3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Is it cheating to weigh yourself after... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/119613-cheating-weigh-yourself-after.html)

trooworld 08-03-2007 06:01 PM

Is it cheating to weigh yourself after...

Is it cheating to weigh yourself after "going to the bathroom" and before I eat breakfast? I know I weigh less when I weigh myself after such activities/before breakfast. Should I wait until the middle of the day to weigh? I feel kind of like I am deceiving myself for weighing using my current method. Do you "do the doo" before you weigh???

rockinrobin 08-03-2007 06:18 PM

That's EXACTLY when I weigh myself. That really IS your true weight. When your body is at it's emptiest so to speak. It's DEFINITELY not cheating. Your weight will increase as the day goes on just by the volume of food that you have eaten and haven't yet digested.

CousinRockingChair 08-03-2007 06:24 PM

No it isn't, since you might eat completely different things one morning to the next or whatever, but (normally) you don't eat/drink overnight, so its the same conditions every morning so to speak.

emily
xxx

alinnell 08-03-2007 06:34 PM

For most of us, that's the ONLY time we weigh!

kaplods 08-03-2007 06:39 PM

Firstly, like everyone said, it isn't "cheating," at all, but in fact the best time to weigh (for consistency and other variables not interfering, not in any way because there's a "wrong" way to do it).

That you ask, though kind of hints that you might be a little obsessive (do you worry whether the apple you are choosing has 45 or 50 calories?) I've definitely been there, but obsessing over small decisions can drive you absolutely crazy. If the scale is moving in the right direction, and your choices are usually healthy ones, you're doing fine!

Pita09 08-03-2007 06:45 PM

Heck, I weigh myself in the morning to find my lowest weight, then I weigh in the middle of the afternoon to see how I'm doing, and I weigh after dinner to see what the highest point of the day is. I even weigh in the middle of the night after I get up to pee, which with the amount of water I drink can be two or three times a night!! :dizzy:

I'm beginning to wonder if I should have bought those scales and put them in the bathroom. :idea:

SkiniJeni 08-03-2007 06:55 PM

That's when I weight myself. If you can weigh yourself completely naked that's even better, but it kinda depends on where your scale is.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-re...5/125/180/.png

need2loseinGA 08-03-2007 07:08 PM

I weigh myself in the morning as well. Like others I don't see that as cheating.

cakses 08-03-2007 07:19 PM

I wake up, pee, and then weigh myself. My weight fluctuates every other moment in the day, so this is the only time I know of that works to compare my weight to other days. I don't obsess over the day to day weight though. I do weight myself, but I am only concerned by how much I gave gained/lost per week.

witchyonadiet 08-03-2007 07:58 PM

I don't think it matters when you weigh yourself as long as you do it at the same time. I do it every two weeks on Sunday morning.

ANOther 08-03-2007 08:12 PM

:goodscale
Au contraire, that's the best time to weigh in, after you've downloaded all the #1 and #2 and before you eat anything. For me, the only trouble is my bowels only move when they're good and ready and sometimes that's after I weigh!

EZMONEY 08-03-2007 08:30 PM

I actually thought that it was a LAW to weigh yourself after a good "movement" ;)

Ilene 08-03-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1802155)
I actually thought that it was a LAW to weigh yourself after a good "movement" ;)

:rofl: Absolutely, it's the LAW!! :lol:

ennay 08-03-2007 09:46 PM

I dont even bother getting on the scale if I haven't

sidhe 08-03-2007 09:59 PM

Think about this: in anatomical terms, the GI (gastrointestinal--throat stomach intestines colon) tract is considered EXTERNAL to the body. Would you weigh yourself holding a couple of thick books in your hands? Get rid of as much "external" as you can! :lol: