Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 10:02 AM   #31  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking day # 2.....YEAH!!!

Well I did it!! I finally took the big step and registered at ww's. I was a little dissappointed though....I went on Friday, only to find out that it wasn't open. So, I returned the next day and signed up. I don't know why I was apprehensive about going....maybe a little fear of the unknown, or perhaps afraid of failing again. BUT I DID IT, and thats all that matters now. All these years, I never had taken the time to find out, I thought the program was all about measuring and calculating-too time consuming I thought. But, after reading all the books,pamphlets etc,,,,,its really easy. Sure you have to plan your days meals, but in my mind; that just gives you a better accountabilty. (which I needed BIGTIME!!)

Oh...as for my drivers licsence, don't ask. Seems I can't get it until I get a tax id. number from the IRS, which takes 90 days to get, but I need my new liscence changed within 60 days....so I'm hoping I don't get stopped by the police!!!...lol but there's nothing I can do. Here's to Day #2.....on plan. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Sorry, this ones all about me...but sometimes thats just the way it goes. bye
Old 01-20-2002, 12:40 PM   #32  
Empress/Queen

I think I'm on Day 5, but it's hard to tell. I'm somewhat discouraged by being up two pounds today instead of down two pound as I should be. But hope springs eternal and there's a new week coming up. Today my main goal is to cut back on sweets. I've replaced my beloved vanilla slimfast in a can with low glycemic shakes formulated for diabetics (I'm not one) and am replacing marshmallows and truffles with glucose tablets, which taste good and satisfy me for 15 calories each. Hope to keep the sugar low all week, finish this **&&*** article and feel more balanced and in control.

Angel-Eyes: Good for you in joining WW! It's a good plan that helps many people to both lose weight and eat more nutritionally. I've thought about it, too, but don't have time for meetings. However, I see now that I can do the program online and at home even if there are meetings in my area. This was previously not permitted by WW but they've changed the policy. So I'm thinking about it.

I think I missed something; why can't you get a driver's license without a tax id number?
Old 01-21-2002, 12:56 PM   #33  

hello all. congrats on the losses i have read about (i'm a bit behind)! i really don't know where i am, but if i get off my fat @&& today and get to the gym (which i will do, of course ), i'll find oout. things have been tough here. i've been eating a lot, but i guess i could be doing worse. i have just started to do my bit of yoga and stretching before bed again. that always makes me feel better, and it's at least a bit of movement.
it seems i have all the best intentions, and i know what to do and how and all that, but then my willpower just dies. i hope that as my depression clears and the meds help out that that problem will clear up. one of the meds i am on is also used to help treat eatign disorders, so as a bit of a nice side effect, it has helped me before in that. i hope it will again.

crone-i have decided that the slimfast shakes are pretty good, but they have to be really cold. i liek the strawberry a lot, too. about the ww online thing, is that through their website? sounds like that may be something i'd be interested in.

well, i'm off-hopefully to the gym
take care
Old 01-21-2002, 08:15 PM   #34  
Domestic Engineer

Day one a success!! (And I plan on keeping this streak going until the big St. V day!!)
Got to the gym and actually pushed myself and worked up a sweat. Generally I have a hard time when I'm doing treadmill or bike pushing myself, but things are going to change...
Fell in a really good mind-set right now and know things are going to take off for me now (Literally! )
I've been stopping myself for this whole past year...no longer!!

Last edited by jelynn; 01-21-2002 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:21 PM   #35  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 6

I'm calling it that, but not really doing great. Eating things I don't want, sleeping too much; very depressed at the finishing of a project when I should be happy. Go figure. Tomorrow will be better. May walk tonight or take a day off.

Sychie: I like slimfast either cold or not. Doesn't seem to matter to me. They're also good partially frozen and then whipped with a beater to make ice cream or a blender for a shake.

Yes, the WW is available at their website for anyone. They also ran ads and a promo piece about it in their magazine. Think it's the issue out now; it has a blue cover. Good luck.
Old 01-22-2002, 02:01 PM   #36  

hello. here on day 2, i guess. had a full 24 hours that was really good-been a looong time since that happened. didn't make it to the gym, but i did work out here, and i am feeling it today. ouch!
splurged a bit for lunch, but i know that i can control what i eat the rest of the day and be ok. besides, i like to try to have lunch be the biggest meal.

jelynn-congrats on a good day 1 and a trip to the gym. keep up the good work,

crone-thanks for the idea for freezing the slimfast

hope everyone else is doing well. take care
Old 01-22-2002, 03:19 PM   #37  

Default Made it thru a weekend of non-counting eating with no gain!!!

Hey girls...how are ya all? Well I got home from Montreal last night and had a great weekend....Brent and I had a really nice time but it sure felt odd not pulling 2 kids out from the backseat and buckling them back up each time we went somewhere!!!....My mom had a good time with the boys and called me this morning to ask when she would have them again.....said she missed her boys....LOL.....we ate normal over the weekend but didnt count points....and boy did we walk our booties off.....holy cow......my legs and knee were killing me.....I was so lame yesterday I could barely move!!!...but happy to report that I managed to maintain my weight with NO GAIN....yahooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Angel......hope you manage to become street legal with your license soon...I bet it must be a lot of work getting yourselves all set up for the states!!!...how are E and L doing? Jesse and Kail are doing pretty well.....Kail is finally done cutting teeth for a while I hope.....he now has ...hmmm.....8 on top and 6 on bottom......4 of them were coming in when he had the sinus infection and double ear infections so life here wasnt too quiet.....!!!....Jesse is back to school today and was excited to go back....he hates it when they have long weekends.....he loves being at school with all his friends!!!
How is everyone else doing today? I managed to get myself back on plan today from the weekend and began my journaling again.....so far so good........!!!
Well, I need to go finish washing/drying all my bed linens and the boys and get it done before Jesse comes strolling in from school......talk to you all later and take care.....LisaL
Old 01-23-2002, 12:03 AM   #38  
Domestic Engineer

Day 2...
Didn't get a "work out"-- was sooo busy today! but all that running here, there and everywhere has to count for something!
Still doing great with the eating and water...still too much pop though. But I say right now as long as I'm staying away from fast food I can have all the Diet Coke I want!!
Tomorrow I go back to the gym...don't know if I mentioned here, but I'm volunteering in the childcare now-- it's great, a free membership *and* (and most of all) it gets me there!!
Lisa- sounds like such a great time! My DH lived in Montreal for a short time several years ago and would love to take me back! I would love it too. Can't even imagine a weekend without 2 boys!!
Well, have a great night and we'll check in tomorrow...
Old 01-23-2002, 11:52 AM   #39  

Default Streaking Away To A New Me!!!

Hey girls....how ya all doing? I am doing really well....I am seriously finding this time around a whole lot easier than the last time I was doing WW's....I think my main problem the last time was I was eating only the SmartOne meals and HealthyChoice meals and their snacks etc.......this time around I am not eating any of them and making our own meals......seems more like eating NORMAL when I eat my own cooked meals!!!

Jelynn.....you should go to Montreal......you would have a blast.....its a whole new world there compared to here in the states......LOL.....you see ALL walks of life on one street.....St Catherine street is so amazing......there are a bunch of underground malls that go forever it seems.....they are so cool.....and the food up there is AWESOME too....cant believe I didnt gain a pound and I ate pizza 3 days in a row....ha ha ha....but like I said.....I walked so much my whole body was lame for 2 days!!!

Angel....how ya doing girl? Sorry I havent hooked up with ya in chat but I rarely get on this computer like I used too! I find myself snuggled up on the couch watching TV since its so darn cold here!!!....Hope all is well with you, M, E, and L!!!

Ya know.....we all lend each other so much support and we form bonds on here......we should try to make plans this summer for a meeting.......I know a lot of other groups get plans together and they make a designated meeting place and they hang out for a night or 2 and they share stories, have fun, etc.......I know I would totally be up for a group gathering this summer at some point...what does everyone else think???

Crone, swimmer, and others....how are all ya doing? I am hoping your all doing well!!!

Talk to ya later......LisaL
Old 01-23-2002, 11:58 AM   #40  

hey all. i guess this is halfway through day 3 for me. i weighed in this morning and i am down 3 pounds, so that made me happy. i did well at not pigging out after my splurge lunch yesterday, and i went to the gym this morning. it was only for a little bit, but every bit counts. so far, so good for today.

mom 2-congrats on making it though a trip w/o gaining-when you're walking a lot on a trip, it certainly is easier.

jelynn-i would have to agree that diet coke is the lesser of the 2 evils when compared to fast food. keep up the good work staying away from the grease-to-go. i stopped drinking soda when i stopped smoking a year ago-it was hard, but now i really don't miss it.

crone (wherever you may be, hope you're doing well)-i had frozen french vanilla for dinner last night and it was great. i think that will be a new help for me.

onward!
one day at a time, we're all getting there....
Old 01-23-2002, 12:20 PM   #41  
Empress/Queen

Not sure what streak day I'm on, but doing ok. Yesterday I dumped a client who'd been a pain for too long. Felt really upset and eating too much. But today felt great and felt like running for the first time in ages. But kept it at a jogwalk. I'm still keeping to my St. V. goal of 10.5 pounds from where I started, even though I was up last week. You never can tell, I might make it; if not, I'll extend it to St. Pat's.

Everyone sounds like they're doing great. Missing some posters, though, and wondering how they are ... come back!

Esto perpetua!
Old 01-23-2002, 03:06 PM   #42  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink just checking in.....

Hi Ladies. Today is a good day.....(what? another one, I seem to be on a roll...lol) and the pts on ww's are getting easier to figure out. AND.......when I was at the mall today, and little boy wanted pizza.....he had pizza and I didn't feel 'cheated' just having a veggie salad!!! WHAT A BREAKTHROUGH MOMENT!!!! lol lol....
I was rather hungry though, and rushed home to a nice bowl of cottage cheese....guess I needed the protein. Anyway, it sure was filling and deliscious. I have been cruising the sites for good ww's low pt recipies. If anyone has some sure-fire winners, please post them.
Crone-Glad to hear you're feeling better enough to almost run...but a good walk clears your head too! I really enjoy going for a walk. In answer to your question.....the tax id. number is the same as a social sec. number but because dh is the one who works, he get a social sec. number....and since I'm just along for the ride,(so to speak and not allowed to work) mine is the tax id. Which takes 90 days to receive. Take care, bye
Old 01-23-2002, 04:17 PM   #43  

Hey girls.....glad to hear most of us are having OK days!!!

sychie....good for you on your 3# loss....thats great....your on your way to a new you!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Crone...sorry to hear about dumping one of your clients but having your sanity is more important than a pain in the booty client!!!

Angel....YAHOO FOR YOU.......glad to hear you had a breakthrough moment at the mall!!!..I have a ton of recipes that I use for low point meals because I cant use as many pts as Brent.....I can type them out when I get some breaks thru the night and day and then email them to you if you like.....I just found one last week....the mexican chicken....YUM YUM YUM...making it again tonight!!!

Does anyone have a crock recipe for sweet and sour chicken where you use frozen lemonade???? I heard some ladies in chat a long time ago talking about it but never wrote the recipe down!

Will check in later........take care all....LisaL
Old 01-23-2002, 05:16 PM   #44  
Empress/Queen

Angel-eyes, I totally agree about walking, though I'm kind of antsy to start running again.

But walking is fundamental. There are so many ways to walk: Very slowly, which I think is healing and releases mental and physical toxins; moderately, just for fun and thinking; fast, for fitness; superfast, for intensity, etc. There's what I call mood walking (that's for brooding); racewalking; lifestyle walking; jogwalking (intervals of jogging and walking); hiking; marathon walking; volkssport; walking in place; Walkaerobics (Leslie Sansone); walking meditation, such as walking around a labyrinth or the walking meditation practiced by monks in some parts of the world ... the list goes on.

Sometimes I walk with my talking ("As Seen on TV") pedometer, but I'd like a more accurate one someday. On other forums I've seen support groups for Prevention Magazine's program of keeping a pedometer on all day and aiming for a certain number of steps to increase lifestyle exercise. This is not a new idea to Prevention but it's a good idea. I'd do it if my life were more stable.
Old 01-23-2002, 08:22 PM   #45  
Domestic Engineer

Had another sucessful day today..makes for 3 in a row...going for a true Valentines streak this time.
I'm beat so this will be short and sweet...
I'm trying to run-- I'm doing the interval training with walking and running for a minute or two at a time. Running is already getting easier-yay. I love that it's a great fat/calorie burner!
I'd love any low pt recipes you have Lisa-- let me know when you have them ready and I'll give you my e-mail.
I made beef stew tonight-- tomato based so there's one more veggie
Well, I'm off to put my feet up and hopefully read. (Want to the "The Shipping News" done so I can go see the movie this weekend!)
Closed Thread