Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2007, 04:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Wow.. well as a customer I do rely on the waitstaff to tell me if something is good when I go out to eat and I will often ask them if they have sampled it themselves. But I see your problem as a worker there but as person trying to improve their health. Hopefully now you're over the part of your training that requires you to eat their food. If not then I would just keep doing what you're doing which is having very very small portions of what you're required to sample. If someone says something snide about your eating habits just ignore them or say that your stomach can no longer tolerate foods like this since you've started a healthier lifestyle. I can sympathize. This past Wednesday night I ordered Pizza hut and ordered my fave kind of piza and buffalo wings and cheese breadsticks since I had nothing to eat and needed to go grocery shopping but had no time and my hubby wasn't being very helpful to say the least about dinner. Boy I sure paid for it. My stomach actually woke me up in the middle of the night and I was sick all Thursday with cramps and a bad headache.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:25 AM   #17  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

britbrat Lesson learned, I hope!

Ready2Shed, when I have asked about menu listings in restaurants, sometimes the waitstaff simply says they haven't tried it, but that many people have ordered it and been satisfied. That's pretty much all I need to know.

I once split one of those onion things with a friend--and I felt queasy all night. It just had too much oil for my system, and that was before I began my weight loss program. So--that was a lesson for me.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #18  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

omg Jayell. I had a dream last night that I ate an entire "onion thing" and I remember reading that there was like 2000 cals in the whole thing and how I couldnt believe I did that. lol I love the dreams where I eat chocolate and I wake up and its not real. But waking up and discovering that I didnt eat a fried onion is not quiet as enjoyable.

BritBrat - When you go out to eat either your server is lying to you, they have tried it, or they are going on someone elses opinion. I always go with the popular opinion and tell people that. As a server you never want to talk down about anything on your menu, whether you like it or not.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote