Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I have to eat the WHOLE spaghetti squash to get my fix.
Doesn't it depend on the size of the squash? I mean I've seen spaghetti squash that are on the small side and I'd definitely eat a whole one by myself. OTOH, in season, I've seen some enormous ones and there's no way I could eat a whole one.

I think it just depends on the part of the country you're in and the season as to the variety and size of the squash you get.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #62  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Beautybooty....

Bless your heart!!! It can all be SO confusing! There is SO MUCH information out there.... and a doggone good bit here at 3FC, too!!

The one thing I keep reminding myself is that I KNOW MY BODY better than anyone. I know what I like, what I don't like, what works for me, & what doesn't. Always remember that what works for Sally might not work for you. And what works for you might not be the thing that works for me. But that's why we're all here! - to learn from each other! - to try different things! - to find that ONE (or 2 or 3 or 4...) trick(s) that make losing weight easier & healthier.

For instance, I do best when I watch my portion size & enjoy ANY FOOD I WANT. To me, that's much easier than having more food of something I don't really enjoy.

I had a chocolate craving around 11:30 this morning. Instead of getting crazy & having TOO MUCH, or driving myself crazy & having NONE.... I chose a tiny little one-bite serving size of a 3-Muskateers bar. SATISFIED ME! Now, some other people can't do that... if they have ONE little bite, they'll have another & another & another, & just binge.

I noticed that in your postings (in this thread) you haven't said what you DRINK. Don't forget, that unless you're drinking water or no-calorie soda, you are also ingesting calories that way.

By the way, 13 pounds are GONE! YAY! - and why are they gone?
Because YOU ARE DOING IT!!!!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 03-12-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #63  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

I definitely am a VOLUME eater... and I definitely am someone who LOVES dinner foods... I can do without breakfast and lunch foods without an issue... it's DINNER--- real wholesome food--- that I can't live without.

So I eat small low calorie ALL day... And plan a BIG dinner. I'm eating appx 1700 calories a day... I eat when I'm HUNGRY not at prescribed times (that got me in trouble- eating when I HAD to versus eating when I NEEDED to) I'm lu cky that I have a job where I can eat when the need arises, not when the boss tells me to.

So usually I will eat my first bit of food around 10:30am (I wake up at 8 and am at work by 9). Between the hours of 9-5 I eat: an apple, a banana, a sugar free chocolate pudding cup, a light mozzerella string cheese.

That brings my calories to about: 310 by the time I go home from work.

When I get home I make myself something to eat, but not "dinner" yet--- Usually a giant bowl of broccoli with spray butter (like 50 calories) or a small bowl of oatmeal (200 calories) or something like that. Just something to tide me over.

Then I eat a BIG dinner with my hubby when he gets home from work at 9:30pm. Obviously, as you can tell, 300 calories during the day with maybe 200 calories more when I get home = 1200 calories for dinner. That's a hefty dinner.

But it works for me. I can make it through the day by eating when I feel hungry. Small things 4 times during the workday. One slightly bigger thing when I get home. And my big dinner at night.

(it also keeps the late-night munchies away!!)

Plus, I work that schedule because sometimes I'm not super hungry by the time late night rolls around so I'll have a low calorie salad with grilled chicken... and have some cookies. Or some other treat that is bad calorie wise, but since I waited all day, I have enough calories to spare.

Again-- it works for ME... other people NEED big breakfasts or lunches to get them through the day. I'm lucky.

I've lost about 2 pounds a week on average since I started at the beginning of January. I haven't worked exercising into my routine yet. So, my eating might change once I need to be fueled up to power an hour of exercise after work...

But for now, it works. Some people might think I'm crazy... but I'm getting my nutrition... it's just that the majority of it is in one big meal.

I take care of my VOLUME need by having a giant meal and making sure I ALWAYS have a lot of veggies with it. I like being full.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote