Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #1  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy PLEASE HELP!!!!! what am i doing wrong?!?!?

first of all.... thank you for opening this!

secondly........
right well i had lost almost an inch off my belly before i joined 3FC and was proud as it only taken a week! but trying to keep back on track it has been 4 weeks and i am just the same i must admit i do slip up like eating a magnum every other week but nothing really different and now the magnums are in the bin and i havent eaten any of them i am still just the same.
what am i doing wrong!??!?!
this is what i eat in an average day:

breakfast: a bowl of special K peach flavour and a cup of black tea

mid-morn snack: special K bar

lunch: chicken tika sandwhich in wholemeal teacake, 1 cracker slightly buttered and i bottle of OJ

dinner: a bowl of special K peach flavour and some OJ

my excersise tho just really consists of me dancing once a week, i do have excersise dvds but i always feel like poo and dont feel well enough to do them but i do try but i end up stopping half way through because i go really weasey ....please help me!!!!!!!!
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I don't know what your total calorie count is there, but it looks quite low. Are you sure you're eating enough? Your weight is pretty low so you need fewer calories than many of us do, but it looks like you're practically starving yourself. I say increase your calories and increase your exercise. You're probably "going weasey" when you exercise because you're not eating enough to feel well enough to do them. If your body doesn't get fuel, you can't do anything. If you eat enough, you'll be able to exercise. And you'll keep your metabolism going as well.

Eat!! Then you'll have some energy!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #3  
A Work In PROGRESS

oh ok thats a good surprise thank you!

ive just done some researching and i think im not eating enough fruit n veg either .... oh well ill make a new meal plan thanks xx
Old 07-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Tough love - you are eating a small amount of calories made up of overly processed crap (juice, Special K).

Eat a healthy number of calories and focus on getting enough vegetables, protein, whole grains, healthy fats, fiber, fruit.

You don't have the energy to exercise because you are putting substandard fuel in your engine.

Check out the following books: 150 Healthiest Foods, You On a Diet, Body for Life, Super Foods Rx.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #5  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

From this menu I would say your calories are too low. Where are your veggies? and your not likely getting enough protien either.
I dont see how you are surviving on special K, It isnt very nutritious.
I would suggest adding some protien to you breakfast, an egg, whole grain toast with PB. yogurt? You can slow your metabolism down by eating to few calories.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #6  
Mom to T.J. and Brady

S/C/G: 248/

change things up a bit. Try adding something new. Granted I am no expert, but, at weight watchers they say if you hit a platue you need to change things up because your body is getting to used to what it is going to get. Up the calories. Good luck and keep us posted.
momofmunkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Ditto what everyone has said--you need some REAL food in there. Go buy some fruit instead of juice and add vegetables to your lunch and dinner. I know there are people who think that the 2-a-day cereal is a good diet, but it really is just a bunch of processed junk.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:51 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Yes, you do need some real food. I'm sorry, but I've never thought the Special K diet was an actual diet. Just something to sell their processed cereal. Don't get me wrong, I eat processed stuff, I just keep it in moderation. I like Special K, but not twice a day every day. Blech!

But also, one day of exercise a week is NOT enough. You're small, with very little weight to lose. It generally gets harder for those near their goals. You should at least get in 3 days a week of exercise. But trying for even more isn't a bad idea.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Heh, I eat processed foods; they're convenient. I also eat fruits and raw veggies. I'm exhausted a good portion of the time because I work 10 hour days, so if I want a hot meal, processed is just easier.

While saying that, the Special K diet is BLEH! You definitely just need to eat more all around. Not eating enough will cause you to not have the energy to exercise which will in turn slow down your weight loss progress.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #10  
A Work In PROGRESS

thanks people yeah i think im going to scrap that special k diet... they make it look so useful on the adverts but as ive noticed it dont work and yeah it was pretty crummy not eating a variety! thanks xxx