Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Talking WooHoo!!

I'm so glad you guys are with me!! The past 4 days I've been sticking to my guns and even doing walk away the pounds ( which i absolutly love!! ) I peeked on the scale this morning and i'm down another pound! Thats 4 in 4 days! I know being my first week you lose a litttle more due to water and such. I estatic!! I will weigh my self again on monday to see where i'm at. Thanks for all your help and support. This really means a lot to me !! Oh, and guess what I am also proud of myself for this little thing to you guys, but big to me: I have been drinking like 70 oz of water at least too. I can't stand water, but i'm realizing the benefits.. I feel great!!!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #17  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyvanilly2b View Post
I have been drinking like 70 oz of water at least too. I can't stand water, but i'm realizing the benefits.. I feel great!!!
That's great!! I remember when I first started actually craving water, thinking, "This is the most bizarre thing!"
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #18  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Skinny, that's great - congratulations. I guess I'm lucky cuz I really love water. It's my #1 drink of choice. But still I have a hard time remembering to get enough into me, so good for you! For me, it makes all the difference, especially for my skin. The winters up here in VT can be very dry, so when I don't drink enough, the skin on my fingers cracks and bleeds and hurts - and it just ain't pretty. When I drink enough water, that happens way less. So wouldn't you think that between liking the stuff and having a good incentive to drink it, that it would be easy for me suck up 70ozs or more??? Noooo... I've gotta be self-destructive about this (as well as about food) and do battle with myself about drinking water. Sometimes I doubt my own sanity.

Lynsey, your story about your husband always offering you food made me think of my Mom. She lives 300 miles away, so getting together usually means a weekend "event." And when we're at her house, she shleps out the "goodies," cuz she wants to spoil us. Of course, when there's a bowl of nuts on the table, I feel compelled to eat them till the bowl is empty. Somehow, I feel that it's MY job to make that bowl be empty (could it be that I learned this when I was 3 yrs old and was told that the sun wouldn't shine tomorrow if I didn't clean my plate??). Trouble is, when the bowl gets to be toward bottom, and just when I'm thinking "Oh good, it's nearly empty...," she gets into her "hostess" mode and pops up to refill the darn thing. I'm nearly 53 yrs old, and this little pattern between us has never changed - despite my asking her many, many times not to put the junk food on the table. Her response is "Well, I don't stuff it in your mouth. If you don't want to eat it, don't." She, of course, is thin. She feels that she, too, has a "weight problem" because she has to "work at it" to stay within a 5# weight range. Aaaarrrggghhhh!! I love her dearly, but she is utterly without a clue on the subject of compulsive eating.

Best wishes to all of you for a good day...
Birgit
Sandypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:02 PM   #19  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Sandypickle--next time at your mom's--don't eat the nuts... really! Try it!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #20  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Thanks, Jay - you are right. When I put that first nut in mouth, my ship is sunk. The better strategy is not even to eat the first one. When I'm in a "healthy" frame of mind, that works. Right now, today, that would work. But tomorrow? Who knows...

But luckily I won't be seeing my Mom tomorrow...
Sandypickle is offline   Reply With Quote