Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-13-2007, 02:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Default I've fallen and need to get up!

I was doing SO good then my husband went to a night shift and I've been screwed up ever since. Sorry I'm venting here, but here goes. . .

Money is tight because hubby switched jobs so we have that lovely period between pays (it should be a crime to hold a paycheck back!) so as you can imagine old mother's hubard's cupboard is bare! I'm trying to stretch things out so of course it's kind of forcing me to buy junky filler food that's not so good for us but keeping bellies full until I can buy some groceries (which will be this Friday thank goodness!)

I'm going to work earlier so my early morning walk has been cut out. I could try to get up even earlier to get this in but my schedule has been so out of whack and also the mall I live near is not open that early to walk and It's been quite cold outside and when I try to walk outside it takes my breathe away.

Some of the newer smaller clothes I got still fit, but by now they should of been getting loose on me. I haven't jumped on the scale but know I've put on a couple of pounds.

I'm ready to get my head out of my you know what though so that's why I'm venting my frustrations now and can't wait for Friday to come so I can buy good healthy foods. I know it's going to be hard to get my exercising in but hopefully as the weeks go by and I get used to this new schedule I'll be able to factor them back in.

Thanks for listening everyone!

PS - it was tremendously helpful getting this all off my chest!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #2  

Hang in there, and just remember, fresh veggies cost less than that junk food we love to buy. I had a rotten weekend myself and I was only on week 1 - how is that for no willpower. I am back in the saddle now and hope the same for you.
batina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:48 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

batina,

Vealcalf2000, life just changes, doesn't it? The challenge is to stay with a plan or modify the plan as needed to fit the circumstances.

Think about the choices--there are always some lower-calorie options, even on a restricted budget. Also, think of ways to get your walking in--at a later time, during lunch break, whatever--rather than just dropping it because morning is too early and cold.

It takes creativity, but others have managed and so can you! We're here for you! We want to see you succeed!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Just wanted to say i have been there. Especially the screwed up schedule and the money being tight part. It is impossible sometimes to eat healthy when a $10 bill has to feed 4 people dinner and breakfast the next morning. It is SO hard. Healthy food is high in my neck of the woods, pasta, bread, and other fillers are cheap and that is where i have to steer when times are tight. Just keep in mind peanut butter on wheat is a good cheap choice. Low fat beef chili is cheap and can be healthy. Those are two of my, "i am broke but trying to eat healthy" options. Just remember, this too shall pass.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #5  

If you have a crockpot it will make the cheaper and tougher cuts of meat edible, too.

I'd really like some ideas for lower cost low carb meals as well because my creativity with cooking has a repertoire that is getting very boring to me. Also, having to cook for a family is sort of hard for me while still trying to low carb. Anyone else have the same problem?
msister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 254/250/150

Height: 5"2"

I agree that it is cheaper to eat junk. You can buy chips so much cheaper than veges......... I also understand the time issues for exercise... day light savings time is killing me- it's dark when I get up and dark when I get home and I live out in the country with no street lights so if you go walking, you are walking in the dark.
smills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #7  

Jay;
Thanks for the welcome. I just love this sight. Just reading these posts keeps me motivated to stay on track. I am slotted for knee replacement surgery in Dec. so want to stay on plan and get as much off before and after as I can. I am going to start swimming this afternoon. there I said it...now you can keep me accountable. I have been a member of the Y for years and just watch that money come out of my checkbook. Insanity !!!!! It is just so nice to visit with others that know EXACTLY how I feel.
batina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

With the weather getting crappy, it might be a good time to check out the Walk Away the Pounds videos. A lot of libraries carry them and you can check them out for free. Pretty cheap on E-Bay occasionally as well.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Thanks for your support everyone! I was getting so darn frustrated and knew my buddies here could help

The Walking off the pounds videos sound really good. I'm a member of my local library and can't wait to see if they have any in stock!

I know my eating will get a lot better come Friday when I can finally buy some groceries. I think I just went into a panic when my salad mix, low fat cheese, cottage cheese, yogurts etc started disappearing from the fridge and I didn't have the money to replace them-YIKES!

My outlook is so much brighter and I know I'm headed in the right direction. Thanks so much everyone!!!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #10  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I have to disagree with the fact that junk food is cheaper than healthy food. It may not be exactly what you want but here are some things that fill you up that are cheap cheap cheap. Tuna, all beans, canned veggies, whole grain bread, peanut butter, bag apples, bananas, onions ( I grill them), cucumbers, yogurt Stuff like that.

I just moved and I havent had a paycheck in over a month, I have some money now, but that wasnt until 2 days ago lol. Anyways... ive been having to eat cheap. These are the kind of things I have been eating for the last month. I dont eat meat, just the occassional fish so its probably easier for me, but when you are hungry, you eat what you have. I would rather eat an 82 cent can of beans than an 82 cent frozen pizza. You only have 2 more days so your almost there, just if you fall on hard times again.. consider these options..

just to add.. I had a sweet tooth the other day so I bought 2 pears (one for me and one for my little girl) and a thing of fat free cool whip, $3.53 and I baked the pears with Fat Free Promise cinnamon and nutmeg, sooo good, and we had dessert for 4 people I didnt realize it would be so filling.

As far as exercise is concerned, I have a gym membership but they dont have a daycare and I dont have anyone to watch my daughter right now while I go so I have been putting those workout videos to use... think of it like this.. its not an option, its like brushing your teeth, washing your hair, doing the dishes, just something that needs to be done everyday Helps me too look at it that way..

Last edited by Ready2ShedLBS; 11-14-2007 at 11:16 AM.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #11  

OP think frozen! I am on a buget as well!

Fresh veggies are expensive where I live but frozen or canned can be $1 per pound for things like okra, brocolli, corn, green beans, and spinach leaf.

I love mixing thawed brocolli, and spinach, into two eggs - it is my fav low carb treat though that is not my plan.

Mix - salt pepper cumin and redpepper - put in skillet on low heat and make a thick veggies patty - flip gently and slice - goes great in soft tortillas with some salsa as well!

Ps: the only freash veggies i spend on are tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce. Those salade packs are a waste of money, you can get 3x the salade at 1/2 the price if you chop your own lettuce. Plus they never include tomatoes!

Last edited by chickyboo; 11-15-2007 at 09:17 AM.
chickyboo is offline   Reply With Quote