Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2007, 12:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Default good day gone bad

I stuck to my diet today and didn't cheat at all. For me a very good thing.

My new weight scale broke when I got on it tonight. Its only like 2 weeks old. Blah hate them anyway.

An then there what happen at work that I just can't shake.

I work with parking equiment. Gate and ticket spitters service the entire DC metro area. An I had a call to remove wires from gate at this lot. Well turned out they need both gates and all the power and control cables removed cause the "big wigs" were coming in tomarrow. Its rush hour people are getting out like rats off a sinking ship. I have lay on the ground to cut bolts watch my saw watch for cars so they don't hit me and I don't hit them.

Its hot I'm sweating my knuckles are bleeding cause there is a coating on the floor that acts like sand paper against skin. Gates weight 150lbs and most of the weights at one end. I have all this going on at some point my pants slip a bit top of butt gets exposed. I wear bigger shirts that hang low because this happens and I don't like it and I know other people don't want to see it either.

A lady saw this didn't say anything to me but as she drove by the attendent (she had to past me to get to him) Told him she was scandualized and almost wrecked her car because of seeing my plumer crack. An asked if the attendent if he would ask me to pull up my pants. (mind you she was leaving just about to turn onto the roadway when she said all this to him) The attendent told me what she had said and I was angry. I shrugged it off but inside I was angry. Had she said to my face I wouldn't have been I would have appolgized to her and thanked her for letting me know. But what she said and how she said it. I went numb and it cut deep.

Just grr Its not I asked to be this way or haven't tryed different way to keep it from happening. I've even gone as far as suppender but they break within day do two the harshness of my work. An then your going to comment and laugh but not have the guts to say to my face.

It makes me want to lose the weight even more an at the same time makes me want go into my cave and come out.

Thanks for the vent

John.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

It sucks that that lady was rude to you. Plumber's crack happens to the best of us, and I am sure it has nothing to do with your weight, really. It still makes me cringe when I think about this one time back in Middle School that a girl I'd never talked to came up to my table and was like, "I just wanted to let you know that your butt crack is hanging out." How embarassing!
I am positive that most people, upon seeing something like that, will just avert their eyes and move on. Only those few rude people will actually say something. Also, like I said, it probably has nothing to do with your weight, just the way your pants fit and the lady just had something up her butt that made her think it was alright to humiliate someone instead of just drive away.
I think you should just forget the incident (though I know it can be hard), you are doing a great job with your weightloss! Keep up the good work!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:34 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Oh John. That is awful! I hope your day goes better tomorrow! We lived in the DC area for three and a half years, and that was enough for us. So much stress, and by far the worst drivers ever, clearly evident in this case!

Turn it around and use it as motivation to keep yourself going!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #4  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi, John
Sorry you had such a rough day. Don't let that discourage you. People don't understand how another person would feel about their comments, not until it happens to them. Keep your head up and keep going full steam ahead with your weight loss and keep coming here for support.

Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #5  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Ugh, some people are so rude.
She should have kept her big mouth SHUT.
My butt usually ends up hanging out of my jeans if I bend down etc...not much I can do and I see it all the time with lots of men and women. I wear girl-boxers under my jeans that say stuff on them so you don't see my butt, just the boxers!

Well done on sticking to your diet and your weight loss so far John!!
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

If it'll make ya feel any better, remember that while she had to make a comment on your weight like that, it likely means she's an extremely unhappy person, probably very alone in life. Hey! You may be overweight, but she's a stuckup busy body nobody that people can't stand to be around! She makes her rude comments probably just for the sake of being able to say she actually spoke to someone today...just for the attention. Chalk it up to what it was...a poor pathetic soul in need of a good smack upside her head.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

That's terrible! I can't believe that woman would think it was appropriate to say something like that!

But, yeah, plumber's crack happens to the best of us! Esp. with the low-rise styles. I am finally starting to fit into some of my skinnier jeans (though they're a bit tight) and was proud to be wearing one the other day when my husband walks over to me and said, "Not that I might seeing it, but you might want to be be aware that people can see your butt crack when you lean forward in those jeans"! I was happy he warned me before I gave everyone else a show!
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #8  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

What a shame

My grandma is just like this woman. What happened is that she has nothing better to do with her time (seriously) and gets so bored that she has to find something to talk about or someone to ridecule. She probably went home and called people to tell them the whole story and even made it sound worse. I'm telling you...some of these older women who are lonely will do anything for attention. I hope I'm never like this.

I feel for ya bud! Hang in there, don't let these kind of people get to you. Good for you for shrugging it off...I probably would have been like "ExCUSE me?? Who do you think you're talking to?? You got a problem with me?" and get right in their face. I'd like to see the look on her face THEN.

Just laugh at it....and chalk it up as something to look back on during your weight-loss journey. Even when I was half my size I am now, if I wore ultra-low cut jeans, my crack would show. It happens to everyone ESPEICALLY young girls because of the style of jeans now. You should've just told her it's the new style and you're trying to go with the trend.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #9  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 02:50 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #10  
Queen of Everything

Height: 5'5

what a biotch... there you are, hard at work... i doubt you were focusing on your butt-crack at the time. obviously, it's not something that was intentional... not like the young gang-wannabe kids out there that WANT their pants below their a$$ - skinny or not, intentional buttcrack is pretty icky, even on petite girls that want people to see thier thong - i don't care how much i lose i will NEVER be that girl (on purpose). if she was so offended, maybe she should've gotten her butt out of the car and helped you to hurry up and get done so you didn't offend anyone else.

i think overweight people aren't given enough credit for anything... like when we're at the gym - i've gotten looks like "what are YOU doing here?" or "do you really think it'll make a difference?"... but y'know... i could be at home getting fatter, instead - i'm getting off my a$$. some fat people try to get disability just on the grounds that they're fat (my cousin did this) - a personal choice, but i'm glad to see overweight people working just like everyone else, especially at a physically demanding job. i hope that doesn't sound offensive to anyone.
Mdae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #11  

Quote:
Told him she was scandualized and almost wrecked her car because of seeing my plumer crack.
Oh, the atrocity! How dare you be more concerned with your job than your pants?!

Seriously, she has more issues than I'd like to count. And apparently, taking it out on YOU was all she could do at the moment to vent. But oh well. She'll get over it. Don't take it too harshly (I know, easier said than done). Just keep up the good work.

Last edited by JayEll; 07-20-2007 at 08:37 PM.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote