Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Default Need a Little TLC

I reached my 25 pound weight loss on Friday and was sooo happy. All day Friday I felt like eating but luckily I was able to keep on program. Yesterday was a different story. I binged all day - it didn't matter that there was no 'junk food' in my house I just ate lots of what was there. I was so disappointed in myself after having been so happy on Friday.

I went for an hour run/walk this morning and I feel better about it all now. Why do we do this to ourselves?
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey settie,

Sorry about your experience!

The question is, why did YOU do it? Can you come up with some reasons? I'm sure you must have realized that you were engaging in sabotage the whole time you were eating. What was it that kept you going? What sort of thoughts were you having? Was it because you felt like you were "done," so now you "get to eat"? I'm sure everyone would benefit from any insights you have.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #3  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Just get back up on that losing horse again! You are doing great!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

I really don't know 'why' except that I felt so good about my loss. Maybe you're right Jay - I thought I was done?!? Or, maybe I'm scared to lose anymore because I might bring attention to myself - I've had two or three people comment on my loss recently and I become rather self conscious when that happens.

I was definitely aware that I was 'engaging in sabotage' and kept telling myself to stop but I was almost robot like. At first I was thinking that it's not so bad to have a bit more once in a while but then it got out of control. I continued to think that I shouldn’t be doing this but it didn't seem to help. I guess I should have stopped myself before it happened.

I felt almost sick this morning and it took me a second to figure out why. When I did, I realized that I needed to get myself back on program. I am glad that I felt better about the situation and was able to go out and exercise. I hope that I'm back on track.

Thanks for your support.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey, Denise,

YES, you have done the right thing and are back on track with your exercise and desire to be back on your program. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I have to agree that sometimes it's best to just stay away from those foods that lead us off a cliff.

Put that episode behind you now! Move on, continue with your plan!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by settie View Post

I went for an hour run/walk this morning and I feel better about it all now. Why do we do this to ourselves?
I'm sorry dear, I didn't hear A WORD you said at first

but why do we go for a walk/run and feel better? Hummm....because we re-focused maybe?

JUST FOCUS BABY! Yep ~ You got it
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

for getting back on track!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote