3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Is it cheating to weigh yourself after... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/119613-cheating-weigh-yourself-after.html)

trooworld 08-03-2007 06:01 PM

Is it cheating to weigh yourself after...

Is it cheating to weigh yourself after "going to the bathroom" and before I eat breakfast? I know I weigh less when I weigh myself after such activities/before breakfast. Should I wait until the middle of the day to weigh? I feel kind of like I am deceiving myself for weighing using my current method. Do you "do the doo" before you weigh???

rockinrobin 08-03-2007 06:18 PM

That's EXACTLY when I weigh myself. That really IS your true weight. When your body is at it's emptiest so to speak. It's DEFINITELY not cheating. Your weight will increase as the day goes on just by the volume of food that you have eaten and haven't yet digested.

CousinRockingChair 08-03-2007 06:24 PM

No it isn't, since you might eat completely different things one morning to the next or whatever, but (normally) you don't eat/drink overnight, so its the same conditions every morning so to speak.

emily
xxx

alinnell 08-03-2007 06:34 PM

For most of us, that's the ONLY time we weigh!

kaplods 08-03-2007 06:39 PM

Firstly, like everyone said, it isn't "cheating," at all, but in fact the best time to weigh (for consistency and other variables not interfering, not in any way because there's a "wrong" way to do it).

That you ask, though kind of hints that you might be a little obsessive (do you worry whether the apple you are choosing has 45 or 50 calories?) I've definitely been there, but obsessing over small decisions can drive you absolutely crazy. If the scale is moving in the right direction, and your choices are usually healthy ones, you're doing fine!

Pita09 08-03-2007 06:45 PM

Heck, I weigh myself in the morning to find my lowest weight, then I weigh in the middle of the afternoon to see how I'm doing, and I weigh after dinner to see what the highest point of the day is. I even weigh in the middle of the night after I get up to pee, which with the amount of water I drink can be two or three times a night!! :dizzy:

I'm beginning to wonder if I should have bought those scales and put them in the bathroom. :idea:

SkiniJeni 08-03-2007 06:55 PM

That's when I weight myself. If you can weigh yourself completely naked that's even better, but it kinda depends on where your scale is.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-re...5/125/180/.png

need2loseinGA 08-03-2007 07:08 PM

I weigh myself in the morning as well. Like others I don't see that as cheating.

cakses 08-03-2007 07:19 PM

I wake up, pee, and then weigh myself. My weight fluctuates every other moment in the day, so this is the only time I know of that works to compare my weight to other days. I don't obsess over the day to day weight though. I do weight myself, but I am only concerned by how much I gave gained/lost per week.

witchyonadiet 08-03-2007 07:58 PM

I don't think it matters when you weigh yourself as long as you do it at the same time. I do it every two weeks on Sunday morning.

ANOther 08-03-2007 08:12 PM

:goodscale
Au contraire, that's the best time to weigh in, after you've downloaded all the #1 and #2 and before you eat anything. For me, the only trouble is my bowels only move when they're good and ready and sometimes that's after I weigh!

EZMONEY 08-03-2007 08:30 PM

I actually thought that it was a LAW to weigh yourself after a good "movement" ;)

3fcuser1058250 08-03-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1802155)
I actually thought that it was a LAW to weigh yourself after a good "movement" ;)

:rofl: Absolutely, it's the LAW!! :lol:

ennay 08-03-2007 09:46 PM

I dont even bother getting on the scale if I haven't

sidhe 08-03-2007 09:59 PM

Think about this: in anatomical terms, the GI (gastrointestinal--throat stomach intestines colon) tract is considered EXTERNAL to the body. Would you weigh yourself holding a couple of thick books in your hands? Get rid of as much "external" as you can! :lol:

rosemarie0007 08-03-2007 10:33 PM

well my scale must be out of wack because I read 165.4 this morning and after I used the bathroom I was was still 165.4 , how can that be? You would think it would read 165.2 or something?

JayEll 08-04-2007 06:47 AM

Yawn. Good morning. :coffee:

Any scale is only accurate within a certain range. The important thing is to weigh at about the same time every day and under the same circumstances, because you're looking for the differences from day to day or week to week, not for an absolute value.

Personally, I don't worry about tenths too much.

Jay

FlabbyHarry 08-04-2007 08:24 AM

i always weigh myself at time because through the day ive normaly gained 2lbs and by the next morning its gone! sometimes is i have lost weight even more! which is great if you ask me :D :D :D

aymster 08-04-2007 09:17 AM

At my WL center, they encourage one to use the bathroom before the weigh in! They know! LOL!

It's not cheating for sure, but rather a more accurate weigh in! So, go before you go!

elmuyloco5 08-04-2007 11:49 AM

X

bargoo 08-04-2007 02:45 PM

I am obeying the law!

tomandkara 08-04-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmuyloco5 (Post 1802736)
The most accurate way to weigh yourself isn't even to way yourself once a week on the same day. If you think about it, you could easily eat a salty meal, or have TOM, or have intestinal issues on that day the same way you could any other day of the week.

The best way to judge your weight loss is to weigh every day and then add the weights up for the week, divide by 7 and get the average weight for that week. Compare that average to the average of the week before. That will show a more accurate picture of your weight loss over time.

This is an interesting approach. AND it keeps my brain cells from deteriorating! Shrink the fat cells while you're growing brain cells. I think I like it! Thanks, Katrina!

Kara

EZMONEY 08-04-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosemarie0007 (Post 1802281)
well my scale must be out of wack because I read 165.4 this morning and after I used the bathroom I was was still 165.4 , how can that be? You would think it would read 165.2 or something?

Could it be your poo was all FAT FREE?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidhe (Post 1802240)
Think about this: in anatomical terms, the GI (gastrointestinal--throat stomach intestines colon) tract is considered EXTERNAL to the body. Would you weigh yourself holding a couple of thick books in your hands? Get rid of as much "external" as you can! :lol:

Beauty and brains!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayEll (Post 1802461)
Yawn. Good morning. :coffee:

Personally, I don't worry about tenths too much.

I don't either JAY when they are on the GAIN side ~ on the LOSS side...I TAKE 'EM!! :D

Jay

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 1802951)
I am obeying the law!

All American Girl!

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmuyloco5 (Post 1802736)
The most accurate way to weigh yourself isn't even to way yourself once a week on the same day. If you think about it, you could easily eat a salty meal, or have TOM, or have intestinal issues on that day the same way you could any other day of the week.

The best way to judge your weight loss is to weigh every day and then add the weights up for the week, divide by 7 and get the average weight for that week. Compare that average to the average of the week before. That will show a more accurate picture of your weight loss over time.

WAY too much work for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomandkara (Post 1803182)
This is an interesting approach. AND it keeps my brain cells from deteriorating! Shrink the fat cells while you're growing brain cells. I think I like it! Thanks, Katrina!

Kara

Kara...you got that? ;)

OK ~ so here's the deal ~ This morning I get up and do my "movement" I then weigh in. Re-fill my giant coffee cup, read some sports pages from the papers we get, do some 3FC bonding, drinking more :coffee: Well, low and behold I have to take care of another "movement" within an hour and a half. What I would like to know is ~ IS IT AGAINST THE LAW TO RE-WEIGH? and if it isn't against the law, is it mandatory to use the second weigh-in IF in fact it is MORE than the original?

settie 08-04-2007 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1803225)
[COLOR="Red"]OK ~ so here's the deal ~ This morning I get up and do my "movement" I then weigh in. Re-fill my giant coffee cup, read some sports pages from the papers we get, do some 3FC bonding, drinking more :coffee: Well, low and behold I have to take care of another "movement" within an hour and a half. What I would like to know is ~ IS IT AGAINST THE LAW TO RE-WEIGH? and if it isn't against the law, is it mandatory to use the second weigh-in IF in fact it is MORE than the original?

I can't belive you have coffee before you weigh in!! :dizzy: Pee, undress and on the scale. However, if you do have a second weigh in - movement or not -it is definitely the one you have to use. ;)

JayEll 08-04-2007 09:02 PM

Hey EZ, how big are your cups of coffee? Because only 8 ounces is, well, half a pound! :eek: I wait until after I weigh to drink water or coffee. But, I don't have the patience to wait for ummm the movement of the day.

Jay

EZMONEY 08-04-2007 10:23 PM

Oh goodness Gals ~ Let me clarify ~ First of all my cup holds 20 ounces ~ second of all before my morning weigh in I just take little bitty sips, just enough to get my Lipitor down (same routine every morning so I don't forget). When I say re-fill I really didn't mean right after my first weigh in...oh goodness no!

Just a couple of sips gals that's all ;)

Lyria 08-05-2007 03:19 AM

The only weigh-in I take note of is first thing in the morning, in the birthday suit after eliminating as much waste as humanly possible and before I shower

But I do weight at other times of the day...my weight can go from being 64.5kgs in the morning to 66.5 kilos before bed. Thats a 4.5 pound difference lol.

I drink A LOT and omg...the number of night trips and talk about unleashing the flood gates in the morning :P I never would have believed it was possible for a body to retain THAT much fluid! :P

tomandkara 08-05-2007 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1803225)
OK ~ so here's the deal ~ This morning I get up and do my "movement" I then weigh in. Re-fill my giant coffee cup, read some sports pages from the papers we get, do some 3FC bonding, drinking more :coffee: Well, low and behold I have to take care of another "movement" within an hour and a half. What I would like to know is ~ IS IT AGAINST THE LAW TO RE-WEIGH? and if it isn't against the law, is it mandatory to use the second weigh-in IF in fact it is MORE than the original?

Oh, no, I'd go so far as to say you're obligated to use the lower one and discount the higher one as some sort of fluke.

Kara

tomandkara 08-05-2007 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayEll (Post 1803256)
Hey EZ, how big are your cups of coffee? Because only 8 ounces is, well, half a pound! :eek: I wait until after I weigh to drink water or coffee. But, I don't have the patience to wait for ummm the movement of the day.

Jay

I always weigh after the baby's nursed because I figure it's just not fair for that to count toward my weight! I don't know exactly, but she's gotta be getting at least 8 ounces, that would be half a pound or more.

Kara

onthetee 08-05-2007 09:40 AM

I also obey the law and make sure the baby has drained both boobs before I weigh in.

baffled111 08-05-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by settie (Post 1803236)
I can't believe you have coffee before you weigh in!! :dizzy: Pee, undress and on the scale. ;)

I don't know about the rest of you, but there are no movements for me until I've had two cups of coffee. :) I get up, pee, sit and drink 20oz of water and about 16 oz of coffee. Then I can move, and weigh. (The trouble is that I can't always get rid of the water and coffee along with the rest of it. I am quite certain that this is the primary reason that I'm not incredibly light and skinny.) Still, I don't weigh until my BM. I see no reason to count last night's dinner as part of my bodyweight!

need2loseinGA 08-05-2007 12:21 PM

If I waited for a BM it would be around noon before I weighed. By that point I have drank tons of water and had 2-3 meals. So I just weigh first thing in the morning. And I don't drink coffee because I cut caffeine out.

3fcuser1058250 08-05-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 1802219)
I dont even bother getting on the scale if I haven't

Neither do I!! :lol3:

Lost squirrel 08-06-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkiniJeni (Post 1802075)
That's when I weight myself. If you can weigh yourself completely naked that's even better, but it kinda depends on where your scale is.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-re...5/125/180/.png

I weigh myself in a gym, so that might not be such a good idea for me.:o

Ohhkay8 08-06-2007 08:25 AM

I always weigh myself second thing in the morning, right after I uhm use the restroom.

lumifan4ever 08-06-2007 10:56 AM

I too am a firm believer of emptying out my bladder and weighing naked. Of course, i feel like a liar to my boyfriend when i brag about what i weighed that morning and then i get on the scales and it says 4 pounds higher. It's just not fair!!!!:tantrum:

trooworld 08-08-2007 01:12 PM

I'm glad to hear that I am not cheating or breaking any laws by weighing myself after the doo and naked. I just went and weighed myself and am down a few pounds, but then again I haven't weighed myself since 7/26. I did break the law though by drinking 2 mugs of coffee (20-24 oz each) and eating cereal before weighing.

EZ: once again, you've cracked me up!

Katrina: that is an excellent way to weigh yourself...I think I will try that.

Glory87 08-08-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trooworld (Post 1802026)
Is it cheating to weigh yourself after "going to the bathroom" and before I eat breakfast?

I weigh myself on Sunday morning. Get up, pee, strip naked, weigh. I believe consistency is the most important factor of weighing. If I wear pajamas when I weigh, I should always wear pajamas. If I weigh in the morning, I should always weigh in the morning, etc.

hopingtobehopeful 08-09-2007 04:36 PM

I wake up, pee, shower and exfoliate and THEN weigh naked. (After, of course, towel drying my hair as much as possible.) And it's the only weight I write down. I read once the you can be 1/2 pound lighter after a shower and tried it out. It's true! The only problem is that I hate to shower before coffee because I'm afraid I'll drown........

GirlyGirlSebas 08-09-2007 04:49 PM

Every single morning,I wake up, walk to the toilet, do my duty...then carefully and gently step on the scales, making sure to put my feet in the exact same spot every time....afterall, they are a very very sensitive piece of equipment and I don't want to upset them!:rofl: