you before.
Congrats Gemini on the 11 lb loss! That's very encouraging for me to hear. Keep up the good work!!
Oh, misty, my hair came out great! I just love it!! It was darker than I expected (the color is golden light brown) it's that new loreal Open brand. But the color is so pretty. I got lots of compliments. My dh really likes it. It's more of my natural color anyway and I like that I don't have to bleach my hair out first to get the result. Just one box and I'm done. It's really pretty. I'm going to stick with this for awhile. You've never dyed your hair?? That suprises me. I thought every woman has at least once. I don't know many people with thier natural color anymore unless they are kids. That is so neat. What is your hair color??
Jackie, don't feel bad about your gain. I'm right here with you. We'll take it off together ok??
Well, I need to eat breakfast. I'll check in later! Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-18-2002, 12:31 PM   #40  

Unhappy

Hi Everyone
This weekend is now over thank god!!!! My DD had her Bday party I had to buy a 1/4 sheet cake and only 2 of her invited friends showed.. I admit I did awfu this time .. I had a toothache due to a filling loss so I have been taking Tylenol3 to dull the pain then I took a look in the mirror and it threw me for loop.. I ended up eating 4 peices of cake over the weekend (It is all gone now so it wont be there anymore)
Spryng I have colored my hair ONCE only because I had a hairdresser do it.. My hair is past my behind so I cant do it by myself.. I wish I could since due to my Native American ansestry I have been dealing with grey hair since I was 16 I am now about 60% grey and I am only 33 (will be 34 in June) I will have to give it a try but I forgot what my natural color looks like its been sooo long since I have seen more dark brown then grey..I might just try mahogany since I do remember some auburnish reddish in my hair once.. LOL
Due to not having a scale at this time ( my has been destroyed) I can not tell what I did .. I hope I didnt gain due to my stupity this weekend
Easter is too close for me to try to do a challenge.. Memorial Day does sound good to me though..
WELCOME WNT2BTHINNER You will get the hang of this site in no time..It is great here..
Well I am going to get some stuff done ( food shopping) maybe I will feel better about stuff once I get out of the house a bit
Take Care
Sheila
Old 03-18-2002, 08:04 PM   #41  

Red face I FEEL LAZY

Hey girls,I feel lazy today it's taken me all day just to do the basic cleaning and pack alittle for my trip.Were leaving either Friday night or early Saturday morning.I'm not sure if I told you girls here but i'm going to Arozonia to see my dad which is o.k.(long story about that)but I am very excited about seeing my sisters.
Which I have'nt seen in about 3 years.I did poorly on my diet last
night.I'm trying not to eat after 7pm but my husband was gone all weekend to guard and we stayed up last night and played monopoly.So of coarse I had to eat because that's a never ending
game (by the way I won)but lost in the eating area..Well
maybey i'll feel better tomorrow and I can get back on track well good luck to everybody and thanks for the welcome .
ANGEL
Old 03-18-2002, 11:31 PM   #42  
burned out bus driver

Pfewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!
Well, I survived a weekend with 6 12/13 year old boys. Actually it was 24 hours. But my one lone brain cell..........it is having a tough time huffing and puffing all by itself!!!!!
And on that happy note, I will start up thread # 37. See ya there!!!!!!!!
And Welcome Angel!
Ginny
Closed Thread