Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 09:28 AM   #16  
Happy Member

Default Hi, LLB -

You asked about the Foodmover. It is a handy little gadget that works for me. The Foodmover is a container for a card, there are different cards for the specific amount you weigh, there are windows that you close when you eat a portion of food. For example if you eat 1 oz. of grilled chicken, you then close one protein window, 2 oz, two protein windows, etc.

The concept is based on the diabetic food exchange program. As I am a diabetic, it provides a healthy program for me to follow. It also works for non-diabetics. It is just a balanced eating program.

I eat four starches, 4 proteins, 5 veggies, 2 fruits, 2 dairies, 2 fats and 1 extra per day. That is when I am behaving myself. Sure, I mess up at times. Then I have to restart myself. But it does provide a healthy balance of food.

I no longer count calories - the calories are counted for me. One serving of protein is so many calories, etc. And the big thing is that I can see at a glance how much food is left for me to eat at the end of the day by how many, and what, windows are still open. If there is a fruit window still open in the evening then I can have an apple as a snack.

No, it is not perfect. Nothing is perfect. Someday they will invent a magic pill that you can take once a day and then eat anything and everything that you want to without gaining weight. I am looking forward to that happy, happy day. For now, I use the Foodmover.

Waterbaby, I never used the Deal-a-Meal cards, so you must tell us how they work for you.
Also, WB, I too exercise in the privacy of my home. With all the doors and windows firmly shut and no one else around. Silly, isn't it?

Good luck to all of us on our various eating programs.
Old 12-28-2001, 03:23 PM   #17  

I am home with the flu so I decided to get one constructive things done - so here is the next lesson....see the new thread dated 12/28/2001.
Old 01-05-2002, 11:15 PM   #18  

Hi everyone!

The diets I have been on are numerous and only 1 worked.

I tried :

Slimfast - I found it left my shaky and weak.

WW - Just couldn't stick to it.

Heart Patients diet - Not enough variety - not a long term solution.

Cabbage Soup diet - boring

TOPS - the first two times I tried it I didn't lose anything. (Didn't try very hard) The third time I lost 33 pounds. Now I have just maintained and gained a little bit since I went off of it. I started again this week and lost 2 pounds! I find I need the structure and like how it's very balanced. I makes me eat from all food groups. I also find this non-diet approach is a great compliment to my TOPS diet and the two together are a great combo. They are just what I need.
Closed Thread