Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Back tracked - and how to get back on track?

I back tracked. Majorly. I was doing so well, losing weight, had more energy then ever and then about July I just quit. I don't know why. It started with getting a deathly flu that lasted almost two weeks, then I was backed up with work in my business, my house and fridge became a mess, and I had to travel some.

So last weekend I cleaned my house and office completely, organized my closets again - and I'm feeling like I'm ready for a fresh start. I got on the scale and the "damage" of junk food and eating out and not exercising is +8 pounds, weight I worked hard to get off. I started this at 180 and now I'm at 176, it's so depressing, I was down to 168 and 166 on good days...

I had a goal of reaching my birthday March 4 at my fittest and best weight in years. So there's four months left, is it possible? Likely not the fittest but certgainly I can lose at least 1 lb per week if I focus - four months - 16 lbs and get down to 160, yet I'd really like to get to 155 for LIFE.

My clothes don't fit again, I know I messed up. But the past is the past, the key is not to back slide. So out with the exercise journal. Back to the 3-4 times a week of weight training that I loved. And 4-5 days of even 30 min of cardio. And calorie counting that I don't enjoy. Perhaps the 5 Factor diet that's popular.

Any ideas on how to get back on track? Anyone else done this after months of hard work?
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Hey, you're back! You've already made the most important decision: to recommit!

I'm pretty sure that millions of people have had a similar backsliding experience, so that's normal. The important thing is that you're back in the game, back here at 3FC and back to work. Now get thee to the gym!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think many of us have been in your shoes, numerous times in fact. Hey and only an 8 lb gain, not too bad if you ask me. Use these past few months as a learning experience. Remember how you don't like the feeling of having to start all over again, how you clothing doesn't fit as well - and move on.

Sounds like you're really ready to refocus, regroup and recommit. Which is a great thing. Nothing like going back to the beginning, dieting 101 as I like to call it, to get back on track. Good luck.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

It's true, this time I "know what to do" at least, and it's not dieting 101. I thought it would have been worse then 8 lbs actually, before two weeks ago it probably was, I made myself just "stop" eating the junk food, quit drinking the beer, and quit whining. Likely there were a few more lbs there, that I didn't even dare get on the scale to see...

It's not just the clothes not fitting. The results of sitting around eating junk and complaining - it's mental too. I was on such an natural high from nutrition and exercise, my energy was soaring. And lately I didn't even want to move. It's like night and day.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote