Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 09:56 AM   #46  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink Good Morning....

Hello and Good Morning. I'm hoping that todays rain forecast will change....nothing worse than being couped up in the house with 2 wild and born to run boys!!! My weigh in is later on at noon, so I'm hoping for a good one.

Last night we had friends over and I served Mexican taco's and fajhita's. My game strategy was to divide the table in half and serve 2 bowls of each item. A regular fat content...(for those non ww's) and a fat free content for ME!! I think it went really well and after my 1 taco (2pt) and filling, and 1 soft shell tortilla (2pt) and filling ....I reached for the lettuce and had a taco salad. Has anyone ever tried the fat free shredded cheese by Kraft?....other than being a little dry(less moisture) it is really tastey. 1/4 Cup was only 1 pt. So with a little pre-planning my authentice Mexican dinner was relatively stress-free. Did I mention that the nacho chips were only available in one bowl and only down the other end of the table. (a whopping 7 chips for 4 pts....very easy to let get out of hand!)

Gracenote....What? Can you believe those guys and DH?...all that junk food, all in one sitting. YUCK!! Good for you and thinking and eating good things. Hope you didn't get suckered into eating that stuff. Let them clog up their arteries and indigestion!!Besides....a few cookies isn't that bad, remember my samosa episoded. Just don't continue the downward spiral...get right on back on plan!! You can do it....we are here for you!!!

Sher-de-lune....Hi. Please don't be discouraged, 3 days isn't a long enough time to gauge how you body is responding to your new excercise and healthy eating program. Give yourself a once a week weigh in and try to forgo the daily weigh in....did you know that during each day, your body's naturalweight can vary between 2-4 lbs....depending on bowel movements, water intake, fibre intake etc. Our bodies are very complex and we can drive ourselves crazy trying to "see" those numbers on the scale for any glimmer of a weight loss. Believe in yourself!!! You can do this!!!
Old 03-02-2002, 10:48 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 249/243/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. I haven't posted my weight loss, because I've had a horrible week and I KNOW it's a gain, I just hope I haven't gained two weeks of weight loss back in one week. I haven't gone near a scale (I use the one at work, because it's accurate and goes to the tenth of a pound) I know my problem is stress eating and 'in a hurry eating in the car fast food lots of fat no good for you' eating. I know I have to regroup, focus.....and remember sexy one piece I'm so glad I have all of you to come back to with my true confessions.
I WILL REGROUP! I WILL FOCUS! It's good to know I'm not the only person who hears the calling of the cookie jar. And I know if you can resist it, by golly, so can I!..............Will check in again soon. Will post my weight gain when I check it out again.
Old 03-02-2002, 11:14 AM   #48  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Good Morning

Good morning ladies [ at least it is here in sunny so. Calif. ] It is 8am here and around 65 degrees so I have no excuse to be inside playing with this computer!!! I should be out walking!!! My wife has already left for a special Sat. class [ she is a middle school teacher ] and all I've done is read the paper--SPORTS!!!! Well anyway I gotta run---o.k. DRIVE--- to Home Depot for some supplies for a home project---- I just wanted to thank Gracenote for the warm welcome and tell Wisconsin not to give up EVER!! no matter how long it takes you to reach your goal-- your greatest success will be in the process not the outcome. LORD bless you all. Later--- you HOTTIES!!!!!
Old 03-02-2002, 12:08 PM   #49  

Default My Weigh in Today! Yippeeee

Well tomorrow is my official weigh in . But of course I weighed in today just to see .... I lost 3 lbs this week!!! I will weigh myself tomorrow but I know it's not going to be another 1lb loss lol. So I am just too happy. Ive been so paranoid because I've been used to eating "starving " foods for diets. And with internet research I have found that I can make< tacos,burritos,spaghetti & meatballs,cheeseburgers,hotdogs, I have made much better meals with much less calories! Well next week is my little special reward so Bath& Body Works here I come!!!!

Gen
Old 03-02-2002, 12:09 PM   #50  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Good Morning to you all!!! Happy Saturday!!! Just wish it wasn't duck weather here. EZ you should be ashamed to be inside on a morning like this....but so glad to hear a male's voice. Something different. I'm just jealous cause the weather gurus are forecasting BAD STUFF for today. Rain, snow, sleet just for fun!

Well I guess the mambos and chachas are paying off. I can now fit into three pair of jeans that I haven't for a while. I got to put the jeans I've been wearing on a shelf in the closet!!
Honestly, I have been doing very well. It's kinda funny how I am. 2 years ago I said I would lose weight and at least get to a size 18 from a size 22... I did. Now I am determined to get to a 12 ...and I am. There's no ifs..ands... or big butts about it...my mind is geared in the right direction. What I can't figure out is how come I couldn't get motivated until I met you guys...you must be magic!!! That's the answer!!! So glad you all are here to motivate me.

Wisconsin, get on the net and take a good look at the fast food calorie guide on this web site. Study it, and then you can make a more educated choice when ordering your fast food. I know what a problem that can be when you have to grab it on the run. The funny thing is that some of the things I thought would be lower in fat grams and calories aren't. Like the Big Roast Beef at Hardees has more fat grams than the ham and cheese sandwhich. Anyways, I found it helpful.

Sher...Angel is right. 3 days is not long enough. Plus you could have put on weight if you are replacing some muscle with fat. So..chin up! Keep going at it.

Bunny, Trace,...need your "Voice". Hope you are doing well.
Well...to everyone else. Be good to yourselves!!

BoatingMommy
Old 03-03-2002, 12:36 PM   #51  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good morning Ladies--

Just wanted to say hello before I headed off to church with my wife--- it is a BEAUTIFUL morning here in so. California---we are probably going to a home and garden show this afternoon--if my step-daughter doesn't do pitching lessons-- went to her softball game yesterday and got my exercise YELLING--not really, I have learned to calm down over the years. My daughter has a tennis tournament in Las Vegas this week-end with her college--was thinking of going there but she didn't figure to play in this match. This time of year--although my favorite, spring--is hard for me with my daughter and her tennis at school, my son's track at college and my step-daughters softball--they all seem to overlap plus they are MILES--as in several hundred--apart!!!!

You ladies keep up the good work as we head into another week closer to spring and the season you have been looking forward to so you can show off those Hot new bodies--SUMMER!!!

LORD BLESS YOU ALL--GARY
Old 03-04-2002, 10:01 AM   #52  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Angry just checking in..

Hi Ladies and EZmoney....(lol). Just checking in as I was really out of commission most of the weekend. I (or should I say....my son gave to me...) have a stomach bug that just won't go away. My weigh in on Saturday was okay,...in losing 1 more pound. I was really hoping for a few pounds, but hey? who am I to look a gifthorse in the mouth?...lol
Still not feeling well, also have a wicked headache. Gosh, its only 10am and I'm ready for another nap. Hope you all are doing well on plan.....
Old 03-04-2002, 02:56 PM   #53  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default Hello, hello!

Well.. I'm back. I kinda had a rough weekend foodwise.. I didn't count everything I ate, and that really screws me up. I went to dinner yesterday with some friends from out of town at Red Robin (I'm so sick of Red Robin).. anyway, I had a strange craving for a VEGGIE BURGER! Can you believe it? I loved every bite of it too... and... get this guys... I substituted the bottomless fries with a salad. I was kinda annoyed though because I asked for dressing on the side, but they ignored that. Oh well...

Anyway, I'm going to post all the stats I have in my PM box for the Spring Challenge... I hope I didn't make any mistakes. Please PM me if I did and I will fix it for next week... If you want to add your name and spring goal to the list, please PM me as well... The reason I ask for a PM is because it makes it much easier for me to compile all the numbers...

Spring Challenge: Week 1 Totals

Angel-eyes................................(Spring Goal: -8, So far: -1)
Beachbunnyhoney....................(Spring Goal: -8, So far: n/a)
Boating mommy.........................(Spring Goal: -8, So far: -2)
Gennel.......................................(Spri ng Goal: -7, So far: -3)
Gracenote..................................(Spring Goal: -11, So far: -4)
Sher-de-lune..............................(Spring Goal: -12, So far: n/a)

Great Job everyone! We're moving right along! Keep the numbers dropping!! We have a little over 2 weeks left until its SPRING!!

Well, hope you're all having a great day! Take care and hope to hear from you all soon!

Take care,
Gracie
Old 03-04-2002, 03:43 PM   #54  

Grace, do not be afraid to send your food back, especially if you asked for something and they didn't do it. Most of the time, they just forgot and I've never had a waiter or waitress say anything when I reminded them that I did ask for the dressing on the side. My DH will even say it before I can open my mouth sometimes! Remember, you're at a restaurant to relax and have a good time--you shouldn't have to stress over salad dressing!
Enjoy!
Old 03-04-2002, 08:42 PM   #55  

Hi BBBB (and guy)!! Just got done doing the Emergency Workout tape. Boy...Am I the only one who's face turns the brightest red when they work out? I look like a cigar store Indian! That is one of the reasons why I prefer to workout at home and haven't gotten to the gym. It's really embarrassing! And it take a while for me to get back to natural pigmentation, which is pasty white. I like walking when the weather gets warmer and I can go after dinner...in the growing gloom of the evening so no one can see my red face! Oh well, at least I did the workout, I can live with the red face if it means the butt is shrinking.

Went to a bridal shower on Saturday. I didn't eat anything! Stuck to my guns....until the very end when I nibbled a little piece of cake...okay...maybe it was an average sized piece of cake. I still felt pretty good about forgoing the finger sandwiches, potatoe salad, ham and cheese roll-ups...etc.

My sweetie pie also took me shopping yesterday, just to get out of the house. But, I did try on some of those cool capri pants. I was SOOO EXCITED! I fit into the size 14 just fine...no pinching..no binding...YEee HAaa! It was like an instant feeling of being high! I am trying not to buy anything until I run out of stuff in the closet that fits. But warm weather is eventually coming...and I haven't a thing to wear! Doesn't that sound terrible? Okay...I don't want anyone to think I am getting tooo full of myself. Remember I was wearing a size 22-24 two years ago. It has been a long time coming. So see...it can be done! All of us can feel this way. See yourself losing the weight...Feel yourself losing the weight!

Okay, enough about me...I want to hear some good stuff from you guys!!

Boatingmommy
Old 03-04-2002, 09:00 PM   #56  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Talking Monday Night

Good evening ladies--- it is evening for me anyway here in sunny CALIFORNIA-- we had another great day here--- should get some rain in a couple of days, we really need it--drought is on the way.

I took the day off from work to prepare a room we have in the garage-- my wife and I decided not to go to the garden show and instead went and bought some gym equipment we had been looking at---- we got a elliptical trainer and a home gym weight set. Guess I have no excuses now!!!! I wanted a treadmill but my wife [ who goes out running 3-4 days a week ] says THE WORLD is my treadmill--- ya just can't figure out women can ya guys---OOPS.

Angel-eyes I hope you are feeling better and Gracie I am sure the ladies really thank you for keeping track for them--- we all need a PUSH don't we. Well the wife wants me to go to the BULK item store with her ----do you guys have Costco's?.

May our Lord bless you in your efforts!!!!! Gary
Old 03-05-2002, 04:33 PM   #57  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone!

How are you all doing today? Aaaah. The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. I went for a nice little jog and I'm back! I just wanted to report that I'm having a successful day so far...

Tryin' Hard, thanks for your advice and support! It's very encouraging!

EZMONEY, so, when are you gonna buy me and hubby tickets to California so we can see just how nice the weather really is down there???

Angel, hope your tum tum gets better!!!

Bunny, Tracy, Wisconsin, Canoes, Sher, Gennel and all you other lurkers... come and post! The thread has slowed down in the last couple of days!!

Alrighty, later,
Gracie
Old 03-05-2002, 07:23 PM   #58  

Default Bought a Pedometer Today!

Hi Everyone!
Well I heard about a Pedometer and was so curious to find out what the heck it was and what it does! Well I found a few in ebay ...but I wanted one NOW! So I checked at Walmart and they dont have a clue lol, Sears..nothing,Sports Authority!nope they dont have them either,only on their website! Well This little gadget gets clipped on your pant waistband and you put the length of your stride per step for example my average stride is a foot and a half. Istart it and after 5 seconds of me walking ,it starts adding each step you make.You wear this the entire day until bed time(of course take it off to shower! lol) The daily goal is to take at least 10,000 steps a day. I purchased it late today and put it on around 5:30 PM well by 7 PM I had taken 1,673 steps which totals 1/2 mile . IF you stop walking it stops also.I multiplied the steps I took to see how far was 10,000 steps and its around 3 miles a day. So my goal is 3miles a day total. I think that shouldnt be a problem since I walk 1 hour almost everymorning! And that's around 3 miles. Tomorrow morning I will see how much is my hour walk finally! lol. I love this little thing! It makes me want to keep moving lol Oh! By the way I found it at Target! It was the last store I tried and of course they told me they dont know what the heck it was and that they dont carry it! I still asked where the sports section was and I found it right where they have the bikes and mini weights for ladies! IT cost $16.99, Made bySportline, it has a light,measures steps,miles and KM . There is another cheaper one but it only measures miles. I am going to be putting this thing on as soon as Im dressed in the morning.
Iread an article about Pedometers and they had a little experiment .. they gave Pedometers to a group of people who DONT exercise and are not dieting. And they chose another group of people who exercise regularly. After a few weeks they checked both groups and you know what? The folks who wore the Pedometers actually lost a few lbs and the people who exercised regularly stayed at their current weight. You see this by itself wont make you lose weight but when you see how manysteps youare taking it sort of motivates you to move around the house and just keep moving until you reach the 10,000 step goal for the day!
Sorry for the long post! But I had to share! I would really suggest to anyone who isnt really motivated to keep moving!
Gen
Old 03-05-2002, 07:48 PM   #59  

Default Where, oh where, have my dieting buddies gone? Where, oh where can they be?

Howdy Chickies!

Grace, you are abosolutely right, the sunshine is a wonderful thing! We had a big thaw here today...and man did that make me want to get outside and walk...so I did!

I know it has been a while since some of you have dropped a line...so if you read this...you MUST drop a note, no matter how short. You are sadly missed when you don't post for a few days.

Angel, sweetie, hope that the nasty flu has let go of you. Don't get too gung-ho on excercising before you have kicked the bug. I made that mistake last week and felt ten times worse afterwards.

Gennel, the pedometer sounds very interesting. Might have to check into one. I need to get out and walk more now that the forecast shows above 50 degree weather here. I am very bottom heavy and the walking seems to work better than the aerobics tape on shaping my legs and butt. Hey, does anyone have any ideas on how to shrink a pot belly. I have a kangaroo pouch that needs some extra attention, but my bad back makes sit-ups taboo. Ideas anyone?

EZ, sounds like you made some good investments this weekend with the excercize equipment. Oh, and if Grace gets tickets to California...I'm coming, too!!!

Well, gotta go fold laundry! How many calories does that burn?

Boating
Old 03-05-2002, 08:20 PM   #60  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry Hi Ladies

Hi Ladies--
Well I painted my new gym room today--tomorrow will put in the mats we bought for cushion-- the equipment should come on Friday--so it's all UPHILL?DOWNHILL? from there.
BOATING< if I knew how to get rid of a pot belly I would have already done it!!! My wife has a little one too and she only weighs 129--she has tried EVERYTHING.
GENNEL- my wife wore a pedometer for about a month until she learned all the distances around the neighborhood--she really loved it too.
GRACIE- You and BOATING want tickets to Calif.? how 'bout when I win the LOTTO!! OKIE-DOKIE
Hey Boating how close are you to Bloomington--or do you know? It is in the mid-southern part of the state--my Grandma lives there.

Well ladies keep up the AWESOME work- gotta go, have a meeting at church tonight. LATER-Gary
Closed Thread