Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Default Kick in the pants

Ahhhhh. I need a quick kick in the pants. I lost 30 pounds or so and got a cold and stopped being good for like 2 months. I haven't been bad enough to gain anything back I just can't lose anymore. I know I just need to go back to keeping track and eating better but its hard. I was feeling so good and exercising. My knees were feeling better but I may have been too hard on them because they have been hurting. I stopped coming here so much and was trying another site but I think I need to just go back to counting points and coming here for support. Come on, help me everyone.
kgood2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Your wish is my command
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:35 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think it's fantastic that you haven't gained anything back. Very impressive in fact.

Okay, so now it's time to get back to the "losing" aspect of this little journey.

Sounds like you know exactly what needs to be done. Like you said - keeping track, counting points, coming to 3FC. May I also suggest - ridding your home of all the junk and your trigger foods. Adding in some wholesome, nutritious foods. Keeping the bad stuff out and the good stuff in is a great way to get things going again. Plan your meals and snacks so that you know exactly what you are eating so there are no surprises come meal and snack time. So come on girl - let's get to it. Make a commitment to yourself, set up some ground rules and start getting back into the swing of things. Before you know it you will be right back on course. You KNOW you can do this.

As far as the exercise goes, take it nice and slow. Ease into the exercise. Hopefully in a short matter of time those knees will be improving. Swimming, the recumbent bike and the elliptical are all "knee friendly" exercises you might want to try.

Good luck to you. You CAN do this. For sure.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #4  

Great job on maintaining, at least! That is a huge accomplishment in and of itself. What were you doing to lose weight before? What has worked for you in the past? I have found support to be the most important element of my success thus far. Without it, I know I wouldn't be here. So if time allows, get back and active in the boards. You know we'll kick your butt if needed. :-D
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:40 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I sat around and just maintained several times while losing weight. I've even been in a maintain routine for a good while now while close to goal. I get out and exercise regularly still, and will eat right a few days, then blow it a few days, so the weight just tends to stand still. But as long as I'm not gaining, its an accomplishment. You're not gaining, THAT is an accomplishment. When your mind gets to the point it did to cause you to first seek to lose the weight, you'll be ready to drop some more. Try and think about the things that prompted you to lose the first 30 and they might spur you into action again.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

At least you didn't gain back like I did sitting on my butt for nine months after dumping tons of weight... This time around it seems easier, but I'm sad to have to lose the same pounds over again, don't go down this road, it's a lot of work - repeated work. If you lost 30 lbs you did great... maybe you needed a break. But get back to it!!! I'm 5'9 and I'm down to 168, and I have more to go - you wont' believe how much more energy I have these days just losing 12 lbs! Just think of how you'll feel if you keep going, just think of the clothes you'll be able to wear... it's not about vanity, but about general health. Go girl...
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote