Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 07:58 AM   #16  

Exactly, Crone!!!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 08:50 PM   #17  

The exercise for next week will be much more fun and insightful....I will post it Saturday.
Old 02-02-2002, 09:34 AM   #18  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Question this was an interesting one

Hi All,

I just wanted to drop in and say "hi" -- this exercise was definitely interesting. I've been crazy busy and sick for the last month (better now though). I've lurked but haven't managed to post.

The idea of keeping more of your "trigger" foods in the house than you could possibly eat is intriguing. I know that I've seen it before as the first step in breaking the compulsion.

I had a tiny flirt with the idea -- I bought a rice krispie "health food" (had dried fruit, nuts and PB in it -- so good!) square one day and ate it, mid-afternoon when I was hungry. The next day, I walked to the store (about a mile) and bought two (instead of telling myself I was only allowed to have one, i thought i could either save one or eat both if i wanted). I ate both of them when I got home. I was hungry, and felt satisfied after, and didn't have any impulse to stuff my face. It worked out well. I intend to keep some kind of food like that in the house for that situation. Maybe I can beat compulsion yet! I saw a recipe for something like that on epicurious and i think I'll try to make some (DH would like them too).

Lucky Ladybug, I want to thank you again for continuing to post these exercises. They (and the thought and discussion that they encourage) are so helpful! I'm going to try to go back and do the ones I've missed -- there were definitely some that seemed like they would be very useful.

You are doing so fabulously!

Hi to everyone else! I've got to get off the computer and get some exercise; typing just doesn't cut it!

Love to All!

xo
babette
Old 02-02-2002, 10:49 AM   #19  

Thanks Babette I hope it is helping. I know these exercises are helping me. I haven't had a big Ah Ha...but I have noticed in suttle ways that I eat and think about eating differently.

Last night I was at the grocery store and decided I needed a "candy" treat for my hard work. (old thinking at work) I went to the candy isle and walked back and forth about 4 times and realized nothing appealed to me so I went to the checkout lane. Before I would have still bought something and ate it.

Babette if you need any of the exercises it can be long and stressful looking for them so let me know. I have them all in Word and could PM the ones you are missing to you.

I will be posting the new exercise now....

This thread has reached :
Closed Thread