Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #16  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

something postive here for you! i was just taken off of blood pressure medication! i got off it through diet and exercise!! exercise is a great stress reliever! put yourself into your workouts 100% to reduce stress! i can totally relate to the money issues my husband is currently unemployed and its rough! i just have faith and believe that our needs will be taken care of, as yours will be as well!

also just a side note--i see you are from texas! where is texas are you? i am in the fort worth area!!

Last edited by BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly; 03-21-2008 at 09:29 PM.
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Debimitch-No I haven't taken any of those kinds of medications and I very rarely do since I'm one of those people that if I do take those then I typically have some reaction to it that's not too pleasant whether it be dizziness or being very very sluggish. And I don't get colds, I typically get sinus infections and respiratory infections and due to my asthma I go to the doctor for prescriptions whenever I am sick.

JayEll- No he didn't re take my blood pressure after 15 minutes and just said he would do it on Tuesday at our next appointment. So if it's high again I'm going to get a blood pressure monitor and just start doing a journal of sorts and I'm sure my personal trainer will want me to go to the doctor. If he didn't recommend that then I would be concerned about his knowledge/credentials and ability to be a GOOD personal trainer. But he's already been very helpful in telling me what to do to improve my weight loss to go faster since I've been losing on average about .25 to 1/2 a pound each week. Apparently I was not burning off enough calories just walking on the treadmill without an incline. He informed me that I would really burn a lot of calories a lot faster in a short period of time if I used a decent incline during my work outs and I can already tell the difference lol..since I am a tad bit sore.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly- Thanks for posting about that. That's great for you! I'm positive with the help of my personal trainer and doing monthly appointments with him that if I do get put on blood pressure medication that it will be just for the short term. Sorry to hear about your husband being unemployed that must really suck for you guys. I totally agree about exercise being a stress reliever especially since I suffer from depression and it really does help it and I have found that I am starting to look forward to going and working out since I am starting to consider it like my "ME" time. I'm in the Dallas area of Texas myself.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 03-22-2008 at 12:52 AM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #18  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

dallas! well darn! close but not quite close enough, thought maybe would could be workout partners! LOL! wel good luck to you! you can do it!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Since you only recently had your blood pressure checked by a doctor, I'd be a little suspicious of the number your trainer got. That's a pretty good jump in a short amount of time. What's his training in taking BP's? How old is his equipment? Was it a digital reading or did he use the old method of putting a stethoscope under the arm wrap and counting it manually?

I'd check it at a local pharmacy before I got too worried about it.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #20  

BP now is considered normal at no more than 120/80 my doctor says, but remember that is very close to going over. One of the simpliest ways to lower blood pressure is to get sodium out of your diet. My husband has end stage renal failure so we use no sodium, no prepackaged foods, and are very careful. His renal failure was caused by a medication he had to take, not high blood pressure. Without even trying, my blood pressure dropped nearly 20 points and the doctor told me I had to put a little sodium back in my diet because it was getting too low. My husband has chronically low blood pressure and takes medication to raise it. Losing just 10% of your current weight will also do wonders.

Getting new glasses will not fix the problem. If your vision is being affected by BP, only reducing your BP will help your vision.

You might check around and see if you have free clinic in your area where you could get it checked. Our fire station paramedics check it free also on Saturdays and many drug stores have machines for free.

Keep up your good work. Walking is one of the very best exercises. You don't have to go to an expensive gym.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:36 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Robin41-He took it with a digital monitor so..But I'm much calmer now and am going to wait until Tuesday for my next blood pressure reading. If it's high again I'll be buying my own so I can monitor it at home myself. Or like you said checking it at the pharmacy which is what I'll probably do since that's free.

QuilterinVA- I know getting new glasses will not correct the problem if I do in fact have high blood pressure and that's what my vision changes are coming from. I'm having difficulty seeing at night again while driving already anyways so that's why I'm going to the eye doctor as well just to make sure. That's amazing your blood pressure dropped 20 points just by doing that. I really do not have sodium in my diet from prepackaged foods since I do not eat very much of those. Everything I have basically to eat has to be cooked from scratch and it's cheaper to buy those types of foods which is why I buy them and to me they just taste better and I often feel more full on actually less. Thanks very much for the encouragement. I'm looking forward to posting a 10 percent loss on here.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 03-23-2008 at 04:37 AM.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote