Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #31  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Okay, so I'm not feeling upset about the contest now. Maybe it's because I changed the date of my personal goal of 20 lbs (you see, I had my personal goal + the biggest loser contest going on, maybe it was too much at once), or maybe it's because of this apple martini I'm havin' right now...regardless, I'm glad I'm not upset about it and am at peace with the weightloss process.

We had to take our dog to the vet tonight (4:15 appt) and that took until about 5:30, then we had to go grocery shopping. We were both starving, and a little stressed because they are testing a growth on our dog for cancer (he's our baby!), and we thought about eating ROUND TABLE PIZZA but instead we got some turkey jerky to snack on instead. We made it home and now we are making something fairly healthy to eat, and I'm so glad that we didn't eat that pizza...I would have been kicking myself in the *ss all night. I won't stress about our dog until we know for sure there is something to stress about. Okay, off topic but still important.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #32  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Even if you don't make your goal by your new goal date, don't let it get you down. As long as you've still LOST, you're still meeting your goal...to lose weight. I never did set timeline goals. My goal always was just to shed the weight. My hopeful goal is to reach that 135, possibly even 130. But being at a healthy weight and feeling good with the way I look, I'm not pressured to do it. As long as I keep maintaining my current weight, I've met my REAL goal.

As for competition. It works for some people. It hinders others. I had a co-worker wanted a little competition. I kept begging off on it, she kept pressuring. I finally went with a competition without the wager she was hoping for. The competition worked for me. But it didn't for her. Seeing me losing more, she turned completely around and started gaining, until she'd gained more than she'd lost. She'd have been better to have let the competition go. You may need to do the same. Stop worrying about what your husband loses and focus only on your goal to lose weight.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #33  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

You know, I think it made all the difference in the world to move that 20 lb goal date. And it's okay if I have to move it again. It's just something to shoot for. I think that was making the competition aggravating to me. I was actually having two competitions at the same time: me vs. husband and me vs. me. I feel less pressure now. It's okay if I lose the contest, as you said, I will still win because I will lose weight. It's all good in the end!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote