Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

well my scale must be out of wack because I read 165.4 this morning and after I used the bathroom I was was still 165.4 , how can that be? You would think it would read 165.2 or something?
rosemarie0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:47 AM   #17  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yawn. Good morning.

Any scale is only accurate within a certain range. The important thing is to weigh at about the same time every day and under the same circumstances, because you're looking for the differences from day to day or week to week, not for an absolute value.

Personally, I don't worry about tenths too much.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:24 AM   #18  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

i always weigh myself at time because through the day ive normaly gained 2lbs and by the next morning its gone! sometimes is i have lost weight even more! which is great if you ask me
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:17 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

At my WL center, they encourage one to use the bathroom before the weigh in! They know! LOL!

It's not cheating for sure, but rather a more accurate weigh in! So, go before you go!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #20  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:41 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am obeying the law!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #22  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuyloco5 View Post
The most accurate way to weigh yourself isn't even to way yourself once a week on the same day. If you think about it, you could easily eat a salty meal, or have TOM, or have intestinal issues on that day the same way you could any other day of the week.

The best way to judge your weight loss is to weigh every day and then add the weights up for the week, divide by 7 and get the average weight for that week. Compare that average to the average of the week before. That will show a more accurate picture of your weight loss over time.
This is an interesting approach. AND it keeps my brain cells from deteriorating! Shrink the fat cells while you're growing brain cells. I think I like it! Thanks, Katrina!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #23  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemarie0007 View Post
well my scale must be out of wack because I read 165.4 this morning and after I used the bathroom I was was still 165.4 , how can that be? You would think it would read 165.2 or something?
Could it be your poo was all FAT FREE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe View Post
Think about this: in anatomical terms, the GI (gastrointestinal--throat stomach intestines colon) tract is considered EXTERNAL to the body. Would you weigh yourself holding a couple of thick books in your hands? Get rid of as much "external" as you can!
Beauty and brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Yawn. Good morning.

Personally, I don't worry about tenths too much.

I don't either JAY when they are on the GAIN side ~ on the LOSS side...I TAKE 'EM!!

Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I am obeying the law!
All American Girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuyloco5 View Post
The most accurate way to weigh yourself isn't even to way yourself once a week on the same day. If you think about it, you could easily eat a salty meal, or have TOM, or have intestinal issues on that day the same way you could any other day of the week.

The best way to judge your weight loss is to weigh every day and then add the weights up for the week, divide by 7 and get the average weight for that week. Compare that average to the average of the week before. That will show a more accurate picture of your weight loss over time.
WAY too much work for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
This is an interesting approach. AND it keeps my brain cells from deteriorating! Shrink the fat cells while you're growing brain cells. I think I like it! Thanks, Katrina!

Kara
Kara...you got that?

OK ~ so here's the deal ~ This morning I get up and do my "movement" I then weigh in. Re-fill my giant coffee cup, read some sports pages from the papers we get, do some 3FC bonding, drinking more Well, low and behold I have to take care of another "movement" within an hour and a half. What I would like to know is ~ IS IT AGAINST THE LAW TO RE-WEIGH? and if it isn't against the law, is it mandatory to use the second weigh-in IF in fact it is MORE than the original?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
[COLOR="Red"]OK ~ so here's the deal ~ This morning I get up and do my "movement" I then weigh in. Re-fill my giant coffee cup, read some sports pages from the papers we get, do some 3FC bonding, drinking more Well, low and behold I have to take care of another "movement" within an hour and a half. What I would like to know is ~ IS IT AGAINST THE LAW TO RE-WEIGH? and if it isn't against the law, is it mandatory to use the second weigh-in IF in fact it is MORE than the original?
I can't belive you have coffee before you weigh in!! Pee, undress and on the scale. However, if you do have a second weigh in - movement or not -it is definitely the one you have to use.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #25  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey EZ, how big are your cups of coffee? Because only 8 ounces is, well, half a pound! I wait until after I weigh to drink water or coffee. But, I don't have the patience to wait for ummm the movement of the day.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Oh goodness Gals ~ Let me clarify ~ First of all my cup holds 20 ounces ~ second of all before my morning weigh in I just take little bitty sips, just enough to get my Lipitor down (same routine every morning so I don't forget). When I say re-fill I really didn't mean right after my first weigh in...oh goodness no!

Just a couple of sips gals that's all
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:19 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

The only weigh-in I take note of is first thing in the morning, in the birthday suit after eliminating as much waste as humanly possible and before I shower

But I do weight at other times of the day...my weight can go from being 64.5kgs in the morning to 66.5 kilos before bed. Thats a 4.5 pound difference lol.

I drink A LOT and omg...the number of night trips and talk about unleashing the flood gates in the morning :P I never would have believed it was possible for a body to retain THAT much fluid! :P
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:26 AM   #28  
Visualizing the Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
OK ~ so here's the deal ~ This morning I get up and do my "movement" I then weigh in. Re-fill my giant coffee cup, read some sports pages from the papers we get, do some 3FC bonding, drinking more Well, low and behold I have to take care of another "movement" within an hour and a half. What I would like to know is ~ IS IT AGAINST THE LAW TO RE-WEIGH? and if it isn't against the law, is it mandatory to use the second weigh-in IF in fact it is MORE than the original?
Oh, no, I'd go so far as to say you're obligated to use the lower one and discount the higher one as some sort of fluke.

Kara
Old 08-05-2007, 03:28 AM   #29  
Visualizing the Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey EZ, how big are your cups of coffee? Because only 8 ounces is, well, half a pound! I wait until after I weigh to drink water or coffee. But, I don't have the patience to wait for ummm the movement of the day.

Jay
I always weigh after the baby's nursed because I figure it's just not fair for that to count toward my weight! I don't know exactly, but she's gotta be getting at least 8 ounces, that would be half a pound or more.

Kara
Old 08-05-2007, 09:40 AM   #30  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I also obey the law and make sure the baby has drained both boobs before I weigh in.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote