Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

Unhappy I could cry

Ok in the first couple weeks I was steadily losing and it felt good been then something weird started happening, on wednsday I was 153.6, then went to 153.8 then jumped to 154.8, and I just weighed in and I'm 155.2.
I wanna cry
Why is this happening, I'm still doing really good with my eating, still doing tae-bo, I don't get it. The ONLY thing I can think of is that I did have 1 really bad day last Saturday, I tottally binged, on pizza, ice cream among other things, could that one day and screwed me over this bad? I know there are things that can make fluctuate but I can't figure out what it is, I havn't been eating any more saly then usual, I drink plenty of water my TOM is still about 2 wks away.
Well it is what it is I guess, anyone have any ideas as to how I can get back to where I was asap. I'm scared to death tomorrow I'm going to wake up at 156.
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #2  
I restore Teeth.

You know, it could just be water fluctuation... don't panic, and don't sabotage your efforts..
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #3  

I won't, I'll stay on track, I'm just bummed. It was so nice seeing the scale go down consistantly, It's no fun seeing it go up.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #4  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

You said your TOM is about two weeks away--which means that more than likely you're about at ovulation time, right? Female bodies do frankly STUPID things with fluid, for all sorts of reasons. If you haven't been eating the calories, there's no physical way the fluctuation is fat. It just isn't possible. Drink more water. Then drink MORE water. Oh, and drink more water.

And stay off the scale! Keep your eyes focused on your goal, NOT on that number. Set a date for about 5-7 days after your next TOM to weigh yourself, and work toward that. Get on the scale then, not tomorrow or the next day.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Stop weighing yourself every day if you're going to become upset and discouraged! In an ordinary week, I'll see as much as a 5 pound fluctuation, but my weight only counts on Friday mornings. It's almost certainly just a natural fluctuation of the body, not a fat gain. Go easy on yourself.

That said, a bad binge can definitely undo whatever calorie deficit you have created on the other days, and can stop the losing. Perhaps you should think about tweaking your food plan so that binging becomes less likely?
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

Height: 5'2"

I know it sucks. I had been steadily losing for months, then it's nothing but crazy ups and downs for the past 8 weeks!! I would weigh 143 one day and 148 the next. Don't let it get to you, it happens to all of us and it passes I finally got down to 142 on Sunday (after over a month at 143), but I've been around 143-144 since then. My body works weird.....I might be at 139 in a week...I lose in spurts!!!
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:37 AM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Shy, try not to be discouraged. My weight can fluctuate by up to 5 lbs. in a given day. Usually if I have a really off day (like you had on Saturday) it takes a while for it to show up. But, drinking lots of water helps to flush out the fluid retention and then I'll see it's not as bad as I thought it was. Always remember,One day didn't make us overweight.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #8  

Thanks ladies, I feel a little better now. I'm going to TRY and put my scale away.

Hello my name is Shyleen and I'm a scaleaholic.

I never thought about ovulation being the possible reason.

I'm off to get a huge glass of water.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

No one said this, because you probably already know it--binging on pizza and ice cream are not part of a weight loss plan. Yes, it will screw up your weight loss to do that.

But don't give up. As the others said, it's probably mostly water weight. Stay on your plan and things will change.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

If you must obsess about the scale try graphing a running 7 day average. Yes, there are days when the scale hops up, then down, then seems to park on the same spot forever. Like ThePrettyOne, my weight changes in chunks. Same, same, same drop. Same, same, same, increase! The only way I've been able to stay positive is with the running average. Because that graph has a very nice, decent DOWNWARD trend and as long as I have that reinforcement, I can do this.

Oh, and in case you need another option -- DRINK MORE WATER!
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #11  
You'll see what u missed.

S/C/G: 228/219/150

Wow, after reading this post I drank a whole glass of water.
ValentineBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #12  

I never thought about averaging the weight out like that before, that's a good idea.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #13  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

This spreadsheet does 5-day averaging (link to .xls file is near the bottom of the page).
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #14  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I actually gain more weight around ovulation than TOM. Hopefully it will come down again soon. Mine usually comes down after a few days. It was a shock when this first happened though, because I had NO idea that I gained weight during ovulation, because my cycle had been SO irregular before (actually didn't have a TOM for about 8 years). I am learning about my 'new' body all the time.

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #15  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

"Hello my name is Shyleen and I'm a scaleaholic."

haha you made me laugh! Hang on in there, i have felt that sooo many times and i just kept on, it pays off!!
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote