Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2008, 02:58 AM   #16  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

It had to be the bed. My parents bed broke and they are teeny tiny little people and they were only sleeping on it........
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:48 AM   #17  

Height: 5 foot 7

I totally agree with everyone else, It HAD to be the bed. Noway, no-how did it break because of your weight. This is how I know! I have a cheap bed! Actually it's just full size bed rails with a head-board attached. At the start of my diet I was 227 pounds. I layed on the bed ALL the time at 227, WITH my 174 pounds husband laying on the bed, My 43 pound 4 y/o son laying on it too WITH a 80 pound 9 y/o son JUMPING on the bed. Now this didn't just happen once on my old bed, this happens weekly and we've had this same bed for years and years! And all of our weight together is 524 pounds WITH 80 pounds of jumping force. My cheap $25 dollar bed rails are still as strong as can be!

So since I know for a fact it was NOT you that broke the bed, I feel I can now giggle about the situation with your boyfriend going flying in the air!! hahaha!!! Classic!

Oh and I'm glad you are back on the wagon again! You have done it before and stayed on it, you can do it again! We are all here for ya! You Can!
dawnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Funny how you mention that , the same thing happened to me a week ago! But i didnt even move around! I was just sittin there, and it just fell to the floor! I weight 192 and i know now that the bed was a piece of junk cause its only a year old, my man also weighs 185, thats not cool!! im gonna throw him out tha water and vow to weigh less than him!! It was definitly the bed, have you ever seen the tests beds have to go through before they leave the factory!! I did and it wasnt you!!
skinnyvanilly2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:39 AM   #19  
Smartypants

Long overdue, but girl it is the BED not you! I hit 229 yesterday (hooray) and james is at 265 (he doesn't care what he weighs grrr), and both of us - albeit with much creaking hahaha -get on the bed, sleep on the bed, wrestle on the bed...you name it, it takes quite a beating! And ours is simply a metal bedframe and mattress set, you know those frames with wheels you get for like, $30 or something - that's what we have. We can't decide on a headboard so we just haven't gotten one yet. On a last note, my kids each have bunk beds made of solid wood that we separated into two twin beds. On my 13 yr old's bed, the slats that hold the mattress up bend towards the middle, and he's only about 150 LOL. :HUGS: to you - and smile, it is not you girl, never in a million trillion billion gazillion years.

Last edited by txangelgirl; 01-16-2008 at 12:40 AM.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:12 AM   #20  

I am much bigger then you,and I haven't really broken my bed yet...

Well, sorta not.. I once jumped into my bed because well, I was getting excited about something lol...and I heard the boards (you know the ones under the boxspring)I heard one crack!

I bet its all that wrestling you guys do in bed, I bet it is. haha. That's what I blame my half broken bed for...Was the excitement that I would finally get to wrestle again after 2 weeks!Woot!

LoL Oh, I wouldn't be worried about it at all! Beds are wood, and anything can happen to them, and beds are made for 2 people ( and sometimes 3-5 depending on how many kids decide to climb in with you)

At least you have humor to it, I know that when I cracked my bed I wasn't even in the mood anymore, I cried,and my bf had to remind me that the bed is old,and it has withheld many many many wrestling matches lol. And at least your boyfriend flew out of the bed, that was pretty funny huh?lol

Well, Get back on your journey,and know that it's not your weight that did it, stuff like that happens all the time!
seraphimbeauty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:03 AM   #21  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys! thanks for the support. Y'all made me laugh ^.^
my boyfriend found the problem. Turns out the piece of wood that holds the bed to the frame is only like a inch wide. (he said it needs to be at least 3 inches or more).

So he's fixing it. at the moment we've propped the bed up and sleeping at the foot of the bed. lol. It's a very nice bed, just the frame on the inside holding the bed is cheap, cheap!
I am back on my journey now. ^_^ hopefully this is the last time I do this. hehe
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #22  
Anime Cat Girl

S/C/G: 255/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Haha! You aren't large enough to break a bed!
FluffeyNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #23  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I had a bed in highschool with super cheap slats. The would snap or warp out of place, and I was one lonely higherschool weighing in @ 150-170.

I firmly don't trust beds with slats. The frames we bought for our daughters have metal, meshy, springy bottoms that the mattresses lie on.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote