Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #16  
No description available.

I've never regretted sticking to my plan. I have frequently regretted straying from it.

Sure, in the moment I can be tempted, whiny, and freely justifying going off plan.

But when I remind myself how much better I feel staying on plan, that helps. Regret or success? What would I rather feel? How would I rather live? I am strong and so are you.

Cravings and temptation are just a moment. It will pass. The feeling of being strong stays with you longer.

First, forgive yourself. You are human.

Second, think about what you can do next time to stay on plan. Is there a food you can substitute that will be ok calorie-wise?

Third, discipline is more reliable than motivation. Somedays it is hard to stay on plan. I know it is. But it will ALWAYS ALWAYS be worth it. You are the only one with the power to achieve your goals. I would say good luck, but it is not luck. It is commitment....even when it is hard.

I know you can do it.

Last edited by midwife; 01-22-2008 at 08:36 PM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

That's why i love this site!! All the support is what we all need and when jayell standsup like that ... its kinda like boot camp in a way! Sometimes we need that!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:55 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
"If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse."

What is it going to be?

Some things to think about:
- It does not get easier as you get older and/or heavier. Many 3FC members know this.
- Commitment can't come and go every weekend. That's not commitment, that's a hobby.
- Enthusiasm goes away, and motivation isn't always going to be there. That's when commitment comes through. And when commitment seems weak, discipline ("just do it") will sometimes save the day.
Worth repeating, thank you!
GeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #19  
Smartypants

Well said photo, well said.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote