Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default A little worried about

tomorrow's weigh in. I totally splurged tonight at dinner. My family and I went out to a great steakhouse and I had about 2oz of salmon and a baked potato and a ceasar salad. I ate the salad right away and then the potato cause I knew I would like the salmon reheated tomorrow. I left there feeling just miserable. That was the first splurge I've had since I started right after Christmas and I don't plan on having another in a long time.

I came home and did WATP Walk and Kick and I've had 2 16.9 oz bottles of water to get rid of some the sodium (if that's possible) but I'm still worried about tomorrow's weigh in. I know it isn't fat I'm gaining but I hate the water weight just as bad..

It feels good to have this out of the way because we had it planned for a long time. I was REALLY looking forward to it and it wasn't all I had imagined.

Thanks for letting me vent.
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

That's really not a terrible meal at all! The caesar salad is a bit dodgy, but salmon is excellent (next time, eat the salmon first, then the salad) and a baked potato is relatively harmless, depending on the toppings. If I were you, I'd feel very pleased with myself and vow that next time I'd order a green salad with dressing on the side. A girl does need to eat dinner and yours shouldn't affect your weigh-in much at all.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:57 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Lynsey, I agree. Really not an awful meal to feel guilty about. The Caesar salad's biggest devil would be the dressing and croutons, but other than that it's pretty much just lettuce (and anchovies ).

A lot of restaurants have their nutritional info on line, so if you're planning another night out see if you can plan your meal ahead of time. I like to get a take home box right away and put half my meal in it. Then I can finish my plate and not be crazy stuffed.

Don't let a "diet" get in the way of life! You still need to enjoy your time out with friends and family and you should savor your food. It's not the enemy!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-24-2008 at 03:57 AM.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Well, it was only up .5 from last week. I'm happy about that but still a little bummed that the scale didn't budge all week before that. Come on 172!

Oh, and I fully agree. I want this to be a lifestyle change but I know I could've made better choices and been just as happy. I've been craving a caesar salad like a mad woman though. And it only had 3 croutons. LOL!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #5  

I know tomorrow's weigh in is going to be bad for me. I had to go out of town for a funeral, and I really didn't worry about my diet at all. And so many people kept dropping food by the house!

Life happens. Pick up the pieces and go on. Some weeks are better than others. It's the overall journey that matters.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote