Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 11:01 PM   #16  
burned out bus driver

Duhhhhhhhhhhh!
Is anyone up for a 5# challenge by Valentines Day?????
(I have to do something to get myself resinspired here!!)
Let me know what you think- I will go for it no matter what.

Ginny
Old 01-04-2002, 11:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi Ginny! My day went ok. I made it anyway! I ended the day at ... don't gasp...hold your breath...........420 calories. I know that's extremely low but I missed breakfast and now I'm too tired (I was up all last night, sick) to eat again. Tomorrow will be higher but not by much. Even with cereal twice a day and a Healthy Choice for dinner my calories will still be low. Below 600. But I'm feeling pressured to get this weight off so I may just deal with it until the wedding then go up to about 1300 calories a day for awhile. Or maybe I'll take a break from dieting for a week or two and just maintain. You know?
I know all of you are shaking your heads in dissaprovement, but some days your cals are high and some are low. This was my low day. Tomorrow will be higher. G-nite!!
Old 01-04-2002, 11:36 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
So we are on at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just hope that you will not backlash tomorrow with too much eating. But I know that I can do the same thing, and sometimes we get too busy to eat (wouldn't it be great if it happened to me tomorrow!)
Good luck tomorrow, Spryng! Ignore the scale, and focus on feeling great!
Ginny
Old 01-05-2002, 08:52 AM   #19  
Pending Email Confirmation

Angry Good Morning!!

Hi everyone! How is everyone's morning going this far? My children are 10 mo and 2 1/2 yrs old. This is my first time to potty train. If you are nervouse Spryng, get the book Dr. Spock's baby and child care. I'm raising both my children by him and the book has been in my family for many years. He outlines potty training in it (and everything else) it is a book I couldn't do with out. It's going well though. We should be potty trained by the 3rd bday,I hope! About the yoga,there are some relaxing exercises you can use but I prefer to workout first thing in the morn(gets the blood flowing) and in the afternoon when the stress factors kick in. Afternoons have always been my sittin on the couch eating bad food time. So it helps keep me focused on my diet. I am losing quite a bit of weight eatting just under 2000 cal a day. More than a pound a week. But I am very active too, maybe that helps. But I don't usually keep exact track of my cals I guesstimate. Yesterday I kept a log to see how many I'd have and to my suprize it was under 1000. I missed dinner though. But I'm going to keep track again today and see what I come up with. I had an awful sinus headache last night that's why I missed dinner. Do any of you know any home remedies to help ease these? I about die from them and sometimes nothing seems to help. I have seen the Doc about it and have a perscript for allergy med but sometimes it doesn't do the job. ok well I gotta go have a nice day all!
Old 01-05-2002, 09:07 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Angry

Good Morning!

I'm not feeling too great this a.m., so I'll keep this as short as possible. I sure hope that I'm not getting the flu because we are having company over tonight. Jeanene:
FYI-The recumbent bike that I have is the brand name:
PRO-FORM Crosstrainer 970 Model #PFEX39910 They also have a website www.proform.com This website shows you what new products they have available & they also have fitness tips! This is a stationary bike, so you can't really get anywhere with it (besides a toned body). Ginny: I'd like to go for the 5# challenge by Valentine's Day. It might be kind of hard to figure out on how much weight I'll lose though, because I refuse to hop on the scale until my clothes start fitting me better. I do definitely plan on burning my buns off on my new recumbent bike! Well gals,
I'm really feeling terrible, so I'm going to close for now.

**Jackie**
Old 01-05-2002, 09:11 AM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Misti-I used Spock too and found him helpful. As far as getting trained goes, well, when they are ready, they are ready, and it is almost impossible to potty train a child that is not ready to do so.
I had 2 kids get off of diapers before 2 1/2 (my son was the youngest, dispelling all those myths about boys being hard to train!) and my youngest was just 3. What I saw was once they are waking up with a dry diaper- then for the most part they can be trained- it just takes a day or two of just staying home near the potty ! B
Good luck to you potty trainers out there!!!!!!!
Gotta go. Ds has a basketball game today. So far, my eating is good and I will squeeze a walk in!
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 01-05-2002, 09:13 AM   #22  
burned out bus driver

Hi again!
Jackie, my cohort in crime----I do hope that you are feeling better!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to get it the other nite (the flu that is) but I felt bad for about a day and it never progressed.
I hope you are as lucky.
See ya!
Ginny
Old 01-05-2002, 11:10 AM   #23  

Wink I feel like I slept in

You all on the east coast are putting me to shame.... up like bright eyed bunny rabbits at the break of dawn.

Jackie; You take care of yourself gal... wish that I lived closer so I could bring some chicken noodle soup to you. Thanks for the info on the recumbent bike.... I have a proform treadmill that I love, but would like to purchase a second piece of exercise equipment, will have to talk to the Dh.

Spryng; I'm not shaking my head in disapproval. You're body will tell you when you've gone too many days without proper calories. I agree with Ginny ignore that scale... just try the dress on.

Misti; I have two boys and both were a kick in the pants to potty train. When they were ready I purchased some new undies... and a special toy wrapped up. That was their reward when all was dry. Several days were spent home, and many hours in the bathroom, but it was fun. sick aren't I.

Ginny; Sign me up, I love a challenge to lose weight.

My sister is coming into town on the 25th. Think I can loose 65 pounds by then She had her stomach reduced in size in July of 2001, and has taken off 75pounds. I just recieved some photos of her and she looks terrific, and best of all she is much healthier for it, her BP and blood sugar levels are acceptable. I'm just a bit nervous about seeing her at the end of the month. I've always been the smaller of the two of us, hope that she doesn't rub it in.

Love that this thread is so active, sure appreciate the support of this group.
Old 01-05-2002, 03:24 PM   #24  

Hi all!! I am excited to report that I have lost two more lbs!! I'm now 137!! I know everyone encouraged me to steer clear from the scale but I was curious this morning so I eased my way on it. Two lbs in two days is great! I may get this last 7 off now. It doesn't feel to big a job now. I'm really happy today. I've already had my cereal for breakfast and lunch. And I'll have a healthy choice for dinner. Tomorrow is my best friends bridal shower. I'm throwing it. We are havinglots of finger foods and I hope I can stay away from them. I have decided that I can have a little of it but not enough to hurt me. So it should be ok.
Thank you guys so much for supporting me. I just knew that if I told you how little I ate yesterday somebody would jump down my throat. But you guys are fantastic! Thanks so much!
skimom- when you say your friend had her stomach reduced in size do you mean stapled?? I'm asking because my mom-in-law is 300+ lbs and thinking about having her stomach stapled. She can't even walk from the ktichen to the bathroom without resting on the way to catch her breath. Her weight is getting out of hand. When she bends over to pick something up her stomach literally drags the floor. So I was curious about procedures that reduce stomach size. If you can give me any info on your friends procedure I'd be really grateful!
I hope you feel better freckles!!
Old 01-05-2002, 04:17 PM   #25  

Talking hi girls........

Spryng.. my sis actually had a portion of her stomach removed. It's the size of a banana now. Her intake can only be 3-4 oz at a time. Official name Bileo-Pancreatic Diversion/Duodenal Switch, usually know as a DS. She has been very sucessful with the procedure. Her weight was probably around 280 or so, but the real reason she had the DS done was because of her high BP.

Have a great day
Old 01-05-2002, 04:55 PM   #26  

Thanks skimom! My mom-in-law has HB too and bad knees so she is in desperate need to lose weight. Plus she is like 55 or something so she needs to do it soon before her heart gives out. So thanks for the name. Did your sis's insurance cover that?? I'm going to research it right now.
Old 01-06-2002, 11:07 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Unhappy

Not so lucky!

Well, I wasn't quite as lucky as Ginny was. I was in bed from the time that I signed off yesterday a.m., 'til 8:45 this a.m. (With the exception of several trips to the bathroom!) The only good thing that I got out of it was that my calorie intake stayed low. (Saltine crackers & soda). I did manage to get a bowl of chicken soup & a piece of finger jello to stay down this a.m. It looks like another low-cal day again for me. I sure hope that I feel better by tomorrow so that I can at least put some miles on my new recumbent bike. Well, I'm having a hard time concentrating due to a bunch of Cowboys & Indians running around on the floor above me. See yah all later! *Jackie*
Old 01-06-2002, 02:21 PM   #28  
Pending Email Confirmation

Unhappy Sick Too!

This is a short post, sorry. I've got a yucky stomach virusand am staying in the bed. Hope you all are warm and well. Misty
Old 01-06-2002, 10:27 PM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Oh my gosh!!!!
Misti and Jackie- I am soooooooo sorry that you guys do not feel feel well. The only good thing about that stomach bug is that you can't eat. But to feel so awful to avoid food! Gotta be an easier way to diet!!!!!
Well, you know me and threads of more than 2 pages.......
I am going to start thread #25- see ya there!!!!!!!
And lets hope that everyone feels better when they get there!
Ginny
Closed Thread