Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #16  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Lyria, that's exactly it! Much better appearance if toned.

I don't understand people like your sister who just want to look thin. And the thing is, she doesn't, from what you've said.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Jay - I know! I don't understand it either. All I can think is she must believe the old fear that women will bulk up if they so much as touch a weight. Although...it could be an innate sense of laziness as well lol. I sometimes think it is more to do with not wanting to go outside of her comfort zone - she's only 18 and is only now starting to learn about nutrition and healthy eating/lifestyle from me (she moved in with me a while ago...I've been working on her slowly :P).

I have recently enticed her into coming for walks with me after dinner because she's hit that stage where she has stopped growing - but keeps eating like her metabolism will keep up and it's not. She's gained and she's flipped, so I am hoping by encouraging her to just get out and be active with me so wont fall into bad habits. Either under eating OR over eating.

I guess it's just lead by example?
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #18  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

try lifting some weights and turning that flab into muscle. That will also increase your metabolism which will help you lose any remaining excess fat that you have left. You look great in your pictures. Good luck!
mamamona is offline   Reply With Quote