Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 04:44 PM   #16  
Senior Chick

Angry

We had a really good day with our family yesterday. Everyone loved the cake and the baby played in and ate his piece. It was great to have 4 generations together celebrating birthdays.

Marlana~It is so good to have you back. I'm not sure what you mean by writing a contract for a challenge but I'm ready to lose some weight. I am back OP today and going to try to stay that way. I am already planning my strategy for the birthday dinner that I am fixing on Wednesday. We are having grilled steak with baked potato and salad. I think that I can manage to stay within my daily points. I took the day off today from housework and have spent it mostly on this computer cleaning up email and stuff. I had a lot of correspondence that I was behind on.

Jen~I think that nursing is such a great profession and we are lucky to have people like you willing to work at it. I sometimes wonder why some of the nurses that I meet stay with the job though. Some of them obviously don't like the work and are therefore not good at it. It is terrible to be flat on your back and at the mercy of a mean person. It sure makes us appreciate the nice ones. The cake was great and I only had one piece. I put the leftover pieces out in paper plates and washed my pan out and brought it home empty.

Tobey~It was in the high 70's in Orlando yesterday and we had a great time. I am enjoying my day off sitting at this computer by an open window right now with the Olympics playing on the TV behind me. I sure haven't gotten as much done as I thought I would but it's supposed to be a lazy day. I love some of that fake meat too. We have the veggie burgers all the time because my husband just loves them. Wow, grocery shopping at three different stores must have burned a lot of calories.

I can't believe it's almost dinner time already. Hope everyone had a good beginning to this week. I sure had a quite one for a change.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:34 AM   #17  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
Sorry I've been MIA so long; I have had a nasty sinus infection, then my oldest got it, so we've been taking turns holding our heads and moaning. We're a bit better now, so hopefully back on track for me. I haven't been eating all that much, just stuff that's not good for me. I'll be back tomorrow and catch up on all the posties I missed this last week....hope everyone's doing well; Mama, sooooo glad you're back with us, and Jen, hope your family is feeling better too--hope your grandpa is doing okay. Love you all, and talk to you tomorrow!
Sally
Old 02-12-2002, 09:58 AM   #18  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Smile

Good Morning~~Can you believe it, Ihave got my house work done. The dishes are put away, the floors are clean, the fish is fed, and I'm feeling so good. I had a hard day with food yesterday but I still come out the winner in that battle too. Today will be easier as for as the food is concerned. I thank I'm on my way to health and happiness. It's not going to be a basket of flowers, I know that, because I'm going to want to go back to what was so normal for me to do, eating and setting around an doing just what I need to, to get bye. I even weighed, Its not as if I haven't done it to myself before, I sure have many times. Hopefully never again. I didn't come into 3fc's because I had my eating habits wired. I'm a firm believer that it takes what ever it takes, and if I had to spend all this time to getting to where I am, so be it. I hope I'm in the place where I can get a lasting recovery. I want to tell you my tummy was fussing at me this morning when I got up,it wanted me to feed it. I can stand real hunger pangs, it's the obsession that gets me into food. I was pretty good at keeping my contract with myself yesterday, I just missed a couple of things. But today is the first day of the contract. After I'm through writing here, I'm going and doing all my mending. It's been months since I've done that. I tell you ladies I'm feeling better about myself this A. M.

Jen~~Glad to hear I'm not the only one that a clean house makes feel good. Have you got your contract made out yet. Post it out on the board. I've started the thread already. You are right on, the food is just one piece of the puzzle. It's our comfort and our two faced friend. God bless you for letting your Mom stay with you, I know that has got to be hard.

Skeeter~~Good to be back, I really mean that, since I'm trying to take charge of my life. If you don't understand what I mean about the contract or challenge go out on the support board and read my contract. You may not identify with any of it, maybe your perfect in every way except for your eating habits. If that is the case, then make a commitment to a eating plan,and try making a contract to get honest with yourself. Oh Oh Oh, I'm being snappy aren't I???? Hey you've got the right idea about upcoming meals, plan for them ahead of time.

Sally~~Sorry to hear about the sinus infection, been there and done that. Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

That didn't take long, where is everyone???? You know I thought my puter was going down again last night. The darn key board stopped working. I turned it upside down and give it a good shake and wouldn't you know it, it was full of food crumbs. No more eating at the puter for me. You girls have got to help keep me lined out, I'll try to slip back into old habits. Hey...have a good day.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:29 AM   #19  

Good morning everyone. Today is a holiday for me and its a good thing cause I was up pretty late last night. Some dumb movie came on at midnight and I started watching it.

I told you how I reloaded Windows 98 the other night. Well, yesterday I got on here after work and then I got the dreaded "blue" screen that told me I needed to re-install Windows again. Grrrrr!!! I haven't done it yet but I will. Otherwise I'll keep getting that screen. As long as things load ok for me now, I'll be happy.

Marlana, WELCOME BACK. WE MISSED YOU!!!! I've had to use my extended warranty a couple times for calling a tech and then I had to have another floppy disk drive installed and I need to have the tech come back and adjust it because its a little to low and I have to use tweezers to pull the floppy out. My warranty is up in October and I plan to have someone out before that to check things out. Sounds like your doing good with getting yourself back on track again. We definetly need to go for health. You know, I do better with committing to someone else than I do myself. I'm sure you can relate to that. Its something I need to work on.

Tobey, Oh yeah!!! Busy is a good word for me. One of these days I'll be back to my regular schedule at work and I'll feel normal again, whatever normal is!!!! Sometimes I just get tired of "pounding" those computer keys at work tho. When I'm backlogged, thats what I do ALL day long. OMG!!! A dozen chilli peppers!!! I couldn't of ate that. I found out something that is good if you eat something thats too hot for you and you want to stop the burn, Cream Cheese!!! I've not tried it but these people I know, swear by it. No wonder your dh didn't feel good the next day.

Sally, I'm glad you are feeling better now. You know, I cannot get rid of the sinus crap that I've had for months. I don't feel sick but its just all the drainage and stopped up nose that I'm tired of. The Dr gave me Allegra but it doesn't do much for me.

Skeeter, Next time you talk to Ellie, tell her I said hello. Sounds like the birthday party went really well. Thats cool that 4 generations were together. Oh, reading about your steaks reminded me I need to finish thawing a roast out. You know, I'm sure those show dogs are treated well, but you know, it kinda reminds me of parents who make their daughters get in beauty pagents, it just seems extreme. The dogs don't look like they are in anyway mistreated but I bet at times, they get tired of it.

Jen, Luckily your mom and grandma has you. They need someone that isn't in denial about your grandpa's situation. I tried the denial route with my mom for awhile, just because I didn't really want to face it but it didn't take long for the "realness" to slap me in the face. Its rough and I feel for all of you.

Well, I need to get off here now. I've got to go to the grocery store and we've got the sewer people coming out to blast out our line again. We are getting closer to having the sewer rerouted. I hate to spend the money but it has to be done. Take care everyone.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:12 PM   #20  

Good morning all

Had some thing to take care of so I am in a little later than usual. Tomorrow, will be a fun day. I have a ½ hour presentation to make to around 45 people at work! At least it is a lunch meeting so they will have things to focus on besides me . In the mean time, I am looking forward to tonight. It is a girls’ night out. I am meeting 2 former coworkers (the 3rd couldn’t make it ) for a night of Japanese food and gossip. We normally end up spending about 4 hours sitting the in restaurant - we get so caught up in our conversations. We only get together as a group about 2 or 3 times a year. This time I convinced them to meet at the restaurant right by my place – I can just walk home.

Marlana: I am also working on some personal changes. Not an easy thing but I know it is worth it. Yes, I do love to cook. I’m a good cook but still mastering the art of baking. When I cook, I am the same, I have no real recipe. I have a guideline and that is about it. However, when I bake I tend to follow the recipe very closely. My hubby is the same in some ways too. Everyone loves my cooking but dh just takes it for granted I guess. I laughed at the crumbs in your key board. I am notorious for eating in front of the computer, whether it is at work or at home. I know I shouldn’t do it – I tend to pick mindlessly when I do it. Once I got dip on the keys of our laptop. Some how I forgot to mention that to dh! Hmmm that is going to be my change for today. When I eat, I will stop and concentrate only on eating. No more chowing down while reading, being online, playing games, etc…

Jen: I really have to get down and give our place a good scrubbing as well. It is funny how much better you feel with a clean home. I keep asking the kitty to do it – but well you see what she does all day. Here is a link that might be good to get you started with your topic: http://careerplanning.about.com/libr.../aa021501a.htm Here is another article that I thought you might like on a personal note: <http://www.nurseweek.com/features/97-2/burn.html> The big thing in HR right is work/life balance which ties into burn out. Let me know if you would like anything on that.

Skeeter: Glad your visit was a good one. Speaking of family, I forgot to mention in my post yesterday that I talked to my mom on the weekend. She got her stick and thought it was absolutely beautiful. Although she had to joke that it made her feel old. She plans on making good use out of it this summer. I also promise to get you your money real soon. We have just been waiting for a cheque from hubby last job that is now over due. As soon as it is here, we will send you yours. I’m sorry it is sooooooo late I am normally not this bad at paying someone. Can my kitty come hang out at your place? She keeps begging to have the windows open (she is an indoor cat and that is her only pleasure in life). Sometimes we give in and open it – she lasts 30 seconds and then goes off and pouts. The fake “meat” that I have become hooked on are Light Life products. They have fake chicken, beef, and my favourite – Salisbury steak. They are all low fat and low cal. Oh yah and very tasty. I know meat eaters who even like this brand.

Sally: Missed you! That’s too bad about the infection. Sounds just awful! Hope you make it back soon! Take it easy.

Jojo: Happy holiday to you! Are you celebrating the Chinese New Year? Oh no – I guess it would be Lincoln’s Birthday for you. I remember that some of our US offices were closed today as well. Apparently any type of dairy is supposed to be good to cool the heat. I tried to give him my sour cream (I was eating veggie fajitas) but he would take it. He did eat my rice which helped a bit. What a guy! Guess you could say he had some sewer problems of his own. Please don’t tell him I said that.

Well it is lunchtime already. I think I will eat and then walk to the bookstore across the street to browse for a while.

Have a good one!

Tobey

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
Old 02-13-2002, 07:00 AM   #21  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
How's everyone this morning? I'm okay; still got a remnant of a headache, but it's better; my little girl hasn't mentioned her headache for a couple of days, so I'm going to leave well enough alone with her---she's open to the power of suggestion, so if I say anything, the drama queen will come out and she'll have the horrible headaches again. They both got excellent half-quarter progress reports, too, so I'm pleased with the new school.
Mama, you're in such a good mood lately! I'm so glad you're feeling better about yourself and everything else. I've got to go and check out the contract on that thread; I've done something of that sort at the beginning of the year, so I'll have to see if it's the same thing. One thing I need to do is go back to counting WW points. I've gotten so that I "estimate" and I've been underestimating lately. So, the book comes back out today. Daddylana better watch out tomorrow---it's Valentine's Day, and Mamalana's in a goooood mooood!
JoJo, I can identify with the dreaded "blue screen" you got the other day. Monday I spent ALL DAY working on a spreadsheet for the month of January, and guess what?? I went to print it out, and got the blue screen. Sucker shut down and when I rebooted the *#*%&%& thing, my spreadsheet was all gone. I went and told my supervisor and she told me to knock off work and go home...so I did! I redid the stupid thing yesterday and got it saved, finally. How's hubby doing? Hope he's okay!
Skeeter, how're the animals?? I watched the dog show last night---I want one of each of them now! The zoo at my house will never be downsized, I don't think. I wanted the little black guy to win though---I forget what he was, but he was cute. I haven't watched a bit of the Olympics....I need to do that!
Tobey, how was girls' night out? I used to do that with a couple of my friends from time to time, pre-kids. Now the girls at girls-night-out are ages 8 and 9! Hope you had a good one!
Jen, how's it going with your mom and grandpa? Hope you're doing okay! I love King of the Hill, too...I love their voices.
Moonstone, Carol, Marybeth, have a wonderball day!
Love you all, and hope I didn't miss anyone!
Sally
Old 02-13-2002, 09:06 AM   #22  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Things are going very good for me. I had my ever day housework done by 6:00 A M., except for one load of cloths to day and put away. I had a great day yesterday, got a lot of things done that was bugging me. I tell you I feel good about what I'm doing to get my life together. I'm having trouble with a couple of things in my commitment to myself. Walking on the treadmill...I had to make myself do that before I could have my super. And God knows I would walk a long way to get to eat. Maybe it will be easier. The other one is the hardest of all, spending some quite time with myself with no noise in the house at all. Tobey sent me something that just might help me get focused though.

Jo Jo~~I don't know why, but I haven't watched a movie on TV for ages. I just don't watch that much TV. I've had to reinstall windows 4 times on my puter, one of the times it didn't work. I looked at the bill for my puter work this morning and it was $160. So I saved $100 with the extra warranty. My commitment to myself is working well. Just have to turn it into a habit. Hope you get that sewer problem solved.

Tobey~~Thank you for the focus email, I'm going to try and apply that exercise, it might help me. I've spent a lot of time in depression. That is so much fun having a girl time out. I use to do that once a week when I belonged to OA. We all went to lunch and extended the meeting there. Now a days, I just don't want to go anywhere much. The problem people have with my cooking is I won't do it often enough. Ha Ha

Sally~~There is so much in my life that needs to be worked on. My life has gone to pot, because I've been into food and when I'm into food I get lazy and neg. and I'm just a mess. I had so much dust on my tables it looked like they was growing fur. As I said it took me 30 min this morning to get the house work done, because I keep it done as it gets messed up. Boy do I feel better about myself too. Daddylana is much happier with me I'm sure. When I get better he gets better too.

I'm off to have a great day, still have some mending to do, so I'm going to get back on that. Be good to yourselves.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:53 AM   #23  

What a productive morning. I was up at 5:30. Hit the gym and ran 5 miles and then was at my desk before 8:30. I still have a few things to prepare for my presentation but I am pretty sure it will go well. Dinner with the girls was great. We sat in the restaurant chatting for over 3 hours. It is so much fun to catch up on old times.

Sally: Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery. Its nice that your supervisor sent you home after getting the “blue screen of death” (that’s was dh calls it). Some times you just need to step away from those things and reapproach it with a better frame of mind. Yep, last night was a ball. I kind of have fun listening to their lives. The 2 that made it are in their 30s (one early and one late) and still single. And they like hearing about my boring married life. Congrats to your girls on the grades. You must be one proud mama!

Gee I thought I had a productive morning – but you had everything done as I was heading out the door!!! I am also working on making some serious changes and I have started feeling better already. It is like a fog is lifting. I feel real good. There were days that I just wanted to stay holed up at home. Of ten I would force myself to go out because I knew that I would enjoy myself once I was actually out. A lot of times I would be so tense on the way, that I would take it out on dh on the way there and that would erupt into a big fight. We would then pull into the drive way and put that fake smile on and go in. Then after about 30 minutes with friends, everything would “melt” and be fine again. I am also using that focusing article. I think it is good to challenge yourself. I am learning that I haven’t really been listening to what is going on deep down. Okay enough psychobabble. So hope you do have that great day! I love your attachment!

Well it looks like that is everyone. I hope everyone has a special day. Tonight I will spend the night with dh, getting the prep work done for our romantic dinner on Valentine’s day. We are going to have a picnic dinner on our living room floor.

Tobey
Old 02-13-2002, 01:01 PM   #24  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey everyone.

Yesterday wasn't so good food wise but I did get a 2 mile brisk walk in. As we were crossing the paved road to get to our dirt road, our friends pulled up on their motorcycles and insisted that we join them for a birthday dinner at the local restaurant. These are the same friends that both have birthdays this week. We have already planned a dinner party for them tonight. I have the salad tossed, the potatoes are ready for the oven and the steaks are ready for the grill. The cake is cooling and waiting to be iced. Hubby thought that I should bake a cake for them. I am going to have some veggie soup as soon as I finish here then do some time on the treadmill as it is rainy and cold out today.

Marlana~I checked out the other thread and it sounds like a great idea. I will start working on writing a contract as soon as I have the time. I will use some of the things that I just recently incorporated into my daily life and add some new ones also. My weight is back up to where it was when I first joined this group 2 years ago. Gaining weight is about the only thing that I can do to perfection. I need to laugh a little to keep from crying about it, I guess. I am going to get committed this time. I even dreamed last night about being very committed to a weight lose plan. I don't often remember my dreams so that must be a good sign. Did you get my email last night? I haven't heard from you yet today, so I wasn't sure. I'll try your address again later today.

JoJo~I will be sure to give Ellie your message. We had a good day with her and her husband then another fun time with my family Sunday. Today we are celebrating our friends birthdays with a cook out. It sure has been hard for me to stay out of food with so much entertaining going on since November. I am going to have to put my foot down with our friends about eating out so much. They eat all their meals out and are constantly inviting us along. We are going to have to start saying No Thanks.

Tobey~Sounds like a great night out with the girls. I used to spend a lot of lunches with friends when I lived and worked in Orlando. I miss that a lot. Have you watched any of the Olympics? The Canadian figure skaters were cheated out of the gold medal by the judges. The scores that were given didn't add up to the positions that they chose. It is being investigated and I sure hope something is done to reverse it. Those kids gave a perfect performance and deserve the medal to match. A news report stated that the French judge admitted making a deal. Hubby was sure glad to hear that your mom thought the walking stick was beautiful. He enjoys hearing praise like that.

Sally~It's great that you made it back in here. I know how busy you are with the job, kids and the critters. I can't seem to keep up with things around here and I don't work outside the home of have any kids here. I have been watching all the Olympics that they have shown so far. I always tape it just in case I fall asleep, which I have two nights straight. I would have been so made to miss the figure skating.

Gotta go fix some lunch. Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-13-2002, 02:13 PM   #25  

Default thick thru thin

Hi:
I have been reading and enjoying all the information around. I am a 48 yrs female trying to lose 30 pounds. After trying all kind of diet but never sticking with them for more than a month I went back to ww since Jan. 22nd 2002. I started on 158 pounds and up to day I am in 154. Iam also exersicing 5 days a week and lifting weight. For the first time in my life I feel more energetic and positive that I am going to make it. In the past When it was time to go to the gym I always had an excuse for not going and this time no matter how busy I am I manage to go. I still have a long way to go but with all the encouragement that I read thru this site I will make it specially knowing that Iam not alone. Iam glad that we have this site because everytime that I feel a little bit dissapointed on myself for not loosing any pound at all during one week I just come back here read all the post from other people and believe me make me feel much better and happy to be part of this group. Thank you soo much. God Bless
Old 02-13-2002, 03:22 PM   #26  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Sorry I’ve been MIA for so long, but last week turned into week starting Tuesday when we were told that our jobs were moving the Dayton, OH. I know I’ve been expecting it, but it was just the fact of actually being told, seeing how few Westvaco people were appointed to key positions and such. Then on Thursday I was told that I had to say yea or nay to moving to Dayton and that the move would be taking place sometime around July/August. Sometime between now and the first part of March I will be told what my termination date is and the amount of my ‘restructuring’ benefits. I’ve been in such a funk, I’ve been drinking…I was reading one of Nora Roberts’s novels set in Ireland and got 2 bottles of Bailey’s Irish Cream…eating chocolate like there is no tomorrow, and I can’t sleep. I’ve called the Doctor’s but can’t get an appointment till the 26th although they are going to try and ‘fit me in’ earlier if possible. The not sleeping is the worse I think, I’m such a crab to everyone, such a low tolerance level.

I feel that I’ve lost all control. I know what I should be doing, but I just can’t seem to get it together. I do have an appointment Friday [15h] with the counselor and that may help but I’ve got to get a handle on this eating! I do OK at work, it’s when I get home and am there by myself I just can’t seem to stop myself. Then I’ve not been able to motivate myself into the gym either. God, how did it get so bad so quick???

Sorry to come in and dump, but I knew that it was a good way to start myself back into my routine. I went out at lunch and got a good pair of running shoes and as Marlana keeps saying Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

Decided to make hubby stuffed cabbage for Valentine's Day, it’s his favorite and he’s trying so hard to cheer me up when things are looking bad for him on the railroad right now…they cut another yard job this week, that’s 2 since the beginning of the year.

Well, now that I’ve completely depressed everyone with the state of woes here in Virginia, I’ll say goodbye for now and catch you all tomorrow! Sounds like everyone has been busy and fairly well.

Marybeth
241/185.4/160
Old 02-13-2002, 03:34 PM   #27  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Sorry I’ve been MIA for so long, but last week turned into week starting Tuesday when we were told that our jobs were moving the Dayton, OH. I know I’ve been expecting it, but it was just the fact of actually being told, seeing how few Westvaco people were appointed to key positions and such. Then on Thursday I was told that I had to say yea or nay to moving to Dayton and that the move would be taking place sometime around July/August. Sometime between now and the first part of March I will be told what my termination date is and the amount of my ‘restructuring’ benefits. I’ve been in such a funk, I’ve been drinking…I was reading one of Nora Roberts’s novels set in Ireland and got 2 bottles of Bailey’s Irish Cream…eating chocolate like there is no tomorrow, and I can’t sleep. I’ve called the Doctor’s but can’t get an appointment till the 26th although they are going to try and ‘fit me in’ earlier if possible. The not sleeping is the worse I think, I’m such a crab to everyone, such a low tolerance level.

I feel that I’ve lost all control. I know what I should be doing, but I just can’t seem to get it together. I do have an appointment Friday [15h] with the counselor and that may help but I’ve got to get a handle on this eating! I do OK at work, it’s when I get home and am there by myself I just can’t seem to stop myself. Then I’ve not been able to motivate myself into the gym either. God, how did it get so bad so quick???

Sorry to come in and dump, but I knew that it was a good way to start myself back into my routine. I went out at lunch and got a good pair of running shoes and as Marlana keeps saying Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

Decided to make hubby stuffed cabbage for Valentine's Day, it’s his favorite and he’s trying so hard to cheer me up when things are looking bad for him on the railroad right now…they cut another yard job this week, that’s 2 since the beginning of the year.

Well, now that I’ve completely depressed everyone with the state of woes here in Virginia, I’ll say goodbye for now and catch you all tomorrow! Sounds like everyone has been busy and fairly well.

Marybeth
241/185.4/160
Old 02-13-2002, 09:33 PM   #28  

Hi everyone

The day went by so fast I sort of felt like I didn't get much done. I had all these piddly things to do to get my regular work ready to do. I'll be on the puter all day tomorrow.

This is going to be a quick post. My right wrist is really bothering me tonight for some reason. I've got mild carpal tunnel in it but its never been this sore. My fingers just don't want to go where I want them to go.

I am just going to say hello to everyone and I'll post to you tomorrow.

Take care.
Old 02-14-2002, 11:25 AM   #29  

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!

Well today I am all decked out in bright red top with matching red socks! I am looking forward to our romantic dinner tonight. Unfortunately, I was up until 11:00 last night doing all of the prep work. So it better be good! I just hope I don’t fall asleep right after dinner. It is also my BIL birthday today. I feel kind of bad for him. I think that everyone should have the right to be totally selfish on their b-day. But he has to be sweet to his wife on his and do special things for her. Oh well – he doesn’t seem to mind.

Skeeter: You sure have a lot of birthday celebrations this month! To tell you the truth I haven’t really watched much Olympics at all. But I am sure that will change starting tomorrow – the Canadians play their first hockey game. I have already been instructed by dh that we have to be home by 6:00 for the game start. I’m just happy that its starts tomorrow and not tonight! I have been following the skating scandal though. Skating just seems to always be plagued with these sorts judging scandals. That’s too bad. Your hubby deserves praise for those sticks (he also deserves some $$ too!).

Taina: Welcome. Congratulations on your loss. Your weight is very similar to where I was when I started losing (I have lost close to 50 pounds and maintained it for just over a year – I’m 5’0”). This site is definitely full of encouragement. The group on this board is fantastic. We have women of all sizes from all different backgrounds. Everyone is just super. Hope you stick around and get to know us and let us get to know you. Again – welcome

Mb: You poor thing! What a week from H-E-double hockey sticks! I know what it feels like be on that roller coaster and to feel like you have no control. I think coming here and just “talking” is a good first step. I hope your meeting with your counsellor tomorrow will do you some good as well. I think it was a great move to pick up some good running shoes. That’s nice that hubby is being very supportive. I’m sure this is hard on him too. Hopefully you can have a little romance tonight over some stuffed cabbage and forget your worries for a while. Stay strong!

Jojo: Hello to you. That’s too bad about your wrist. As part of my presentation yesterday, I brought in an occupational therapist to speak on agronomy and repetitive strain disorders. Sounds like you could use her right now. Be careful with your wrist – you don’t want something like that to get worse!

Well that’s all for now. I sure hope everyone has some hot dates planned for tonight.

Tobey
Old 02-15-2002, 03:02 PM   #30  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Afternoon Ladies~~Boy I thought I would never get to turn on my puter today. I had to do a good cleaning of my living room today the way I used to do it. You know dust everything and make it shinny and pretty. Also got to getting creative too. I'm just doing things as I come to them and its working out so well. However I am very tired. I'm staying up at night until the Olympics go of and that makes for not enough sleep.

Tobey~~ I am so upset about the little couple skaters that got cheated out of their gold medal, It was so clear who won that medal. Can you believe it, the damn judges cheat. Boy I can't believe it, you run 5 miles before work. Just proves we can do it if we set our minds to it.I must have my reminder unchecked on my puter. I'm sorry, I missed your birthday, will you forgive me. Hey hard for hubby to forget your birthday. I bet your dinner last night was a fun fest, I hope so. I can just see you all decked out in red yesterday, Oh to be so small.

Skeeter~~Girlfriend if your back to walking again that is a very good beginning. You have so many things going on all the time. What has happened, you didn't use to go this much. Girl didn't you know that food has a very quite voice that only compulsive eaters can hear, you know like a dog and sharp noises. I'm having a real hard time getting used to this new keyboard. Almost like the other one but the feel is different.

Marybeth~~Sorry to hear about your job. It just seems like a person can never get ready for something like that. I was shocked when you said you had been drinking, I don't know why. But I do admire how honest you was about it, most of us would have kept that a secret. I sure understand why your out of sorts. Man what a blow. You will come out of this funk, we always do. Who knows maybe you'll find a much better job. You can dump any time you want to, that's why we are here. You take care of yourself, and don't you stay out of here too much, we will worry about you, DO YOU HEAR ME???? I took zoloft one time a few years ago, I finally took myself off. I thank a person should take something if they need it. And for God's sake don't compare your romantic like to that of Tobey, that girl always has something up her sleeve along the lines of romance. I'm glad your mom is going to live somewhere else, it's just some added stress off of you. She will be fine there and will end up being happy there too when she gets used to it.

Jo Jo~~I am so glad your hubby has found a job, and working with trucks should be a pretty steady one, they will always be needed.I hate that numbness at night too. Right now mine has let up some. In the spring when I go out and start working again, it will flare up again. It didn't cost me anything to get my puter fixed, the warranty I bought paid for it. I did have to buy the new keyboard, but it only cost 9.49, can you believe they sell them that cheap.Good attitude about the days furlough, use it for yourself and enjoy the day.
Terasa~~I thought you was gone for good. So glad to see your post roll up. My Lord girlfriend, what else could happen to you. I hope insurance paid for all your stuff. Sometimes it is hard just to be on line friends. Sometimes I feel the need just to hug someone, that's how I feel right now, I would just like to hug you and say we've all gained weight, don't worry about what you have gained, it can be lost again. "This to shall pass." We care about you, just keep coming in.

Jen~~I know what it feels like for blood sugar to drop out. When I'm eating right and losing weight I have to watch what I eat for breakfast or mine will drop out in about an hour after I eat. I have not eat any starch or sugar at all the first meal of the day. But after that I'm OK. My blood pressure seems to be getting better early mornings. Maybe its because the meds are really getting built up in me, maybe because I have a better attitude, or maybe because I'm eating much less and eat less salt. It was 156\80 this morning, beats the heck out of 177\97 doesn't it??

I thank I got everyone, sure hope so. OH I got a new camera like Skeeter got but I haven't had time to learn to use it yet. I don't thank I told you all yet, but I found a 20.00 bill yesterday, so run onto this camera and put 30 to go with it and bought it. I hope it works, Skeeter's does. Until tomorrow, be good to yourself.
Teresa...the attachment is for you.
Closed Thread