Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #16  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Thanksgiving will be alot different for us this year but I am still gonna enjoy the family time to the fullest and the food portions in the smallest and yes I will work out on that day!!!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #17  
No description available.

It is one meal and I am going to treat it as such. I will have a nice long run in the morning. I think I will make butternut squash soup to take to the in-laws, cause it's something new and sounds yummy.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

We Canadians had our Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago. I told myself ahead of time that at our big, family Thanksgiving dinner, I could eat whatever I wanted. I ended up with a good variety of turkey, veggies, pumpkin pie, etc.

Then I stopped. In my family Thanksgiving lasts a few days because of leftovers. I still ate them, but that was where I was careful - choosing more vegetables, skipping the gravy, having a sliver of pumpkin pie rather than a huge chunk, etc.

It worked well for me, I think. I allowed myself the one meal of whatever, and then went back to making sensible choices.

Good luck to you all! Have a GREAT thanksgiving, and remember to focus on what you are thankful for!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #19  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Shane: I wish I could have some control over it all but I don't trust myself! No way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarieH View Post
Instead of throwing away leftovers just cook less which would work out cheaper for you anyway.
Man I never thought of that, I swear it. That makes total sense. And it was going to bother me to throw out the fattening stuff, that is a good solution. Thanks!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:46 PM   #20  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

These are some great ideas gals. One thing I forgot, about my situation though is ~ There will not be many leftovers from Thanksgiving Day because we will be having a lot of family, we will be doing the dinner across the street at my brother's house but we will be cooking here too...but....we will also have another turkey dinner on Saturday, for just our immediate family...my son and daughter in law my daughter and son in law ...since it is Thanksgiving I guess I have to allow him in my house my Step-daughter and my nephew.

I better walk that Turkey Trot TWICE!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #21  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Well... I was going to do my turkey trot (4 miler) but that is out...I am not allowed to run for 2-3 more weeks and not allowed to do hills or racing for several more after that

I am the hostess this year. Every year I get tempted to make T-day healthier and every year I chicken out because our guests really really do not respond well to the most yummy of healthy foods and I think they would be really mad.

But its ok, turkey day is just one day, last year I did well over t-day.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #22  
I restore Teeth.

I think I'm going to eat a meal like a regular-everyday meal minus the seconds. I know its a special occasion, but theres really no need for me to get carried away. I mean, the turkey can't possibly spoil that quickly, right?
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:13 AM   #23  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Wow.
I never do anything different for Thanksgiving. I have the day off but that is all. I usually spend the day wondering what I am going to do, since I have the day off! Oh - wait, I guess that is doing something different!
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:18 AM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Why don't you drive down here and have Thanksgiving with us.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:25 AM   #25  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Aw. That is sweet.
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:26 AM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

It's less than an 8 hour drive.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:25 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

ennay~what did you do that prevents you from running?

We have a Turkey trot here, too, but since I'll be so busy getting ready for the crowd, I'm not going to do it. I'll get up early and run my 2 miles, though.

The Saturday after the holiday, we're all driving into to Orange County to my cousin's house for a big rib BBQ. Ummm. I wonder how many calories that will be!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:32 AM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Good luck in your 5K ALLISON.

Well folks we are just 4 days away from riding the big bird

I am going to focus on maintaining the progress I have made in the last 3 months as I prepare for the feast! Seriously, other than the 5K Angie and I have done in 5 of the last 6 years (second year for the one Thursday) I will be having my "normal" Thanksgiving meal and enjoying the time with my family.

I hope that I make some of the better choices that I have placed into my "journey of better choices"....but if I don't...friday morning I will add an extra mile to the walk....which Reba and Rylee will be thankful for!

Enjoy your week as our holiday season begins .....oh and good luck!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #29  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Since I am not going to be eatting the turkey or the gravy, I will be having all side dishes, which is fine by me, I am really excited about this BECAUSE I am making a carrot cake ( the low fat variety) and I have been having the sweet craving lately, I just keep telling myself to save it for turkey day.. luckily because I practice portion control all the time, my tummy can only hold so much, which is what will keep me from over eatting, as for left overs.. I am sending the guest home with them . No waste, and I dont eat them.

Its just one day, and as previously mentioned, its not going to make nor break me and I wont even think about my waist line.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote