Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #16  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita420 View Post
I make sure my scale it put on the exact same spot on my bathroom floor every time and then I step on it two to three times to make sure I'm getting the right number.

I am going to remember the Tanita scale since so many are bragging about it for when I need to replace mine.
Exactly! And not on soft surfaces like carpet or in the cracks on tiled floors. Also watch out for bathroom floors near the sink, toilet, or tub were water damage has softened the ground.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 175/152/148

Height: 5'7

I am soooooooooo glad I am not the only one with this problem. I specifically did this search to find out if others were having the same problem. My husband thinks I am nuts!

Today I weighed myself after "going #1" and I weighed the same as I did b4 I went to bed last night. (158.8) I then weighed myself w/several bottles of shampoo and lotion and it increased to 160.6. I then reweighed myself w/out my toiletries and I was down to 153.4. I stepped right back on the scale and it read 158.6. What the heck??!?!!!??! I would love to take the 153.4 reading, but in my heart I don't think it is correct, nor do I think I am at 158.6!!?!?!?

I am going to take your suggestions and remove my scale to a firm flat surface. Maybe my tile is at an uneven level for an accurate read. I feel like I am becoming obsessed with the reading of my scale and it is driving me cookoo!
Baskgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #18  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I've often wondered if my bathroom (tile) floor was causing my scale to go bonkers. Now after reading all your responses, I feel almost certain that's the cause.

However... I weighed this morning & got a nice 178 reading... which means I'm down 4 pounds... & I don't wanna mess with the scale gods because of that! (Then again, my doc scales said I weigh 190... so phhhhttttt! )

Also, my home scale is NOW "missing" 160 and 200. All the other numbers show up fine. Wonder waddup widdat???
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:27 AM   #19  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

My suggestion would be to not worry about the difference in numbers, but to instead...get that scale outta the bathroom!

If you're tempted to jump on it everytime you have to, ummm, go, it's going to hamper weightloss moreso than help. Stick it in a closet and pull it out once a week or less.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

I step on and off several times before I actually believe what the scale tells me.
Sorry about your frustration tho.
K2BMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #21  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
For what it's worth, when I weigh-in, I usually step on and off the scale a few times. I generally get 2 or 3 different numbers--once I get a number that comes up consistently, I go with that one

I either do this or I AVERAGE the weights i do get...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #22  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Ladies, puleeeeeze stop jumping on and off the scale!!

For heavens sake, weigh ONCE, record the weight, and be done with it! Scales are only accurate within a few percent anyway. Gosh, you look like a bunch of jumping jacks out there!

Now if you applied that much precision to ounces of food or portion sizes...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #23  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Gosh, you look like a bunch of jumping jacks out there!
That counts as exercise, right?
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #24  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Ha! We need to add it to FitDay etc. "Stepping on and off scale" Should we list it by number of times on and off? Say, 3 calories each? It would be like step aerobics... And we could alternate feet.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #25  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Ha! We need to add it to FitDay etc. "Stepping on and off scale" Should we list it by number of times on and off? Say, 3 calories each? It would be like step aerobics... And we could alternate feet.

Jay
Brilliant!!!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Not step aerobics - Scale Aerobics! Love it. This is the best laugh I have had all day.

I used to have a balance scale. I loved it because it was ALWAYS consistent. When we moved, we had stuff piled in the back yard and it rained (yes, in the desert, only when there is something "out" that should be "in".) Anyway, something inside it got rusty and it didn't work anymore. I miss my scale.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote